Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But yo....seriously...all these damn advances in technology and we still have to charge our phones every day [/color]
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

1. Removable battery is not needed and is quite obsolete idea. Battery failure is rare if even existant in the iphone.

21e15de8345a20a84ab020880ea1c2f906bada0.gif
Im not sure whats so odd about my statement. Think about what new consumer electronics still use removable batteries? I could definitely see people going away from removable batteries in the future. Anyways if your battery did fail you could just bring it to the Apple store and have it replaced. If you are out of warranty its only $79. Thats the pricing of some extended batteries out there.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

1. Removable battery is not needed and is quite obsolete idea. Battery failure is rare if even existant in the iphone.

21e15de8345a20a84ab020880ea1c2f906bada0.gif
Im not sure whats so odd about my statement. Think about what new consumer electronics still use removable batteries? I could definitely see people going away from removable batteries in the future. Anyways if your battery did fail you could just bring it to the Apple store and have it replaced. If you are out of warranty its only $79. Thats the pricing of some extended batteries out there.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

If we're talking strictly phones then no single smartphone, android or otherwise, is seeing the iPhone sales wise.

Now if you're talking Android OS devices versus IOS devices things would actually be somewhat interesting.

I still think iOs has the edge overall wise also but there are no real figures to put that claim as fact.

If you factor in iPod touch sales into the equation i dont see how iOS isnt winning. iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone basically print money. Only consumer electronic ive seen to do something similar is the DS.

If we're talking strictly phones then no single smartphone, android or otherwise, is seeing the iPhone sales wise.

Now if you're talking Android OS devices versus IOS devices things would actually be somewhat interesting.

I still think iOs has the edge overall wise also but there are no real figures to put that claim as fact.

If you factor in iPod touch sales into the equation i dont see how iOS isnt winning. iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone basically print money. Only consumer electronic ive seen to do something similar is the DS.

Thing is, the debate isn't so much about the OS as it is phones that utilize the OS. Apple likes to lay claim that iPod Touch and iPad use iOS and should be factored into the equation. However, people aren't interested in those numbers. They're concerned about ACTUAL PHONES that run the particular OS. It just so happens Apple only allows iOS on one phone. I'm an iPhone user, by the way. I just dislike how Apple fanboys attempt to factor in iPad and iPod Touch sales when no one is concerned about them in these sorts of debates.

Thing is, the debate isn't so much about the OS as it is phones that utilize the OS. Apple likes to lay claim that iPod Touch and iPad use iOS and should be factored into the equation. However, people aren't interested in those numbers. They're concerned about ACTUAL PHONES that run the particular OS. It just so happens Apple only allows iOS on one phone. I'm an iPhone user, by the way. I just dislike how Apple fanboys attempt to factor in iPad and iPod Touch sales when no one is concerned about them in these sorts of debates.

Originally Posted by Hizzle

We wont know up to date sales figures for the iPhone then until next week when they announce their quarterly sales but the latest sales information I could find on the iPhone is that they sold 3 million 3 weeks which I found here:

http://mashable.com/2010/07/16/3-million-iphone-4/

I still think there has been no android product to come close to this either. So unless anyone has any information of an Android device coming close to iPhone sales please post it.

If you are not a numbers guy I understand but if one phone can outsell the majority of a platform clearly it is doing something right. If anyone find some consumer satisfaction information on the iphone vs android devices feel free to post it.

Originally Posted by Hizzle

We wont know up to date sales figures for the iPhone then until next week when they announce their quarterly sales but the latest sales information I could find on the iPhone is that they sold 3 million 3 weeks which I found here:

http://mashable.com/2010/07/16/3-million-iphone-4/

I still think there has been no android product to come close to this either. So unless anyone has any information of an Android device coming close to iPhone sales please post it.

If you are not a numbers guy I understand but if one phone can outsell the majority of a platform clearly it is doing something right. If anyone find some consumer satisfaction information on the iphone vs android devices feel free to post it.

What android phone has made people wait in line for several hours? There has been NO android phone that has had the success of the iPhone

Ever heard Of The Evo?

10x0604mb234sprintny.jpg

Believe me when that phone came out people lined up, even where i'm from

What android phone has made people wait in line for several hours? There has been NO android phone that has had the success of the iPhone

Ever heard Of The Evo?

10x0604mb234sprintny.jpg

Originally Posted by mossman75

Ever heard Of The Evo?

10x0604mb234sprintny.jpg

Ok now let me show you the iphone 4 line....

iphone-4-line-london-550x365.jpg

I personally was in line for over 8 hours and I PREORDERED my phone.

Accordingto Reuters, first weekend sales of the EVO are estimatedto be at approximately 150,000 units -- down from the originalprojections of 250,000 to 300,000.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts iPhone 4 sold 1.7 million phones in 2 days. That is over 10x the amount of phones.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Ever heard Of The Evo?

10x0604mb234sprintny.jpg

Ok now let me show you the iphone 4 line....

iphone-4-line-london-550x365.jpg

I personally was in line for over 8 hours and I PREORDERED my phone.

Accordingto Reuters, first weekend sales of the EVO are estimatedto be at approximately 150,000 units -- down from the originalprojections of 250,000 to 300,000.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts iPhone 4 sold 1.7 million phones in 2 days. That is over 10x the amount of phones.

laugh.gif
The reason the Evo sold out and had such long lines was because they were understocked. sprint !%*+%$ themselves over not thinking ahead.

Customers went crazy because they FINALLY got a decent phone.

Don't let the lines and how fast the evo sold out fool you. Stores barely had any in stock, it was all hype. Sprint was on some JB quickstrike release !@%@. The Evo was the Air Yeezy of phones last year, and the iPhone4 was comparable to the space jams. (For the sake of comparisons at least)

The iPhone 4's release was 3x as crazy as the evo's. If you walked into an apple store, it was BANANAS.

All of those people in that picture of the apple store are EMPLOYEE'S. Thats how many people they needed on hand to sell these phones. Which is why the numbers make sense.

But don't get me wrong, the Evo's release was one of the craziest releases for a phone ever aswell. They both were quite possibly the hardest phones to get ever imo. (Aside from the iPhone 3GS)

I just don't see why there's an argument going on because at the end of the day, customers will buy what they want. And if they want iPhones, then guess what? Thats what they will get. So I don't see the point in defending these two companies. +%#$ it, just use what you like. And roll with that.

laugh.gif
The reason the Evo sold out and had such long lines was because they were understocked. sprint !%*+%$ themselves over not thinking ahead.

Customers went crazy because they FINALLY got a decent phone.

Don't let the lines and how fast the evo sold out fool you. Stores barely had any in stock, it was all hype. Sprint was on some JB quickstrike release !@%@. The Evo was the Air Yeezy of phones last year, and the iPhone4 was comparable to the space jams. (For the sake of comparisons at least)

The iPhone 4's release was 3x as crazy as the evo's. If you walked into an apple store, it was BANANAS.

All of those people in that picture of the apple store are EMPLOYEE'S. Thats how many people they needed on hand to sell these phones. Which is why the numbers make sense.

But don't get me wrong, the Evo's release was one of the craziest releases for a phone ever aswell. They both were quite possibly the hardest phones to get ever imo. (Aside from the iPhone 3GS)

I just don't see why there's an argument going on because at the end of the day, customers will buy what they want. And if they want iPhones, then guess what? Thats what they will get. So I don't see the point in defending these two companies. +%#$ it, just use what you like. And roll with that.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Yo, didn't you say the iPhone was gonna go to T-Mobile? What happened with that?
T mobile dropped the ball last minute, when the contracts where about to be signed and all.
t mobile always messing it up for everyone, but having the iphone on t mobile and verizon is kinda lame...

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Yo, didn't you say the iPhone was gonna go to T-Mobile? What happened with that?
T mobile dropped the ball last minute, when the contracts where about to be signed and all.
t mobile always messing it up for everyone, but having the iphone on t mobile and verizon is kinda lame...

That's what this debate was originally about, than that dude insanebolt got butt hurt when I brought facts that showed Android OS is leading the mobile market, EVEN after the iPhone 4 released AND has a bigger user base than he wanna argue sales of JUST the iPhone 4
roll.gif

That's what this debate was originally about, than that dude insanebolt got butt hurt when I brought facts that showed Android OS is leading the mobile market, EVEN after the iPhone 4 released AND has a bigger user base than he wanna argue sales of JUST the iPhone 4
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom