Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

1. That doesnt make sense. How could you ever be up to date with anyones Hardware if people release phones after your phone? How can you be up to date with any software if you are running a totally different platform? From my personal expereince and third party software will come out on the iPhone before Android. Show me ANY example of a major developer developing for the Android before the iPhone platform. You wont. iOS is the primary mobile developing platform even though it has the a smaller market share than android ios users support its app store way better than the Android Market.

2. Again have you seen the games here are gameplay screenshots. These screen shots are better than any DS game I remember and on par with what I remember from the PSP.
rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

metal-gear-solid-iphone.jpg
<----- An Older IOS game, look at the graphics.

3. How do you explain the attachment rate for the wii then? If it was the inferior product than why would people be buying the games in boatloads? The games suited peoples needs better than what the PS3 and XBOX had at the time for familys. The Wii was looked as a family consoles and the other 2 were looked up as Hardcore consoles. Why do you think MS is trying to change its image to a more family oriented console now? The family gamer demographic is HUGE and has basically been untouched until the Wii came out.
1. Hardware, it's easy, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. do it all the time. Far as software, that's Apple fault if they want to continue to backpedal on outdated tech for years. I have an iPhone, I know what the feeling is when seeing what AndroidOS can do and has done in the span of a year. It's constantly evolving and the hardware manufactures are right up there with them. Apple controls what they give you, what they want you to see. Apple want to evolve the iPhone at a certain pace because they dont want to hurt there base, they think there base isn't ready for next gen tech but actually Apple in some cases is calling there consumers stupid. That's where Google x [insert phone hardware company here] comes in, they let YOU the consumer decided, not some rich dude in Nor Cal. Let's not forget, it launched without MMS because Apple idea told you emailing photos is the future of mobile devices, 
laugh.gif

2. Yes, I've seen RageHD before, it looks great for a phone. I have Metal Gear Solid for the iPhone, it's fun, looks good to. Doesn't take much though because the backgrounds are pre-render into a 2D bump map, you don't need much tech to do that. Squaresoft has been doing this for years with Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 10 etc. Also it's not like Solid Snake heavy render in 3D either or there tons of particle animations going on. While it's a good looking game, its not technically doing anything spectacular that a PSP or DS can't handle.

3. In the beginning it was all about price, why do you think the PS360 sold much better after those price drops? Wii does have a demographic, but it's not the sole purpose of why it sold so well. Also Wii games are cheaper than PS360 games. Now that the PS360 are at reasonable price point, they are now focusing on going after the demographic with Move/Kinect.
1. What exact technology is the average iphone consumer missing out on that Android has to offer? Apple's logic that you have mentioned is something that they apply to all their devices. Apple isnt quick to make updates that just their nature consumers should know that before purchasing their device. Android phone's hardware has been easily surpassing the application development and even the development of their OS. Realistcaly whats the point of having a phone with a dual core processor if there is no software to use for it? What you are kind of insinuating is for Apple to open up its iOS to different hardware manufacturers which it WONT do. This is a clear and obvious stance from Apple and it has been this way for a LONG time. Everyone should know now that they will refresh their products on an annual cycle which has worked VERY well with consumers. It has been mentioned in this thread that the OG Droid and its successor where released in less than a year from each other. That means that the original adopters were unable to even purchase the latest edition of that phone series. Dont you find that a bit unfair? It is really hard to compare hardware specs on different platforms. If you look at Mac vs PC debate, a lot of people want to make the claim that PC is better strictly off hardware reasons which is a dumb stance on the argument. iOS and OSX are made to be ran on SPECIFIC hardware. The software developers on both platforms are utilizing and taking advantages of that specific hardware. There is a big difference when you are writing a program for one specific hardware configuration and writing a program that needs to run well on multiple configurations. Even if you look at the bare grit of in programming language the most accessible language (Java) is the slowest of all languages.

2. Metal Gear Solid for the iOS isnt really a fair example of gaming on the platform since it is quite dated but it still shows an example of how far we have progressed in such a short time on phone games. Rage HD from Metal Gear Solid is a pretty big leap and most will say the same for Infinity Blade (which has been getting WONDERFUL reviews by all major gaming publications). What has the Android OS dont to even compete with the games on the iOS? Little to nothing is offered from the Android user in terms of actual games. You may get some cheap simple angry bird game but interms of games that can compete with other handhelds you guys have been currently left to dry.

3. Not to spend time on this argument but I do agree that price played a role in the success in the wii but that is overshadowing the fact that the Family market (which the wii targets heavily) makes up a large piece of the gaming industry. Look at the success of Kinect vs Move. Kinect is a way more family friendly and easier for users to use than the PS3 move. Kinect is I believe twice as much as the standard move bundle and it is CRUSHING the Move. Consumers will pay more for a better experience. The Wii offered at the time the best family experience that a console could offer at the moment.
1. Let's see, 
Removable battery

Widgets

4G

Videocalls without wifi

Bigger screen

HDMI port

Removable storage

Charger/Notification indicator

True multitasking, 

Google App updates 

Notification bar

Themes 

Non jailbreaking customization

Mobile hotspot

Tethering

Hell, maybe more dedicated hardware buttons? Should I go on? There is hardware and software for a dual-core processors, you never heard of the LG Optimus 2X? Motorola Atrix? Motorola Bionic, Samsung Orion (Galaxy S2), HTC Scropion? Step your phone knowledge up. Half these phones will be available before summer, just in time to show off your year old iPhone 4 that it's still inferior and guess what, these phones will be running Android 3.0 Honeycomb. These dual core proccesor are built on Android platform already, it's optimize for it, especially Honeycomb. No, I never insinuated for them to open up there iOS to third party companies, that's just dumb, and if they did, the iPhone could be a better product, IE: jailbreaking. If this 'updating at a cycle' has worked well for the cosumer, why so many complaints? Why so much fire over the years? A happy consumer isn't gonna complaint right, even if it's an Apple product. Why couldn't consumers purchase a Driod 2 if they owned a Droid? Contract? That has nothing to do with this argument though, and if you have a Droid and you really wanted a Droid 2, you can and people have got it. It's the fact Motorola didnt just sit and wait in it's cycle while others passed on, they made a another Droid when consumer asked for it. That's right, consumes wanted another Droid 2. Same way consumers want another bigger, spec'd out iPhone and Apple says, "no, keep this, your not ready for another iPhone, you don't need those options. We know what we want to give you, and you'll take it because we say so". Son give it up, Ive been down the iPhone road, ive park on fanboy ave, I ate, sleep and breath iPhone for 2 years, thank god I woke up. I saw what Apple was doing and as a consumer I wanted to choose, I dont want Apple to choose for me. So I left. Aint nothing you can argue that I havent argue before against Android dudes that will make any sense now.
I left my iPhone for an Evo 4G, best move ever. I enjoy my Evo 4G. Watching NBA, NFL over 4G x 4.3' screen in perfect clarity with the Live TV app > anything I have ever done on my jailbroken iPhone AND to top it all off, my Evo isn't even rooted (the equivilant of a jailbroken iPhone). I can do anything a jailbroken iPhone can do, stock out the box. 

2. What? Son, you falling off topic, this isn't about iOS games verse Android OS games, this was about graphics regarding PSP. You suck at debating, you can't even stay on topic. Ill leave it at that.

3. Kinect on it's own is not crushing the Move, Kinect in a bundle is crushing the Move, and that's because there are two Kinect bundles ($300 and $400 model) compare to one Move bundle ($400). At the end of November Microsoft announced it has shipped 2.5 million Kinect platform (non bundle) worldwide while Sony announced 4.1 millon Moves (non bundle) have been shipped worldwide. Consumer will pay for a cheaper experience, not necessarily a better one. 

1. Removable battery is not needed and is quite obsolete idea. Battery failure is rare if even existant in the iphone. The only benefits is having an extended battery life but there are already battery cases that provide this benefit.

Widgets? Not really needed and quite impossible to even accomplish on the ios unless you are talking about on the lock screen.
4g? HSPA+ wasnt available on AT&T at the time of the release.

Video calls on 3g? You can do this on Skype now and connect with way more users than any Android video calling application.

Bigger Screen? Apple made the decision to not have a bigger screen. I for one think the iPhone is at a pretty good size and isnt as bulky and oversized as some Droid phones but this is all personal preference.

HDMI? Apple has release video output cables for the iPhone. Do you expect a full fledged hdmi ouput port? I dont even think they offer those on macbooks without using an adapter. Again this is not in Apples logic to even put such a port on the device without using an adapter. Though you are right in the issue that the video output supported for iOS does not include HDMI or a digital cable solution but it does indeed output atleast onto Component cables.

Removable storage? For what reason would the iphone need removable storage? Dont you think 16 GB or 32 GB is enough storage for their demographics? The current trend right now in media solutions is cloud storage or web based applications to access media. Look at how many people have skipped syncing songs to their ipods/iphones and just use pandora? Why waste the space with movies when I can just use Netflix to watch movies? Even if you were to store Media on your iPhone I would think there is plenty of space for all of that.

Charger/Notification Indicator? Not quite sure what you mean by charger Indicator so I cant respond to that but I think the iphones notification system works well. I think they should implement a way to look at all your past pushed notifications that is indeed missing.

True Multitasking? I believe this is the burden of developers to actually use the iOS multitasking features. On Apps where the developers actually tried to use apples system it has worked perfectly (Pandora and TomTom for example) once people actually start writing more efficient apps this will not be a concern. True there are a lot of outdated apps that dont have multitasking but any other way would be a severe resource hog (there are 3rd party multitasking solutions like Backgrounder on the Cydia but its not worth it battery wise to do it).

Google App updates? Not quite sure what you mean by that but Google is responsible for updating their apps for iOS if they chose not to what can Apple do?

Notification Bar? There is a notification bar for certain apps that use which is a part of the Multitasking framework. If you have seen the Mywii apps in use it uses the notifcation bar and shows how much data is being used. It again is the burden of the app developers to actual make use of this. Now if you are talking about push notifcation bar than like I mentioned before iPhone still has some way to work with its notification system in regards to pushed notifications from applications.

Themes? iOS does offer limited customization compared to Android phones it is unjailbroken state but if you are really passionate about that kind of thing you probably can jailbreak your phone. I dont see this being a issue with the average iOS user.

Mobile Hotspot? This feature WILL be on the Verizon iphone stock and is featured on cydia already on the Mywi application.
Tethering? Already official supported on iOS.

You do know that their is a NBA League Pass app right? I dont know anything of a live NFL app but I really havent researched it. Sales wise how can you argue against Apple's phone cycle? They are clearly destroying any other phone sales wise so clearly it is working with consumers. How many people do you honestly know that are casual phone users that will pay anything more than the contract price for a phone? Little to none. It is just not in peoples budget to pay 400-500 for a cell phone. They want it for the cheapest price which is only offered with upgrades.

2. This whole debate is all about iOS vs Android at heart. Obviously iOS games arent in DIRECT competition with PSP & DS as of yet but if you have been following the trends they have been coming close and apple DID revolutionize mobile gaming with touch screen and gyroscopic handling in games. Both of these advancements have created a better user experience that the PSP and DS doesnt offer.

3. At the end of November Kinect would have been only released for 26 days! Compared to PS Moves Month and a half at the mark. If you want to actual take REAL sales into it lets look at the facts..
The reported figures on peripheral sales also muddy the picture. Sony reported that it's moved 4.1 million units to stores between its Sept. 17 launch date and Nov. 30, but the company did not supply actual sales figures. As of the same date, Microsoft reported the Kinect had sold 2.5 million units globally only 25 days after its release.
http://voices.washingtonp..._move_vs_kinect_sal.html

Here is an even updated sales figure
The holiday rush was good to Microsoft, as that number more than doubled during December, putting the Kinect at 8 million sold.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375254,00.asp

Son really went in after every reason what makes Android OS better, lol, You sound like me, 2 years ago. I too thought all those meant nothing, and if they truly meant nothing than this wouldn't have occurred,
Via minononline.com

After a yearlong growth spurt, Google’s Android operating system has finally overtaken Apple iOS in overall share of smartphone subscribers, according to the latest research from comScore. In the three-month period ending in November 2010, Android had 26% of the smartphone market, up 6.4 points. 

In terms of share, Apple virtually stood still, increasing its position just 0.8 points and seeing its share rise only to 25%. In August, comScore pegged Android with 19.6% of the market and Apple with 24.2%. Research in Motion (BlackBerry) continues to have the largest share, with 33.5%, but that has plummeted 4.1 points in just three months.
From a publisher's perspective, Android clearly is the growth area. Mobile ad network Millennial Media also found that in November, 54% of the applications to which it served ads were on the Android OS. And in a survey of publishers, 29% identified Android as the new platform they plan to support in 2011, ahead of iPad (20%), Windows Phone 7 (20%), RIM (12%) and iPhone (8%).

Like I said, you sound like me, 2 years ago. Apple has you by the balls, when they say cough, you cough. I've argue good statements with Apple users, and they've made great points but you don't even give off relevant or descent ones against Android. You're argument statements against Android that has put them in the lead in overall market share and user base, against the iPhone. Can't argue facts. How smart do you sound?

1. That doesnt make sense. How could you ever be up to date with anyones Hardware if people release phones after your phone? How can you be up to date with any software if you are running a totally different platform? From my personal expereince and third party software will come out on the iPhone before Android. Show me ANY example of a major developer developing for the Android before the iPhone platform. You wont. iOS is the primary mobile developing platform even though it has the a smaller market share than android ios users support its app store way better than the Android Market.

2. Again have you seen the games here are gameplay screenshots. These screen shots are better than any DS game I remember and on par with what I remember from the PSP.
rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

3. How do you explain the attachment rate for the wii then? If it was the inferior product than why would people be buying the games in boatloads? The games suited peoples needs better than what the PS3 and XBOX had at the time for familys. The Wii was looked as a family consoles and the other 2 were looked up as Hardcore consoles. Why do you think MS is trying to change its image to a more family oriented console now? The family gamer demographic is HUGE and has basically been untouched until the Wii came out.
1. Hardware, it's easy, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. do it all the time. Far as software, that's Apple fault if they want to continue to backpedal on outdated tech for years. I have an iPhone, I know what the feeling is when seeing what AndroidOS can do and has done in the span of a year. It's constantly evolving and the hardware manufactures are right up there with them. Apple controls what they give you, what they want you to see. Apple want to evolve the iPhone at a certain pace because they dont want to hurt there base, they think there base isn't ready for next gen tech but actually Apple in some cases is calling there consumers stupid. That's where Google x [insert phone hardware company here] comes in, they let YOU the consumer decided, not some rich dude in Nor Cal. Let's not forget, it launched without MMS because Apple idea told you emailing photos is the future of mobile devices, 
laugh.gif

2. Yes, I've seen RageHD before, it looks great for a phone. I have Metal Gear Solid for the iPhone, it's fun, looks good to. Doesn't take much though because the backgrounds are pre-render into a 2D bump map, you don't need much tech to do that. Squaresoft has been doing this for years with Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 10 etc. Also it's not like Solid Snake heavy render in 3D either or there tons of particle animations going on. While it's a good looking game, its not technically doing anything spectacular that a PSP or DS can't handle.

