Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

You must have missed my edit:
Main reason the DS sold so much better is cuz well, it's Nintendo...
Same reason the Wii sold better than the PS3. The Wii sold better yeah, but the PS3 is still a better device.

Same reason the Wii sold better than the PS3. The Wii sold better yeah, but the PS3 is still a better device.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Seems like the common trend for you is to make excuses for products you like and why they don't sell well. You think people can't rationalize a good product from a bad product. The fact is the wii offers a way better family experience for most people something the PS3 couldn't offer that's why it sold better. The reason why the DS sold better than the PSP was because Nintendo has a stronger game catalog that is geared towards portable gaming. There are clear advtanges for those products thats why they sold better than the alternative.

Seems like the common trend for you is to make excuses for products you like and why they don't sell well. You think people can't rationalize a good product from a bad product. The fact is the wii offers a way better family experience for most people something the PS3 couldn't offer that's why it sold better. The reason why the DS sold better than the PSP was because Nintendo has a stronger game catalog that is geared towards portable gaming. There are clear advtanges for those products thats why they sold better than the alternative.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

the ps3 is still the better gaming console though

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Not for the demographic of the people who actual buy the consoles obviously. A big chunk of sales come from the soccer mom market who buys stuff for the kids and family. The wii offered more games for this important demographic who doesn't care about bluray and online gaming. And the Xbox is the better system. Cheaper, kinect is amazing, xbl > psn, plus ixtreme modified firmware is better than any ps3 solution so far.

Not for the demographic of the people who actual buy the consoles obviously. A big chunk of sales come from the soccer mom market who buys stuff for the kids and family. The wii offered more games for this important demographic who doesn't care about bluray and online gaming. And the Xbox is the better system. Cheaper, kinect is amazing, xbl > psn, plus ixtreme modified firmware is better than any ps3 solution so far.

whats gonna be the data plan pricing? i might go to verizon if its a good price. i dont wanna get raped like i would if i went to ATT

whats gonna be the data plan pricing? i might go to verizon if its a good price. i dont wanna get raped like i would if i went to ATT

You don't think the PSP or PS3 sold well? They may not have sold better than the DS or Wii, but they did sell well.
Again, you missed the part where I said the PS3 is a better device. That goes for the HD, ability to store music and movies, Blu-Ray, processor, RAM, etc. That's hardware. That's stuff already implemented into the PS3. That's what I'm talking about. That's what makes it a better device than the Wii. The games you talked about, that's software. Those aren't implemented into the systems. Those are on the game developers. It's on them whether or not the games they developed for the PS3 are good or not, not Sony.

Again, I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about the device themselves based on specs and whatnot.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

They haven't formally said but currently on verizon its 30 for unlimited but they are bundling a hot spot with the verizon iPhone so it may be more.

You don't think the PSP or PS3 sold well? They may not have sold better than the DS or Wii, but they did sell well.
Again, you missed the part where I said the PS3 is a better device. That goes for the HD, ability to store music and movies, Blu-Ray, processor, RAM, etc. That's hardware. That's stuff already implemented into the PS3. That's what I'm talking about. That's what makes it a better device than the Wii. The games you talked about, that's software. Those aren't implemented into the systems. Those are on the game developers. It's on them whether or not the games they developed for the PS3 are good or not, not Sony.

Again, I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about the device themselves based on specs and whatnot.

They haven't formally said but currently on verizon its 30 for unlimited but they are bundling a hot spot with the verizon iPhone so it may be more.

In the video game industry there are such thing as first party publishers/developers which Nintendo has invested heavily into. And at the end of the day you are buying it to play games. That's how dictate what's better by whatever does it's job better. Anyone can make a high tech gizmo but the craft is actually making it useful. It's a video game machine not a number cruncher.

In the video game industry there are such thing as first party publishers/developers which Nintendo has invested heavily into. And at the end of the day you are buying it to play games. That's how dictate what's better by whatever does it's job better. Anyone can make a high tech gizmo but the craft is actually making it useful. It's a video game machine not a number cruncher.

Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have their pros and cons. I think the one that stands out the most for the PS3 is its built-in Wifi and 99.8% effective rating.

Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have their pros and cons. I think the one that stands out the most for the PS3 is its built-in Wifi and 99.8% effective rating.

If you work for a corporate company you'll qualify for corporate discount, which is what I have. Sometimes they make you fax proof, but other times they dont, it all depends. Or if your parents work for a corporate company 99% of the time they will qualify for that discount.

If you work for a corporate company you'll qualify for corporate discount, which is what I have. Sometimes they make you fax proof, but other times they dont, it all depends. Or if your parents work for a corporate company 99% of the time they will qualify for that discount.

You have to remember though Xbox came out almost a year before ps3 and wifi wasn't the biggest thing needed in a console. The new Xboxs come with wifi now. To me the difference between Ps3 is really the price but have strong game librarys. The kinect though is something we should look into though dividing them because every household that I've been that have used them it's been a hit. It's gotten moms to want to play games. The ps3 move isn't capable of doing that.

You have to remember though Xbox came out almost a year before ps3 and wifi wasn't the biggest thing needed in a console. The new Xboxs come with wifi now. To me the difference between Ps3 is really the price but have strong game librarys. The kinect though is something we should look into though dividing them because every household that I've been that have used them it's been a hit. It's gotten moms to want to play games. The ps3 move isn't capable of doing that.

False, on all accounts. The N64 was nintendo's and that wasn't even able to compete with the ps2/ps1

People bought the wii because it's family friendly and appealed to the casual gamer. That's why sales sored. Nintendo hit the casual market that was left unattended to by microsoft and sony, and it paid off big time. No frills, mediocre graphics, but it was cheaper and focused on the casual gamer, much like apple's apps.

DS Sells better for the same reasons. Cheaper, touch screen, and appealed to the casual gamer as well. Same formula, different format.

False, on all accounts. The N64 was nintendo's and that wasn't even able to compete with the ps2/ps1

People bought the wii because it's family friendly and appealed to the casual gamer. That's why sales sored. Nintendo hit the casual market that was left unattended to by microsoft and sony, and it paid off big time. No frills, mediocre graphics, but it was cheaper and focused on the casual gamer, much like apple's apps.

DS Sells better for the same reasons. Cheaper, touch screen, and appealed to the casual gamer as well. Same formula, different format.

img_3839.jpg

Man... I really want this phone... I really think I want this phone... but this is just annoying... Its really annoying...
30t6p3b.gif

No 4G either?...Well I've waited since 07...whats another few months?
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom