*VIDEO On to the Next One VIDEO* Vol. Weird

Too lazy to read through all the pages, but I'm assuming it's all Illuminati talk / devil talk. Haha

Originally Posted by nerraD

Too lazy to read through all the pages, but I'm assuming it's all Illuminati talk / devil talk. Haha

tired.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I notice there's 4 sides to this

1) People who are ridiculous and thinks this means Jay is the devil
2) People who think Jay isnt dumb and is using this symbolism for a reason (not devil-worshipping related)
3) People who dismiss the whole notion and thinks it's dumb as hell and the people that believe anything Jay says can have a double meaning are ******ed
4) People who care some, but either way I just enjoy the music

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Originally Posted by truthteller

Originally Posted by RavageBX

"Wear a G on my chest, I don't need Dapper Dan"
i always thought he was talkin about wearin jewelry or somethin...like a chain around his neck or something..

hmmm interesting..
Word, I was thinking he was talking about a nice chain or piece of jewelry at the time, but this makes me look at that lyric from a different angle.
He was talking about Gucci.

i.e. Dapper Dan gucci suits:

http://slangrap.files.wor...9/05/followtheleader.jpg src="http://slangrap.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/followtheleader.jpg">

Rav is just playing w/ y'all heads
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wear a G on my chest I DONT NEED DAPPER DAN

Whatever G hes talkin about, i doubt its a dapper dan suit.

Isnt that the whole point of the lyric?

i always thought he was talkin about wearin jewelry or somethin...like a chain around his neck or something..

hmmm interesting..
Word, I was thinking he was talking about a nice chain or piece of jewelry at the time, but this makes me look at that lyric from a different angle.

http://slangrap.files.wor...9/05/followtheleader.jpg src="http://slangrap.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/followtheleader.jpg">

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hmmm... Even more proof that maybe my first insight wasn't that far off.

real talk..i thought he said "i don't need that but damn"
roll.gif

but i agree , this is one of his lines..

cuz he goes on to say that this aint a sown outfit

so he obviously aint talkin bout no gucci

holmes is about it

hmmm interesting..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yall aint never seen a dude with a Mason chain

I was gonna come back in an explain the lyrics a lil more but naaaaaah. I'm just let ya'll run wild with it
laugh.gif

I was gonna come back in an explain the lyrics a lil more but naaaaaah. I'm just let ya'll run wild with it
laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif
we all in here speculating too only *!%%% whoknows is Jay stop acting like you write for the dude

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif
we all in here speculating too only *!%%% who knows is Jay stop acting like you write for the dude
In the mid/late 80's, rappers could'nt afford to buy Gucci and Louis so a harlem taylor named Dapper Dan, would make custom outfits thatlooked like Gucci for half the price. Like the pieces in that Eric B and Rakim cover Dre posted. All Jay was saying is that he CAN afford Gucci so hedon't need Dapper Dan.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif
we all in here speculating too only *!%%% who knows is Jay stop acting like you write for the dude
In the mid/late 80's, rappers could'nt afford to buy Gucci and Louis so a harlem taylor named Dapper Dan, would make custom outfits that looked like Gucci for half the price. Like the pieces in that Eric B and Rakim cover Dre posted. All Jay was saying is that he CAN afford Gucci so he don't need Dapper Dan.

Yea I understood the Dapper Dan reference and how that relates to Gucci and G but I was lost when he said G on my chest. like what Gucci apparel has a G onyour a chest at first I was thinking a chain or ice worth a G but that aint nothing to brag on. And he goes on to say this aint a sewn outfit holmes holmes isa bout it. That line always puzzled me cause I dont get what a G on his chest meant. Maybe hes just saying he has a Gucci shirt and im looking to deep
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif
In the mid/late 80's, rappers could'nt afford to buy Gucci and Louis so a harlem taylor named Dapper Dan, would make custom outfits that looked like Gucci for half the price. Like the pieces in that Eric B and Rakim cover Dre posted. All Jay was saying is that he CAN afford Gucci so he don't need Dapper Dan.
It's a lil more than that actually. You know Jay got the double entendre game on lock. "Wear a G on my chest" refers to Gucci butalso being a G. Kind of an old hood saying, wearing a g on your chest like how people say you got an S on your chest in reference to superman. The next part ofthe lyric says "this ain't a sewn outfit". The sewn outfit is in reference to the gucci double entendre and at the same time its another doublebecause he's saying his outfit (slang for a criminal organization) is not sewn it's criminal.

laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif

not gonna front like i already knew that...but i knew it wasnt for no damn mason crap....this makes perfect sense tho

i actually use to think he said "I dont need that for damn"...and whatever G he was referring to got him outta trouble with "the cops hoppingout the back of vans"...i dunno y thats what came to my mind back then

laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif
It's a lil more than that actually. You know Jay got the double entendre game on lock. "Wear a G on my chest" refers to Gucci but also being a G. Kind of an old hood saying, wearing a g on your chest like how people say you got an S on your chest in reference to superman. The next part of the lyric says "this ain't a sewn outfit". The sewn outfit is in reference to the gucci double entendre and at the same time its another double because he's saying his outfit (slang for a criminal organization) is not sewn it's criminal.

that makes sense i knew it had another meaning to it just didnt know what

laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif
It's a lil more than that actually. You know Jay got the double entendre game on lock. "Wear a G on my chest" refers to Gucci but also being a G. Kind of an old hood saying, wearing a g on your chest like how people say you got an S on your chest in reference to superman. The next part of the lyric says "this ain't a sewn outfit". The sewn outfit is in reference to the gucci double entendre and at the same time its another double because he's saying his outfit (slang for a criminal organization) is not sewn it's criminal.
I never looked at that line the way you just described.....although it does make sense. I just took it as his *%%* ain't sewn the wayDapper's suits were. Like he had that authentic *%%* and not some joint son sewed together in the back of his shop....but then again this is Jay.

laugh.gif
explain it
laugh.gif
I never looked at that line the way you just described.....although it does make sense. I just took it as his *%%* ain't sewn the way Dapper's suits were. Like he had that authentic *%%* and not some joint son sewed together in the back of his shop....but then again this is Jay.
Easy to make that mistake if you don't account for the qualifying line after. "Holmes is about it", as in about this G isht forreal.

all the illuminati heads in this thread disappeared. not gonna lie the convo was interesting, whether u believed it or not.

Back
Top Bottom