3. In the beginning it was all about price, why do you think the PS360 sold much better after those price drops? Wii does have a demographic, but it's not the sole purpose of why it sold so well. Also Wii games are cheaper than PS360 games. Now that the PS360 are at reasonable price point, they are now focusing on going after the demographic with Move/Kinect.
1. What exact technology is the average iphone consumer missing out on that Android has to offer? Apple's logic that you have mentioned is something that they apply to all their devices. Apple isnt quick to make updates that just their nature consumers should know that before purchasing their device. Android phone's hardware has been easily surpassing the application development and even the development of their OS. Realistcaly whats the point of having a phone with a dual core processor if there is no software to use for it? What you are kind of insinuating is for Apple to open up its iOS to different hardware manufacturers which it WONT do. This is a clear and obvious stance from Apple and it has been this way for a LONG time. Everyone should know now that they will refresh their products on an annual cycle which has worked VERY well with consumers. It has been mentioned in this thread that the OG Droid and its successor where released in less than a year from each other. That means that the original adopters were unable to even purchase the latest edition of that phone series. Dont you find that a bit unfair? It is really hard to compare hardware specs on different platforms. If you look at Mac vs PC debate, a lot of people want to make the claim that PC is better strictly off hardware reasons which is a dumb stance on the argument. iOS and OSX are made to be ran on SPECIFIC hardware. The software developers on both platforms are utilizing and taking advantages of that specific hardware. There is a big difference when you are writing a program for one specific hardware configuration and writing a program that needs to run well on multiple configurations. Even if you look at the bare grit of in programming language the most accessible language (Java) is the slowest of all languages.

2. Metal Gear Solid for the iOS isnt really a fair example of gaming on the platform since it is quite dated but it still shows an example of how far we have progressed in such a short time on phone games. Rage HD from Metal Gear Solid is a pretty big leap and most will say the same for Infinity Blade (which has been getting WONDERFUL reviews by all major gaming publications). What has the Android OS dont to even compete with the games on the iOS? Little to nothing is offered from the Android user in terms of actual games. You may get some cheap simple angry bird game but interms of games that can compete with other handhelds you guys have been currently left to dry.

3. Not to spend time on this argument but I do agree that price played a role in the success in the wii but that is overshadowing the fact that the Family market (which the wii targets heavily) makes up a large piece of the gaming industry. Look at the success of Kinect vs Move. Kinect is a way more family friendly and easier for users to use than the PS3 move. Kinect is I believe twice as much as the standard move bundle and it is CRUSHING the Move. Consumers will pay more for a better experience. The Wii offered at the time the best family experience that a console could offer at the moment.
1. Let's see, 
Removable battery

Widgets

4G

Videocalls without wifi

Bigger screen

HDMI port

Removable storage

True multitasking, 

Google App updates 

Notification bar

Themes 

Mobile hotspot

Tethering

Hell, maybe more dedicated hardware buttons? Should I go on? There is hardware and software for a dual-core processors, you never heard of the LG Optimus 2X? Motorola Atrix? Motorola Bionic, Samsung Orion (Galaxy S2), HTC Scropion? Step your phone knowledge up. Half these phones will be available before summer, just in time to show off your year old iPhone 4 that it's still inferior and guess what, these phones will be running Android 3.0 Honeycomb. These dual core proccesor are built on Android platform already, it's optimize for it, especially Honeycomb. No, I never insinuated for them to open up there iOS to third party companies, that's just dumb, and if they did, the iPhone could be a better product, IE: jailbreaking. If this 'updating at a cycle' has worked well for the cosumer, why so many complaints? Why so much fire over the years? A happy consumer isn't gonna complaint right, even if it's an Apple product. Why couldn't consumers purchase a Driod 2 if they owned a Droid? Contract? That has nothing to do with this argument though, and if you have a Droid and you really wanted a Droid 2, you can and people have got it. It's the fact Motorola didnt just sit and wait in it's cycle while others passed on, they made a another Droid when consumer asked for it. That's right, consumes wanted another Droid 2. Same way consumers want another bigger, spec'd out iPhone and Apple says, "no, keep this, your not ready for another iPhone, you don't need those options. We know what we want to give you, and you'll take it because we say so". Son give it up, Ive been down the iPhone road, ive park on fanboy ave, I ate, sleep and breath iPhone for 2 years, thank god I woke up. I saw what Apple was doing and as a consumer I wanted to choose, I dont want Apple to choose for me. So I left. Aint nothing you can argue that I havent argue before against Android dudes that will make any sense now.
I left my iPhone for an Evo 4G, best move ever. I enjoy my Evo 4G. Watching NBA, NFL over 4G x 4.3' screen in perfect clarity with the Live TV app > anything I have ever done on my jailbroken iPhone AND to top it all off, my Evo isn't even rooted (the equivilant of a jailbroken iPhone). I can do anything a jailbroken iPhone can do, stock out the box. 

2. What? Son, you falling off topic, this isn't about iOS games verse Android OS games, this was about graphics regarding PSP. You suck at debating, you can't even stay on topic. Ill leave it at that.

3. Kinect on it's own is not crushing the Move, Kinect in a bundle is crushing the Move, and that's because there are two Kinect bundles ($300 and $400 model) compare to one Move bundle ($400). At the end of November Microsoft announced it has shipped 2.5 million Kinect platform (non bundle) worldwide while Sony announced 4.1 millon Moves (non bundle) have been shipped worldwide. Consumer will pay for a cheaper experience, not necessarily a better one. 

1. Removable battery is not needed and is quite obsolete idea. Battery failure is rare if even existant in the iphone. The only benefits is having an extended battery life but there are already battery cases that provide this benefit.

Widgets? Not really needed and quite impossible to even accomplish on the ios unless you are talking about on the lock screen.

Video calls on 3g? You can do this on Skype now and connect with way more users than any Android video calling application.

Bigger Screen? Apple made the decision to not have a bigger screen. I for one think the iPhone is at a pretty good size and isnt as bulky and oversized as some Droid phones but this is all personal preference.

HDMI? Apple has release video output cables for the iPhone. Do you expect a full fledged hdmi ouput port? I dont even think they offer those on macbooks without using an adapter. Again this is not in Apples logic to even put such a port on the device without using an adapter. Though you are right in the issue that the video output supported for iOS does not include HDMI or a digital cable solution but it does indeed output atleast onto Component cables.

Removable storage? For what reason would the iphone need removable storage? Dont you think 16 GB or 32 GB is enough storage for their demographics? The current trend right now in media solutions is cloud storage or web based applications to access media. Look at how many people have skipped syncing songs to their ipods/iphones and just use pandora? Why waste the space with movies when I can just use Netflix to watch movies? Even if you were to store Media on your iPhone I would think there is plenty of space for all of that.

Charger/Notification Indicator? Not quite sure what you mean by charger Indicator so I cant respond to that but I think the iphones notification system works well. I think they should implement a way to look at all your past pushed notifications that is indeed missing.

True Multitasking? I believe this is the burden of developers to actually use the iOS multitasking features. On Apps where the developers actually tried to use apples system it has worked perfectly (Pandora and TomTom for example) once people actually start writing more efficient apps this will not be a concern. True there are a lot of outdated apps that dont have multitasking but any other way would be a severe resource hog (there are 3rd party multitasking solutions like Backgrounder on the Cydia but its not worth it battery wise to do it).

Google App updates? Not quite sure what you mean by that but Google is responsible for updating their apps for iOS if they chose not to what can Apple do?

Notification Bar? There is a notification bar for certain apps that use which is a part of the Multitasking framework. If you have seen the Mywii apps in use it uses the notifcation bar and shows how much data is being used. It again is the burden of the app developers to actual make use of this. Now if you are talking about push notifcation bar than like I mentioned before iPhone still has some way to work with its notification system in regards to pushed notifications from applications.

Themes? iOS does offer limited customization compared to Android phones it is unjailbroken state but if you are really passionate about that kind of thing you probably can jailbreak your phone. I dont see this being a issue with the average iOS user.

Mobile Hotspot? This feature WILL be on the Verizon iphone stock and is featured on cydia already on the Mywi application.

You do know that their is a NBA League Pass app right? I dont know anything of a live NFL app but I really havent researched it. Sales wise how can you argue against Apple's phone cycle? They are clearly destroying any other phone sales wise so clearly it is working with consumers. How many people do you honestly know that are casual phone users that will pay anything more than the contract price for a phone? Little to none. It is just not in peoples budget to pay 400-500 for a cell phone. They want it for the cheapest price which is only offered with upgrades.

2. This whole debate is all about iOS vs Android at heart. Obviously iOS games arent in DIRECT competition with PSP & DS as of yet but if you have been following the trends they have been coming close and apple DID revolutionize mobile gaming with touch screen and gyroscopic handling in games. Both of these advancements have created a better user experience that the PSP and DS doesnt offer.

3. At the end of November Kinect would have been only released for 26 days! Compared to PS Moves Month and a half at the mark. If you want to actual take REAL sales into it lets look at the facts..
The reported figures on peripheral sales also muddy the picture. Sony reported that it's moved 4.1 million units to stores between its Sept. 17 launch date and Nov. 30, but the company did not supply actual sales figures. As of the same date, Microsoft reported the Kinect had sold 2.5 million units globally only 25 days after its release.

The holiday rush was good to Microsoft, as that number more than doubled during December, putting the Kinect at 8 million sold.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Son really went in after every reason what makes Android OS better, lol, You sound like me, 2 years ago. I too thought all those meant nothing, and if they truly meant nothing than this wouldn't have occurred,
Via minononline.com

After a yearlong growth spurt, Google’s Android operating system has finally overtaken Apple iOS in overall share of smartphone subscribers, according to the latest research from comScore. In the three-month period ending in November 2010, Android had 26% of the smartphone market, up 6.4 points. 

In terms of share, Apple virtually stood still, increasing its position just 0.8 points and seeing its share rise only to 25%. In August, comScore pegged Android with 19.6% of the market and Apple with 24.2%. Research in Motion (BlackBerry) continues to have the largest share, with 33.5%, but that has plummeted 4.1 points in just three months.
From a publisher's perspective, Android clearly is the growth area. Mobile ad network Millennial Media also found that in November, 54% of the applications to which it served ads were on the Android OS. And in a survey of publishers, 29% identified Android as the new platform they plan to support in 2011, ahead of iPad (20%), Windows Phone 7 (20%), RIM (12%) and iPhone (8%).

Like I said, you sound like me, 2 years ago. Apple has you by the balls, when they say cough, you cough. I've argue good statements with Apple users, and they've made great points but you don't even give off relevant or descent ones against Android. You're argument statements against Android that has put them in the lead in overall market share and user base, against the iPhone. Can't argue facts. How smart do you sound?

rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

laugh.gif

1. Let's see, 
Removable battery

Widgets

4G

Videocalls without wifi

Bigger screen

HDMI port

Removable storage

True multitasking, 

Google App updates 

Notification bar

Themes 

Mobile hotspot

Tethering

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Via minononline.com

You realize there is an Android phone on the following networks:

Boost Mobile
MetroPCS
Sprint
At&T
Tmobile
Verizon

There are Apple phones currently on the following networks:

AT&T

Now tell me this how do you honestly expect Apple to have a nice market share when they are only on 1 carrier compared to the endless carriers Android has and they only offer 2 phones for sale? What do you think this Verizon deal is going to do with Apples market share?

Lets be honset its unfair to compare the whole iOS to Android sales wise. But if you look at the facts what Android phone has sold more than the iPhone? None. What Android Tablet has sold more than the iPad? None. What android music player has sold more than iPod touch? None. The proof is right there. Apple has the best selling product in ALL Categories. Im also pretty sure that none of those market share "stats" even include the iPod touch which sells like hot cakes.

Im just speaking from facts. Nothing is really opinion based in anything I said. I have exposed you time in and time out on the fallacys of your argument. You stated that the iPhone didnt even have tethering. Like cmon man that is something that was CLEARLY announced and made a big deal about. You dont have your facts straight at all in any of your arguments.

Tell me what App on the Android marketplace can compete with any app on the App store?

Im pretty sure Tom Tom is still leaps and beyonds better than Google Maps
Im pretty sure Netflix is better than well...no netflix
Im pretty sure RageHd is better than well...no fps
Im pretty sure Skype is better than what ever imitation video calling app you are using

Just answer this one question for me. Do you think currently developers are developing for iphone first than android second? Once you have realized from past history and current examples (Skype, Netflix, the list goes on). There has to be a logical reasoning behind this. All your statements against iOS have been either completely wrong or just something someone who  USED to own an iPhone and hasnt even touched an iPhone since would say. Which is probably the best description for you a FORMER iPhone user who clearly hasnt kept up with CURRENT iPhone news.

I clearly debated against the list you gave me and given you the honest truth. You on the other hand can never reply to my statements.

And since when did "Mobile ad network Millennial Media" mean anything? If you have even been paying attention to iOS conferences you would know that Apple has their OWN Ad network system that is being used on the MAJORITY of iOS apps. Dont you think that would make your "facts" very untrue?

What android phone has made people wait in line for several hours? There has been NO android phone that has had the success of the iPhone. And depending on where you get your information from some would say iOS has the biggest market share currently..
smartphone-os-nov2010-2.png

rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

laugh.gif

1. Let's see, 
Removable battery

Widgets

4G

Videocalls without wifi

Bigger screen

HDMI port

Removable storage

True multitasking, 

Google App updates 

Notification bar

Themes 

Mobile hotspot

Tethering

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Via minononline.com

Boost Mobile
MetroPCS
Sprint
At&T
Tmobile
Verizon

AT&T

Now tell me this how do you honestly expect Apple to have a nice market share when they are only on 1 carrier compared to the endless carriers Android has and they only offer 2 phones for sale? What do you think this Verizon deal is going to do with Apples market share?

Lets be honset its unfair to compare the whole iOS to Android sales wise. But if you look at the facts what Android phone has sold more than the iPhone? None. What Android Tablet has sold more than the iPad? None. What android music player has sold more than iPod touch? None. The proof is right there. Apple has the best selling product in ALL Categories. Im also pretty sure that none of those market share "stats" even include the iPod touch which sells like hot cakes.

Im just speaking from facts. Nothing is really opinion based in anything I said. I have exposed you time in and time out on the fallacys of your argument. You stated that the iPhone didnt even have tethering. Like cmon man that is something that was CLEARLY announced and made a big deal about. You dont have your facts straight at all in any of your arguments.

Tell me what App on the Android marketplace can compete with any app on the App store?

Im pretty sure Skype is better than what ever imitation video calling app you are using

Just answer this one question for me. Do you think currently developers are developing for iphone first than android second? Once you have realized from past history and current examples (Skype, Netflix, the list goes on). There has to be a logical reasoning behind this. All your statements against iOS have been either completely wrong or just something someone who  USED to own an iPhone and hasnt even touched an iPhone since would say. Which is probably the best description for you a FORMER iPhone user who clearly hasnt kept up with CURRENT iPhone news.

I clearly debated against the list you gave me and given you the honest truth. You on the other hand can never reply to my statements.

And since when did "Mobile ad network Millennial Media" mean anything? If you have even been paying attention to iOS conferences you would know that Apple has their OWN Ad network system that is being used on the MAJORITY of iOS apps. Dont you think that would make your "facts" very untrue?

What android phone has made people wait in line for several hours? There has been NO android phone that has had the success of the iPhone. And depending on where you get your information from some would say iOS has the biggest market share currently..
smartphone-os-nov2010-2.png

rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

laugh.gif

1. Let's see, 
Removable battery

Widgets

4G

Videocalls without wifi

Bigger screen

HDMI port

Removable storage

True multitasking, 

Google App updates 

Notification bar

Themes 

Mobile hotspot

Tethering

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Via minononline.com

Boost Mobile
MetroPCS
Sprint
At&T
Tmobile
Verizon

AT&T

Lets be honset its unfair to compare the whole iOS to Android sales wise. But if you look at the facts what Android phone has sold more than the iPhone? None. What Android Tablet has sold more than the iPad? None. What android music player has sold more than iPod touch? None. The proof is right there. Apple has the best selling product in ALL Categories.

I see what your doing, when you're caught up with the truth, you bring something completely else to the argument, IE: the fact you want to NOW compare a single Android phone to the iPhone,
laugh.gif
, classic cop-out argument kid.
It's like arguing with myself, lol. Plus you're arguing against facts. You're arguing how those things DON'T matter but it's those things (plus others) that have put Android over the top. Like I said, and somebody else said, you suck at arguing, you're one dimensional. Even after the facts came out a few weeks ago, even those dudes in Cupertino are quiet, so what are YOU defending? Ya boys at Apple ain't even saying anything
laugh.gif
, it's even the sole reason why they're on Verizon now. 
Wait now you want argue better maps, netflix, games and skype? Ooh, son is grasping for straws, we barely in the 5th round and son is throwing up haymakers, he's all over the place. Somebody save him before I go with the KO....

Crawl into that hole called Apple bruh, it pains me to keep reading your responses.

rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

laugh.gif

1. Let's see, 
Removable battery

Widgets

4G

Videocalls without wifi

Bigger screen

HDMI port

Removable storage

True multitasking, 

Google App updates 

Notification bar

Themes 

Mobile hotspot

Tethering

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Via minononline.com

Boost Mobile
MetroPCS
Sprint
At&T
Tmobile
Verizon

AT&T

Lets be honset its unfair to compare the whole iOS to Android sales wise. But if you look at the facts what Android phone has sold more than the iPhone? None. What Android Tablet has sold more than the iPad? None. What android music player has sold more than iPod touch? None. The proof is right there. Apple has the best selling product in ALL Categories.

I see what your doing, when you're caught up with the truth, you bring something completely else to the argument, IE: the fact you want to NOW compare a single Android phone to the iPhone,
laugh.gif
, classic cop-out argument kid.
It's like arguing with myself, lol. Plus you're arguing against facts. You're arguing how those things DON'T matter but it's those things (plus others) that have put Android over the top. Like I said, and somebody else said, you suck at arguing, you're one dimensional. Even after the facts came out a few weeks ago, even those dudes in Cupertino are quiet, so what are YOU defending? Ya boys at Apple ain't even saying anything
laugh.gif
Wait now you want argue better maps, netflix, games and skype? Ooh, son is grasping for straws, we barely in the 5th round and son is throwing up haymakers, he's all over the place. Somebody save him before I go with the KO....

Crawl into that hole called Apple bruh, it pains me to keep reading your responses.

laugh.gif
, classic cop-out argument kid.It's like arguing with myself, lol. Plus you're arguing against facts. You're arguing how those things DON'T matter but it's those things (plus others) that have put Android over the top. Like I said, and somebody else said, you suck at arguing, you're one dimensional. Even after the facts came out a few weeks ago, even those dudes in Cupertino are quiet, so what are YOU defending? Ya boys at Apple ain't even saying anything
laugh.gif

What the hell are you even talking about now?

I have never said the iphone outsold every single Android phone
indifferent.gif
. I just stated it is unfair to compare the market share of the iOS to android currently because there are only 1 option when it comes to iOs devices. You should wait until Verizon's iPhone is released to compare market share. Obviously you lack logic to understand such an idea.

We have been debating about what is better iOS vs Android. You have failed to come up with a reason why a user should chose Android over the well support iOS platform. Sales wise ALL iOS devices have outsold their competitors. Is that not a fact? Can you name one Android devices to outsell the Iphone, Ipod touch or Ipad?

Can you name one Android application that is better than the ones I listed?

