Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Originally Posted by CWrite78

revolutionizing mobile gaming?

there are these companies, i don't know if you've heard of them, sony and nintendo.. that have done more for mobile gaming than apple has. so no, apple did not revolutionize mobile gaming. they jumped on the bandwagon.
laugh.gif
CWrite78 WINS - FLAWLESS VICTORY
He's wrong though, Apple did revolutionize mobile gaming, at least for the adult crowd and the casual gamer. They made a product that hit a particular market segment that was virtually UNTOUCHED by Nintendo and Sony. Casual gamers, and adults won't spring for the 150 system plus 30 for games, but they will shell out 3-5 bucks for a casual game that they can play with on their phone, that they already have. In that respect, Apple did it first, and they did it right.

Originally Posted by archnoobie

there are these companies, i don't know if you've heard of them, sony and nintendo.. that have done more for mobile gaming than apple has. so no, apple did not revolutionize mobile gaming. they jumped on the bandwagon.
laugh.gif
CWrite78 WINS - FLAWLESS VICTORY
He's wrong though, Apple did revolutionize mobile gaming, at least for the adult crowd and the casual gamer. They made a product that hit a particular market segment that was virtually UNTOUCHED by Nintendo and Sony. Casual gamers, and adults won't spring for the 150 system plus 30 for games, but they will shell out 3-5 bucks for a casual game that they can play with on their phone, that they already have. In that respect, Apple did it first, and they did it right.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

and as their handhelds lose steam year after year due to mobile phones that is called revolutionary 
Nintendo is king of hand held games. I cannot play the latest Pokemon, Zelda or Mario game on it. Smart phones will never replace a Nintendo DS.

and as their handhelds lose steam year after year due to mobile phones that is called revolutionary 
Nintendo is king of hand held games. I cannot play the latest Pokemon, Zelda or Mario game on it. Smart phones will never replace a Nintendo DS.

laugh.gif
, what?

that's not how revolutionary works.

apple caters to the simple. their app store games have been a success because they are time wasters. not real games, and their "real games" look nice, but lack buttons and joysticks. the core of a true game. have they "revolutionized" simple games? eh, maybe.

more people own phones than portable gaming devices, so it's going to be a given that app store games will become more popular than say w/e sony or nintendo offers.

but apple has not, and will not out do sony or nintendo when it comes to games. that is their forte, especially nintendo. they are a gaming company.

again, not mobile gaming. casual gaming.

and honestly, apple didn't do anything, it was the developers.

laugh.gif
, what?

apple caters to the simple. their app store games have been a success because they are time wasters. not real games, and their "real games" look nice, but lack buttons and joysticks. the core of a true game. have they "revolutionized" simple games? eh, maybe.

more people own phones than portable gaming devices, so it's going to be a given that app store games will become more popular than say w/e sony or nintendo offers.

but apple has not, and will not out do sony or nintendo when it comes to games. that is their forte, especially nintendo. they are a gaming company.

i never said they are equal. i said touch controls for serious games are a joke.

i don't care how nice they look, we aren't arguing about that. im talking about you mentioning touch interface. you cannot compare buttons/joystick to touch controls on serious games, especially after playing for awhile.

hell, look at pacman, no way in hell does a stupid touch screen compared to having a joystick.

Well for Rage HD i use the touch screen for aiming and it's better than anything not a joystick but mobile gaming wise the ds doesn't have a joystick and the psp analog stick is garbage. For Madden they gave you the option of creating your own routes. Mobile gaming wise i think touch screen is a very good innovation for certain games. Also what about gyroscopic handling and using the accelerometers for handling. In racing games this is a big innovation and games like tap tap make the user experience funner. Shaking your phone beats just pressing buttons.

i never said they are equal. i said touch controls for serious games are a joke.

i don't care how nice they look, we aren't arguing about that. im talking about you mentioning touch interface. you cannot compare buttons/joystick to touch controls on serious games, especially after playing for awhile.

hell, look at pacman, no way in hell does a stupid touch screen compared to having a joystick.

Well for Rage HD i use the touch screen for aiming and it's better than anything not a joystick but mobile gaming wise the ds doesn't have a joystick and the psp analog stick is garbage. For Madden they gave you the option of creating your own routes. Mobile gaming wise i think touch screen is a very good innovation for certain games. Also what about gyroscopic handling and using the accelerometers for handling. In racing games this is a big innovation and games like tap tap make the user experience funner. Shaking your phone beats just pressing buttons.

Of course they won't. They don't have to, or particularly need to. But they're already putting pressure on Core handhelds, and it's not even their primary business model. This is where the trend is headed though, you'd be fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Here you go...

http://www.engadget.com/2...ing-market-ipod-touch-o/
[h4]Apple claims 50 percent of portable gaming market, iPod touch 'outsells Nintendo and Sony combined'[/h4]
By Sean Hollister posted Sep 1st 2010 1:26PM

post_icon_stats.gif

Nintendo famously called Apple the enemy of the future in the video gaming space, and by golly, it looks like the Japanese giant was right; Steve Jobs just told an audience that the iPod touch alone outsells Nintendo's DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable combined, worldwide. How many games iPod touch users actually play and for how long wasn't discussed, but Jobs said 1.5 billion "games and entertainment" apps have been downloaded -- again, on the iPod touch alone, never mind all those iPhones.

Of course they won't. They don't have to, or particularly need to. But they're already putting pressure on Core handhelds, and it's not even their primary business model. This is where the trend is headed though, you'd be fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Here you go...

[h4]Apple claims 50 percent of portable gaming market, iPod touch 'outsells Nintendo and Sony combined'[/h4]

post_icon_stats.gif

Nintendo famously called Apple the enemy of the future in the video gaming space, and by golly, it looks like the Japanese giant was right; Steve Jobs just told an audience that the iPod touch alone outsells Nintendo's DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable combined, worldwide. How many games iPod touch users actually play and for how long wasn't discussed, but Jobs said 1.5 billion "games and entertainment" apps have been downloaded -- again, on the iPod touch alone, never mind all those iPhones.

is the Iphone any better on batt life then say, the Droid 1? Honest answers please, not fanboy comments haha

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Keef100Laflare

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Anyone who gets the iphone 4 over the Thunderbolt is a complete dumb$#@
laugh.gif
Not really, the iPhone is more than just about hardware. The App store is its killer feature.
As if Androids don't also have apps, and free ones at that?
your comparing android apps to apple?
roll.gif

oh and btw jailbreak gets you any app for free so stop it
Android market is 
indifferent.gif

They just got Angry Birds and it looks like Resident Evil for PS compared to the RE remake for Gamecube
angry birds has been in the market for months now....you making a big deal about gaming apps ?
laugh.gif
....every app I had on my iphone I got on my evo

Post an Android game as good as RageHd or Infinity Blade.
when I had an iphone I had 0 games from the app store, I use the emulators instead to play games and I barely played, same goes for my evo...I care about my web browsing, phone speed, tethering  etc. more than games I mean thats what my ps3 is for....I mean is this is what you're building your argument off games and apps which honestly most apps aint $+#! but remakes of the same app, and the most popular apps are on the android market but youre going to tell me your bank of america app is prettier  than mine $+#! looks the same shut up.....the only thing that an iphone have on top android powered devices is an ipod...and even that wont last for long

the iphone isnt superior to any top android phones...these phones are pretty much even and some honestly flat out beats the iphone, but what do you expect when you have people at apple who wait 2 years to put mms and cut and paste on a phone, companies where bound to catch up and even pass them

Games are a big part of the debate because the games on the iPhone are revoltionizing mobile gaming. If you haven't had a chance to play RageHd it is really good and solid game. These phones these days are more than just pioneer they are mobile entertainment devices. If I'm not mistake Android does not have a Netflix app as of yet either or Hulu. Developers are clearly showing a trend of developing first for the iPhone and then the android. You can not deny that. Fragmentation should be a big concern for android users in the future. With all different types of phones coming out for the platform ranging from the highest tech phones to simple lower performance phones the quality of apps will suffer.What a lot of you guys fail to realize that it's not a battle of hardware which a lot of you guys boast about it's a battle of software. There is only one iPhone that is released annually compared to atleast 5-6 iPhone "killers" released like clock work in between the iPhones cycle. There is no way the iPhone can realistically compete hardware wise to a phone that is releases 6 months after it was released. But what is funny is that from what I've seen tell me if I'm wrong but even the newer android phones are coming stock with an older version of android (froyo) rather than the newer version (Gingerbread) as a consumer you would never have to worry about being up to date with current iOS software.
Games are games period and people don't buy phones just for games, hulu are you serious I had that app on my phone since august, honestly I don't need the app I could just go to the website and stream and popular apps in the market are really designed to perform better for the top phones. Gingerbread hasn't even been released yet....but from looking around and researching a few top android phones are suppose to come with it...will the low end devices get it more than likely no, but hell its a low end device you get what you pay for. If I wanted gingerbread on my phone right now, I could flash it.

And iOS android is on def on par with it, real multitasking, real push notification, UI is very responsive...I remember how crappy android os was in 07 with the g1
laugh.gif
I had an iphone 3g then. Over the span of 3 years android have come a long way to be a front runner along side iOS.....and over the span of 3 years the iphone has added mms, copy and paste, multitasking
grin.gif
..still no flash..and video recording, push notification..these are things that should have been on the phone..they could have took a dump on the competition back in 07-08 if the had these things they would be leading the pack by a mile now if they had those things 3 years ago. Apple is money hungry tho so I respect their hustle on holding basic things back in their os/phones just to put it in the next phone and make more dollars

all these phones can do the same thing, well most depending on your knowledge of hacking...I'm not mad at people buying iphones, android powered phones, etc it's their money...but to say one is better than the other is crazy

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Anyone who gets the iphone 4 over the Thunderbolt is a complete dumb$#@
laugh.gif
Not really, the iPhone is more than just about hardware. The App store is its killer feature.
As if Androids don't also have apps, and free ones at that?
your comparing android apps to apple?
roll.gif

oh and btw jailbreak gets you any app for free so stop it
Android market is 
indifferent.gif

They just got Angry Birds and it looks like Resident Evil for PS compared to the RE remake for Gamecube
angry birds has been in the market for months now....you making a big deal about gaming apps ?
laugh.gif
....every app I had on my iphone I got on my evo

Post an Android game as good as RageHd or Infinity Blade.
when I had an iphone I had 0 games from the app store, I use the emulators instead to play games and I barely played, same goes for my evo...I care about my web browsing, phone speed, tethering  etc. more than games I mean thats what my ps3 is for....I mean is this is what you're building your argument off games and apps which honestly most apps aint $+#! but remakes of the same app, and the most popular apps are on the android market but youre going to tell me your bank of america app is prettier  than mine $+#! looks the same shut up.....the only thing that an iphone have on top android powered devices is an ipod...and even that wont last for long

the iphone isnt superior to any top android phones...these phones are pretty much even and some honestly flat out beats the iphone, but what do you expect when you have people at apple who wait 2 years to put mms and cut and paste on a phone, companies where bound to catch up and even pass them

Games are a big part of the debate because the games on the iPhone are revoltionizing mobile gaming. If you haven't had a chance to play RageHd it is really good and solid game. These phones these days are more than just pioneer they are mobile entertainment devices. If I'm not mistake Android does not have a Netflix app as of yet either or Hulu. Developers are clearly showing a trend of developing first for the iPhone and then the android. You can not deny that. Fragmentation should be a big concern for android users in the future. With all different types of phones coming out for the platform ranging from the highest tech phones to simple lower performance phones the quality of apps will suffer.What a lot of you guys fail to realize that it's not a battle of hardware which a lot of you guys boast about it's a battle of software. There is only one iPhone that is released annually compared to atleast 5-6 iPhone "killers" released like clock work in between the iPhones cycle. There is no way the iPhone can realistically compete hardware wise to a phone that is releases 6 months after it was released. But what is funny is that from what I've seen tell me if I'm wrong but even the newer android phones are coming stock with an older version of android (froyo) rather than the newer version (Gingerbread) as a consumer you would never have to worry about being up to date with current iOS software.
Games are games period and people don't buy phones just for games, hulu are you serious I had that app on my phone since august, honestly I don't need the app I could just go to the website and stream and popular apps in the market are really designed to perform better for the top phones. Gingerbread hasn't even been released yet....but from looking around and researching a few top android phones are suppose to come with it...will the low end devices get it more than likely no, but hell its a low end device you get what you pay for. If I wanted gingerbread on my phone right now, I could flash it.

And iOS android is on def on par with it, real multitasking, real push notification, UI is very responsive...I remember how crappy android os was in 07 with the g1
laugh.gif
I had an iphone 3g then. Over the span of 3 years android have come a long way to be a front runner along side iOS.....and over the span of 3 years the iphone has added mms, copy and paste, multitasking
grin.gif
..still no flash..and video recording, push notification..these are things that should have been on the phone..they could have took a dump on the competition back in 07-08 if the had these things they would be leading the pack by a mile now if they had those things 3 years ago. Apple is money hungry tho so I respect their hustle on holding basic things back in their os/phones just to put it in the next phone and make more dollars

all these phones can do the same thing, well most depending on your knowledge of hacking...I'm not mad at people buying iphones, android powered phones, etc it's their money...but to say one is better than the other is crazy

is the Iphone any better on batt life then say, the Droid 1? Honest answers please, not fanboy comments haha

laugh.gif
, what?

[qupte]He's wrong though, Apple did revolutionize mobile gaming, at least for the adult crowd and the casual gamer. They made a product that hit a particular market segment that was virtually UNTOUCHED by Nintendo and Sony. Casual gamers, and adults won't spring for the 150 system plus 30 for games, but they will shell out 3-5 bucks for a casual game that they can play with on their phone, that they already have. In that respect, Apple did it first, and they did it right.

and honestly, apple didn't do anything, it was the developers.[/quote]
you are clueless

laugh.gif
, what?

[qupte]He's wrong though, Apple did revolutionize mobile gaming, at least for the adult crowd and the casual gamer. They made a product that hit a particular market segment that was virtually UNTOUCHED by Nintendo and Sony. Casual gamers, and adults won't spring for the 150 system plus 30 for games, but they will shell out 3-5 bucks for a casual game that they can play with on their phone, that they already have. In that respect, Apple did it first, and they did it right.

and honestly, apple didn't do anything, it was the developers.[/quote]
you are clueless

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Here you go...

post_icon_stats.gif

Nintendo famously called Apple the enemy of the future
in the video gaming space, and by golly, it looks like the Japanese
giant was right; Steve Jobs just told an audience that the iPod touch alone outsells Nintendo's DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable
combined, worldwide. How many games iPod touch users actually play and
for how long wasn't discussed, but Jobs said 1.5 billion "games and
entertainment" apps have been downloaded -- again, on the iPod touch
alone, never mind all those iPhones.

but they are comparing .99 cent games with meh graphics to 20 and 30 dollar games.

and most of those .99 cent games are passed within a day to never be touched again.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

i own both, and i'd say they are about the same. granted my droid has widgets that are constantly pulling in data.

you are clueless

awesome. anything else?

Here you go...

post_icon_stats.gif

giant was right; Steve Jobs just told an audience that the iPod touch alone outsells Nintendo's DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable

but they are comparing .99 cent games with meh graphics to 20 and 30 dollar games.

and most of those .99 cent games are passed within a day to never be touched again.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

i own both, and i'd say they are about the same. granted my droid has widgets that are constantly pulling in data.

you are clueless

awesome. anything else?

laugh.gif
, what?

...and with that little quip, you've proven that you're not only clueless, but misinformed and completely lost sight of what you were arguing in the first place.

You should just stop
tired.gif

laugh.gif
, what?

...and with that little quip, you've proven that you're not only clueless, but misinformed and completely lost sight of what you were arguing in the first place.

You should just stop
tired.gif

Here you go...

post_icon_stats.gif

Thats stupid....apples games are anywhere from $.99 to $14.99.....nintendo and sony is $14.99 to $39.99.

If something is cheaper, the %%%% makes you think it wont sell more?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Here you go...

post_icon_stats.gif

Thats stupid....apples games are anywhere from $.99 to $14.99.....nintendo and sony is $14.99 to $39.99.

If something is cheaper, the %%%% makes you think it wont sell more?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are people really comparing games on the iPhone to the ones on Nintendo or PSP?
laugh.gif

You can't compare a cell phone game to a game on a PSP.

The ones on the iPhone are meant to kill time when you're bored. The ones on PSP or DS are meant to play cuz you're actually into the game. So what if they outsell Nintendo or Sony? They're not the same thing.

Are people really comparing games on the iPhone to the ones on Nintendo or PSP?
laugh.gif

You can't compare a cell phone game to a game on a PSP.

The ones on the iPhone are meant to kill time when you're bored. The ones on PSP or DS are meant to play cuz you're actually into the game. So what if they outsell Nintendo or Sony? They're not the same thing.

Here you go...

post_icon_stats.gif

There's a bigger picture and I'm not sure that you see it.

Back
Top Bottom