Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by lokiD40

let me ask you this...
can you change your battery on an IPHONE?  How about increase the storage??

Iphone = Leasing a car

Thanks Apple!

grin.gif

j/k- i'm actually contemplating going Droid or Apple....we'll see...we'll seee

Unlike the *#$+%! android phones you won't need to do either. 16gb standard is more than any android phone out and battery life is really good on the iPhone 4
The Samsung Captivate and Vibrant have 16gb internal+SD card slot.

let me ask you this...

Iphone = Leasing a car

Thanks Apple!

grin.gif

Unlike the *#$+%! android phones you won't need to do either. 16gb standard is more than any android phone out and battery life is really good on the iPhone 4

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

AT&T's GSM iPhone with simultaneous voice and data > Verizon's CDMA iPhone without simultaneous voice and data.

Verizon's CDMA iPhone with their extremely spread out and well covered 3G network  > AT&T's GSM iPhone with the smaller 3g network footprint.

So I guess it's all up to what you are willing to trade-off. Since I am usually on the phone while accessing some type of data I need GSM/HSDPA's ability to allow voice and data at the same time. But if I lived in a rural or extremely spotted area I'd probably have Verizon.
That's interesting.

I'm on VZW now and I've never noticed an instance where I'd use Voice and Data at the same time. I never even knew it was a debating point for ATT vs VZW until recently.

I always figured if you were talking, you were talking. *shrug*

What's the big deal about this feature exactly?
Let's say youre on the phone and looking for directions or a place to eat or to google something. On ATT you can text someone while on the phone and etc. It's a small feature but I find myself to use it often.

AT&T's GSM iPhone with simultaneous voice and data > Verizon's CDMA iPhone without simultaneous voice and data.

Verizon's CDMA iPhone with their extremely spread out and well covered 3G network  > AT&T's GSM iPhone with the smaller 3g network footprint.

So I guess it's all up to what you are willing to trade-off. Since I am usually on the phone while accessing some type of data I need GSM/HSDPA's ability to allow voice and data at the same time. But if I lived in a rural or extremely spotted area I'd probably have Verizon.
That's interesting.

I'm on VZW now and I've never noticed an instance where I'd use Voice and Data at the same time. I never even knew it was a debating point for ATT vs VZW until recently.

Let's say youre on the phone and looking for directions or a place to eat or to google something. On ATT you can text someone while on the phone and etc. It's a small feature but I find myself to use it often.

That's interesting.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you are downloading, surfing, or streaming music....and you get a call....does this happen (on Verizon):
- a) goes straight to voicemail

- b) stops the data...so your download will stop, streaming will stop??? 
mad.gif

- c) you can pickup the call and it puts your data in a PAUSE state??

I believe this is a huge deal for some....including ME

Thanks

That's interesting.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you are downloading, surfing, or streaming music....and you get a call....does this happen (on Verizon):
- a) goes straight to voicemail

- b) stops the data...so your download will stop, streaming will stop??? 
mad.gif

- c) you can pickup the call and it puts your data in a PAUSE state??

I believe this is a huge deal for some....including ME

Thanks

There really is no reason for people that currently have ATT to abandon ship and run over to Verizon...If you already have Verizon then go for it, but if you're a Sprint/AT&T user, you have no reason to switch to the Verizon iPhone, unless you currently have a crappy outdated phone

1- This is identical to the AT&T iPhone 4 hardware wise, so basically what you get now is what you will always have in terms of speed..It can not be updated to 4G LTE because the hardware currently in it isn't equipped to be able to receive a 4G signal

2-There is no guarantee that the iPhone 4 won't cause Verizon's network to lag the same way AT&T's has..What people don't understand is that AT&T didn't just have it's own customers upgrade to the iPhone from an older phone..It also had people from other carriers immediately switching to AT&T..Apple/AT&T sell about 3-5 million iPhones for every 3 months of the year...And that has only increased every time a newer version comes out...Verizon has been able to handle all the new Android phones on it's network because the people buying these phones are old customers..Nobody was seeing Droid X commercials and leaving AT&T just to buy it

Basically what I'm trying to say is, wait it out...See how Verizon's network handles the added bandwidth being used and the however million customers that switch to Verizon expecting the service/prices to be better..If Verizon does a great job at it, switch over and don't look back...But for all we know, the network can have the same fate as AT&Ts

There really is no reason for people that currently have ATT to abandon ship and run over to Verizon...If you already have Verizon then go for it, but if you're a Sprint/AT&T user, you have no reason to switch to the Verizon iPhone, unless you currently have a crappy outdated phone

1- This is identical to the AT&T iPhone 4 hardware wise, so basically what you get now is what you will always have in terms of speed..It can not be updated to 4G LTE because the hardware currently in it isn't equipped to be able to receive a 4G signal

2-There is no guarantee that the iPhone 4 won't cause Verizon's network to lag the same way AT&T's has..What people don't understand is that AT&T didn't just have it's own customers upgrade to the iPhone from an older phone..It also had people from other carriers immediately switching to AT&T..Apple/AT&T sell about 3-5 million iPhones for every 3 months of the year...And that has only increased every time a newer version comes out...Verizon has been able to handle all the new Android phones on it's network because the people buying these phones are old customers..Nobody was seeing Droid X commercials and leaving AT&T just to buy it

Basically what I'm trying to say is, wait it out...See how Verizon's network handles the added bandwidth being used and the however million customers that switch to Verizon expecting the service/prices to be better..If Verizon does a great job at it, switch over and don't look back...But for all we know, the network can have the same fate as AT&Ts

Is there any word on what the differences/improvements might be between the iPhone 4 and the 5 supposedly releasing in the summer?

Is there any word on what the differences/improvements might be between the iPhone 4 and the 5 supposedly releasing in the summer?

So it's official now...cool, competition is always a good thing. 
Current ATT/iPhone user (ditched the EVO on Sprint twice lol) , don't plan on switching. I hate crossing platforms and since I use a Macbook and rely on iTunes I just find it too time consuming and irritating to search for apps just to be able to sync devices. 

So it's official now...cool, competition is always a good thing. 
Current ATT/iPhone user (ditched the EVO on Sprint twice lol) , don't plan on switching. I hate crossing platforms and since I use a Macbook and rely on iTunes I just find it too time consuming and irritating to search for apps just to be able to sync devices. 

Originally Posted by justballin11

let me ask you this...

Iphone = Leasing a car

Thanks Apple!

grin.gif

usainboltisfast you sound like a fanboy

Originally Posted by justballin11

let me ask you this...

Iphone = Leasing a car

Thanks Apple!

grin.gif

usainboltisfast you sound like a fanboy

It saddens how mis-educated consumers are going to be swindle into buy a product that will come obsolete within a few months, and cry about it when that new device outperforms the old device, and really want the new device but your stuck in a 2 year contract. This is what Apple has been doing for years and people don't take note to their practices.

If it wants simultaneous in a device its either "NETWORK" can provide it or the "CHIP" manufacture them.

I'm on Sprint it has the same Network configuration as Verizon such as "CDMA". You CAN'T talk on the phone while surfing the Net and Vise Versa. However my phone is 4G (Wimax) a different network infrastructure that does't interrupt my CDMA network. So I can be able to talk and surf the Net, at the same time. This will also apply to any 4G (LTE) Verizon phone that will soon be released.

Given the fact that the Iphone might not be having a LTE enabled phone within this year will have certain consumers that are going from ATT to Verizon, pretty much vexed. If you don't know nothing about Wireless infrastructure.

IF YOU NEED MORE INDEPTH EXPLANTION OF CELLUAR NETWORKS I SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS.

It saddens how mis-educated consumers are going to be swindle into buy a product that will come obsolete within a few months, and cry about it when that new device outperforms the old device, and really want the new device but your stuck in a 2 year contract. This is what Apple has been doing for years and people don't take note to their practices.

If it wants simultaneous in a device its either "NETWORK" can provide it or the "CHIP" manufacture them.

I'm on Sprint it has the same Network configuration as Verizon such as "CDMA". You CAN'T talk on the phone while surfing the Net and Vise Versa. However my phone is 4G (Wimax) a different network infrastructure that does't interrupt my CDMA network. So I can be able to talk and surf the Net, at the same time. This will also apply to any 4G (LTE) Verizon phone that will soon be released.

Given the fact that the Iphone might not be having a LTE enabled phone within this year will have certain consumers that are going from ATT to Verizon, pretty much vexed. If you don't know nothing about Wireless infrastructure.

IF YOU NEED MORE INDEPTH EXPLANTION OF CELLUAR NETWORKS I SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Anyone who gets the iphone 4 over the Thunderbolt is a complete dumb$#@
laugh.gif
Not really, the iPhone is more than just about hardware. The App store is its killer feature.
As if Androids don't also have apps, and free ones at that?

laugh.gif
Not really, the iPhone is more than just about hardware. The App store is its killer feature.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

laugh.gif
your comparing android apps to apple?
roll.gif

oh and btw jailbreak gets you any app for free so stop it

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

laugh.gif
your comparing android apps to apple?
roll.gif

oh and btw jailbreak gets you any app for free so stop it

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

That's interesting.

I can text ppl while on the phone, and I can recieve text while on the phone.

I cannot recieve emails/bbm/or surf the web.

I dont think I will really by on the phone and surfing the web that much.  I actually dont know how often I like to be on the phone. I personally dont see people needing to surf the web and be on the phone.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

That's interesting.

I dont think I will really by on the phone and surfing the web that much.  I actually dont know how often I like to be on the phone. I personally dont see people needing to surf the web and be on the phone.

EB4President wrote: 

how about streaming? you don't stream music, or what if you have a netflix account and traveling? won't you be missing a bunch of calls because your CDMA phone is grabbing data?  how about Pandora at work (since many corps do not allow your pc to stream during work)?  NBA LEAGUE PASS? You can keep going and going...

Back
Top Bottom