Just answer the questions instead of trying to be slick with comments. Obviously the Android platform is not doing as well as the iOS platform when they dont have an app that is better than its iOS equivalent and their devices dont sell as well. Can you just admit that?

laugh.gif
, classic cop-out argument kid.It's like arguing with myself, lol. Plus you're arguing against facts. You're arguing how those things DON'T matter but it's those things (plus others) that have put Android over the top. Like I said, and somebody else said, you suck at arguing, you're one dimensional. Even after the facts came out a few weeks ago, even those dudes in Cupertino are quiet, so what are YOU defending? Ya boys at Apple ain't even saying anything
laugh.gif

What the hell are you even talking about now?

I have never said the iphone outsold every single Android phone
indifferent.gif
. I just stated it is unfair to compare the market share of the iOS to android currently because there are only 1 option when it comes to iOs devices. You should wait until Verizon's iPhone is released to compare market share. Obviously you lack logic to understand such an idea.

We have been debating about what is better iOS vs Android. You have failed to come up with a reason why a user should chose Android over the well support iOS platform. Sales wise ALL iOS devices have outsold their competitors. Is that not a fact? Can you name one Android devices to outsell the Iphone, Ipod touch or Ipad?

Can you name one Android application that is better than the ones I listed?

Just answer the questions instead of trying to be slick with comments. Obviously the Android platform is not doing as well as the iOS platform when they dont have an app that is better than its iOS equivalent and their devices dont sell as well. Can you just admit that?

I come in here to see any new news on the iphone, and keep having to read through this nintendo, microsoft, portable game stuff.

I come in here to see any new news on the iphone, and keep having to read through this nintendo, microsoft, portable game stuff.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

$220 for unlimited everything? I'll pass

I dont think that is a fair estimate on how much the service on Verizon will be. I HIGHLY doubt Verizon could get people to pay any more than $50 dollars for internet + hotspot functionality. A fair price would be $40 a month for data by going off their current data plan structure. This would bring unlimited everything on their service to around $130 before taxes.

Something interesting I found while researching that data is that Verizon doesnt offer an unlimited texting plan. They offer a 5000 text + unlimited verizon to verizon texting.
yeah I'm definitely passing if there's no unlimited texting and $130 is still too much to me
laugh.gif

hopefully they change their plans

I have a EVO + unlimited everything for $99 and that's after tax

can't see myself spending more than $105 on a phone bill

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

$220 for unlimited everything? I'll pass

I dont think that is a fair estimate on how much the service on Verizon will be. I HIGHLY doubt Verizon could get people to pay any more than $50 dollars for internet + hotspot functionality. A fair price would be $40 a month for data by going off their current data plan structure. This would bring unlimited everything on their service to around $130 before taxes.

Something interesting I found while researching that data is that Verizon doesnt offer an unlimited texting plan. They offer a 5000 text + unlimited verizon to verizon texting.
yeah I'm definitely passing if there's no unlimited texting and $130 is still too much to me
laugh.gif

hopefully they change their plans

I have a EVO + unlimited everything for $99 and that's after tax

can't see myself spending more than $105 on a phone bill

You think if they declined the iPhone 4 they wouldnt of had the option of waiting out for the iphone 5? I know for sure Verizon will get the iphone 5 eventually but I think releasing the iphone 4 now on their network is going to push back the date they COULD of had the iphone 5. Just my opinion. I doubt they really care about what the consumers would have wanted so more than likely they are just cashing in 2 phones out of verizon customers (because honestly who is going to buy the 4 and not want to buy the 5 if given the option).

They prolly wouldnt have the option of the 5, if they slept at&t would not, sign another contract, money in the bank all day.

Why not take a deal to get the iphone 4 and also get the 5 in the future? 2 for 1, money talks.

Current iphone 4/at&t customers should not jump ship to Verizon just yet, in fact if I were due for an upgrade and was set on the iphone 4 id renew it with at&t.

At&t> Everyone. GSM is great.

You think if they declined the iPhone 4 they wouldnt of had the option of waiting out for the iphone 5? I know for sure Verizon will get the iphone 5 eventually but I think releasing the iphone 4 now on their network is going to push back the date they COULD of had the iphone 5. Just my opinion. I doubt they really care about what the consumers would have wanted so more than likely they are just cashing in 2 phones out of verizon customers (because honestly who is going to buy the 4 and not want to buy the 5 if given the option).

They prolly wouldnt have the option of the 5, if they slept at&t would not, sign another contract, money in the bank all day.

Why not take a deal to get the iphone 4 and also get the 5 in the future? 2 for 1, money talks.

Current iphone 4/at&t customers should not jump ship to Verizon just yet, in fact if I were due for an upgrade and was set on the iphone 4 id renew it with at&t.

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

quoting pictures is dumb... 
delete the picture. 

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

quoting pictures is dumb... 
delete the picture. 

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Yo, didn't you say the iPhone was gonna go to T-Mobile? What happened with that?

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Yo, didn't you say the iPhone was gonna go to T-Mobile? What happened with that?

so my question is...

will Jailbroken iPhone 4's on Verizon be unlocked to Sprints network ? couldn't that be the case because Verizon uses CDMA ?

sorry about the font 
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom