Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by CWrite78

but apple has not, and will not out do sony or nintendo when it comes to games. that is their forte, especially nintendo. they are a gaming company.
Of course they won't. They don't have to, or particularly need to. But they're already putting pressure on Core handhelds, and it's not even their primary business model. This is where the trend is headed though, you'd be fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Here you go...

http://www.engadget.com/2...ing-market-ipod-touch-o/
[h4]Apple claims 50 percent of portable gaming market, iPod touch 'outsells Nintendo and Sony combined'[/h4]

By Sean Hollister posted Sep 1st 2010 1:26PM

post_icon_stats.gif

Nintendo famously called Apple the enemy of the future
in the video gaming space, and by golly, it looks like the Japanese
giant was right; Steve Jobs just told an audience that the iPod touch alone outsells Nintendo's DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable
combined, worldwide. How many games iPod touch users actually play and
for how long wasn't discussed, but Jobs said 1.5 billion "games and
entertainment" apps have been downloaded -- again, on the iPod touch
alone, never mind all those iPhones.

but they are comparing .99 cent games with meh graphics to 20 and 30 dollar games.

and most of those .99 cent games are passed within a day to never be touched again.

There's a bigger picture and I'm not sure that you see it.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Are people really comparing games on the iPhone to the ones on Nintendo or PSP?
laugh.gif

You can't compare a cell phone game to a game on a PSP.

The ones on the iPhone are meant to kill time when you're bored. The ones on PSP or DS are meant to play cuz you're actually into the game. So what if they outsell Nintendo or Sony? They're not the same thing.
You're right. But those two markets are on pace to cross paths really soon, especially with the DS getting more multi media features and the iphone getting higher quality games.

They're closer that you realize.

laugh.gif

The ones on the iPhone are meant to kill time when you're bored. The ones on PSP or DS are meant to play cuz you're actually into the game. So what if they outsell Nintendo or Sony? They're not the same thing.
You're right. But those two markets are on pace to cross paths really soon, especially with the DS getting more multi media features and the iphone getting higher quality games.

They're closer that you realize.

laugh.gif

Graphically RageHd and Infinity Blade look as good as any PSP or DS. the iPhone could compete with them I mean specwise it should do nice things. It's not like games don't already have multiplayer on ios. Also withthe success of RageHd and infinity blade it shows people seen concerned about downloading games that are 1 gig big.

laugh.gif

Graphically RageHd and Infinity Blade look as good as any PSP or DS. the iPhone could compete with them I mean specwise it should do nice things. It's not like games don't already have multiplayer on ios. Also withthe success of RageHd and infinity blade it shows people seen concerned about downloading games that are 1 gig big.

With that said, has anyone heard of the PSP 2? That @%%% is gonna be AMAZING.

Neither devices are gonna be able to touch the PSP 2 as far as games or multimedia goes.

Neither devices are gonna be able to touch the PSP 2 as far as games or multimedia goes.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

laugh.gif

Soo, tell me, do you mainly play those games to kill time when you're bored or cuz you're actually really into the game?

laugh.gif

Soo, tell me, do you mainly play those games to kill time when you're bored or cuz you're actually really into the game?

I will admit, even though it takes Apple a while to add "basic" features...once they ARE added...they work FLAWLESSLY. Android has the benefit of already having these features but they go through so many revisions that the average customer won't and doesn't keep up with the developments.

That being said, if I was to consider a VZW iPhone, you'd be a fool to buy before the iPhone 5 or whatever is after the iPhone 4 comes out.

I will admit, even though it takes Apple a while to add "basic" features...once they ARE added...they work FLAWLESSLY. Android has the benefit of already having these features but they go through so many revisions that the average customer won't and doesn't keep up with the developments.

That being said, if I was to consider a VZW iPhone, you'd be a fool to buy before the iPhone 5 or whatever is after the iPhone 4 comes out.

laugh.gif

That shouldn't matter at all. Point is... he bought it, and everyone else that's playing that game bought it too.

laugh.gif

That shouldn't matter at all. Point is... he bought it, and everyone else that's playing that game bought it too.

laugh.gif

Rage HD is a FPS and it is more of a timekiller but the game is really good but multiplayer would make the game amazing. I think there are plans for multiplayer or they may have already. Infinity Blade most reviews say it's a full-fledged RPG. It's depth is more than your typical snake cell phone games. These games are just the beginning remember when Tap Tap was the best iOS game? Now there are FPS, Sports, and RPG games.

laugh.gif

Rage HD is a FPS and it is more of a timekiller but the game is really good but multiplayer would make the game amazing. I think there are plans for multiplayer or they may have already. Infinity Blade most reviews say it's a full-fledged RPG. It's depth is more than your typical snake cell phone games. These games are just the beginning remember when Tap Tap was the best iOS game? Now there are FPS, Sports, and RPG games.

laugh.gif

Yes, it does matter. They're both different types of games with different purposes. That's why you can't compare the two, especially in terms of sales. It's like comparing running shoes to basketball shoes.

laugh.gif

Yes, it does matter. They're both different types of games with different purposes. That's why you can't compare the two, especially in terms of sales. It's like comparing running shoes to basketball shoes.

the Nintendo 3DS will outsell that bulls*** just like the DS/DS Lite RAPED the PSP.

the Nintendo 3DS will outsell that bulls*** just like the DS/DS Lite RAPED the PSP.

laugh.gif

There is a room though in the gaming world for simpler games. Take a look at the success of Xbox live arcade games.

laugh.gif

There is a room though in the gaming world for simpler games. Take a look at the success of Xbox live arcade games.

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Well, I'm talking about the device itself, not based on sales.

Main reason the DS sold so much better is cuz well, it's Nintendo...
laugh.gif

Same reason the Wii sold better than the PS3. The Wii sold better yeah, but the PS3 is still a better device.

Main reason the DS sold so much better is cuz well, it's Nintendo...
laugh.gif

Same reason the Wii sold better than the PS3. The Wii sold better yeah, but the PS3 is still a better device.

Wouldn't you agree people buy what they like? If something sells well that means more people like it than the alternative. Which is the sign of success.

Wouldn't you agree people buy what they like? If something sells well that means more people like it than the alternative. Which is the sign of success.

Back
Top Bottom