Vatican threatened Irish Bishops to not Report Sexual Abuse

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by moneymike88

The pope said I can't use condoms...
tired.gif

are you KIDDING me?
roll.gif
You let a dude in white robes direct your life? And people wonder why I make fun of religion. Its like the stupidest joke ever.

Honest question... Why would the Vatican need lawyers? Why don't they pray on it?
nerd.gif

Right, because Catholicism = Religion. Makes perfect sense.
You're hurt.

Catholicism IS a religion. Its a form of religion. Its a segment of a major religion. What are you saying?

Its laughable.

They distributing God out of Italy like its listserv.
laugh.gif
A sect of Christianity is nothing more...Just a sect.

The $#*# would I be hurt for. You're an Atheist for attention like most others on this site

Notice how most dudes that believe in God on this board aren't spewing any "repent nao" or "the day of judgment will soon be upon us guize" nonsense

It always has to be some some butthurt Atheist who had a %$$$@# childhood or who's "girlfriend" only calls them for help with their homework

Pay close attention, you're an atheist? dope. Not a single $#*# will be given because nobody cares

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Let's chill on the sweeping statements regarding Catholics and religion people. This is obviously quite reprehensible, but you can't point to the entire Roman Catholic Church administration, and say every one of them condones such things. The article did say this code of silence regarding abuses was corrected by the current Bishop of Rome.

Of course, any person or group of people, who use their position/authority to take advantage of others, must be held accountable, and punished according to appropriate rule of law.
There are two types of evil, those that do evil, and those that see evil being done and do nothing. Now, I've been following these sexual abuse cases for the last couple years. An the one thing that has always baffled me is that with all this information coming out about the church, people continue to go there for mass not so much as blinking and eye or even questioning what on Earth is going on.

I've asked some of my Catholic friends about this, and they act as if I'm asking about their parent's sleeping arrangements. There seems to be some widely health belief that this all "family business" and outsiders (non-Catholics) have the right to peep in and that's not how it works. Yes, all Catholics are not guilty, but there is something severely wrong with that institution from the top down.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Let's chill on the sweeping statements regarding Catholics and religion people. This is obviously quite reprehensible, but you can't point to the entire Roman Catholic Church administration, and say every one of them condones such things. The article did say this code of silence regarding abuses was corrected by the current Bishop of Rome.

Of course, any person or group of people, who use their position/authority to take advantage of others, must be held accountable, and punished according to appropriate rule of law.
There are two types of evil, those that do evil, and those that see evil being done and do nothing. Now, I've been following these sexual abuse cases for the last couple years. An the one thing that has always baffled me is that with all this information coming out about the church, people continue to go there for mass not so much as blinking and eye or even questioning what on Earth is going on.

I've asked some of my Catholic friends about this, and they act as if I'm asking about their parent's sleeping arrangements. There seems to be some widely health belief that this all "family business" and outsiders (non-Catholics) have the right to peep in and that's not how it works. Yes, all Catholics are not guilty, but there is something severely wrong with that institution from the top down.

tired.gif

are you KIDDING me?
roll.gif
You let a dude in white robes direct your life? And people wonder why I make fun of religion. Its like the stupidest joke ever.

Honest question... Why would the Vatican need lawyers? Why don't they pray on it?
nerd.gif

You're hurt.

Catholicism IS a religion. Its a form of religion. Its a segment of a major religion. What are you saying?

Its laughable.

laugh.gif

The $#*# would I be hurt for. You're an Atheist for attention like most others on this site
That's a rather ignorant observation on your part. Any attention given to atheists usually isn't positive.

I am an atheist yet I don't think that clouds what I see as reprehensible.  I would hope EVERYONE would be disgusted by the Catholic Church and their 'sins.' I mean do I have to be black to find racism offensive?  Do I have to be Jewish to hate antisemitism?

tired.gif

are you KIDDING me?
roll.gif

nerd.gif

You're hurt.

Its laughable.

laugh.gif

That's a rather ignorant observation on your part. Any attention given to atheists usually isn't positive.

I am an atheist yet I don't think that clouds what I see as reprehensible.  I would hope EVERYONE would be disgusted by the Catholic Church and their 'sins.' I mean do I have to be black to find racism offensive?  Do I have to be Jewish to hate antisemitism?

tired.gif

are you KIDDING me?
roll.gif

nerd.gif

You're hurt.

Its laughable.

laugh.gif

Notice how most dudes that believe in God on this board aren't spewing any "repent nao" or "the day of judgment will soon be upon us guize" nonsense

It always has to be some some butthurt Atheist who had a %$$$@# childhood or who's "girlfriend" only calls them for help with their homework

Pay close attention, you're an atheist? dope.
Not a single $#*# will be given because nobody cares
A sect of Christianity is yes, just a sect. Doesn't matter. Protestants have their fair share of the same issues too if you haven't noticed. Its just easier to convict them since a lot of them are independent churches. Catholic churches seem to have this entire culture of secrecy guarding them thus revealing more negative press.

I had a great childhood and probably get more poon than you dream of so stop it cause you're telling on yourself now.

I'm not butt hurt. I'm an atheist and i'm outspoken (at least online 
laugh.gif
tired.gif
) to show people how limiting their views are. If me speaking out even forces you to think that much more, i've done my job. If i'm bringing attention to different paradigms on reality, i'm guilty. I'll wear that. I am being proactive in challenging beliefs and forcing people to prove them. Only once people can prove why they do what they do will real accountability be enforced in society. This will cause people like you to abandon beliefs that are often contraditory and relie on YOURSELF as your means of morality and justification in society. Learn to see things for what they are.

I'm doing you a service even blasting on Catholicism like this. Tell me what you believe in and i'll break that down too. I'm about it. Lets see if what you think stands up when even YOU debate yourself.

tired.gif

are you KIDDING me?
roll.gif

nerd.gif

You're hurt.

Its laughable.

laugh.gif

Pay close attention, you're an atheist? dope.
Not a single $#*# will be given because nobody cares
A sect of Christianity is yes, just a sect. Doesn't matter. Protestants have their fair share of the same issues too if you haven't noticed. Its just easier to convict them since a lot of them are independent churches. Catholic churches seem to have this entire culture of secrecy guarding them thus revealing more negative press.

I had a great childhood and probably get more poon than you dream of so stop it cause you're telling on yourself now.

I'm not butt hurt. I'm an atheist and i'm outspoken (at least online 
laugh.gif
tired.gif
) to show people how limiting their views are. If me speaking out even forces you to think that much more, i've done my job. If i'm bringing attention to different paradigms on reality, i'm guilty. I'll wear that. I am being proactive in challenging beliefs and forcing people to prove them. Only once people can prove why they do what they do will real accountability be enforced in society. This will cause people like you to abandon beliefs that are often contraditory and relie on YOURSELF as your means of morality and justification in society. Learn to see things for what they are.

I'm doing you a service even blasting on Catholicism like this. Tell me what you believe in and i'll break that down too. I'm about it. Lets see if what you think stands up when even YOU debate yourself.

Notice how i said most and not all?

Yes I did and I still don't agree.  It's a shortcut to thinking when you chalk someone's beliefs or lack thereof to 'wanting attention.'  It shows how small your grasp is.  The difference to you is befuddling so you deem it to be in the name of 'wanting attention.'  

Notice how i said most and not all?

Yes I did and I still don't agree.  It's a shortcut to thinking when you chalk someone's beliefs or lack thereof to 'wanting attention.'  It shows how small your grasp is.  The difference to you is befuddling so you deem it to be in the name of 'wanting attention.'  

I believe in God, but I don't believe in using the good book to finger people out of their money.

I believe in God, but I don't believe in using the good book to finger people out of their money.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Catholicism FTL
laugh.gif

How anyone who seriously has read any European history book and then seriously believe in the Catholic church is honestly beyond me.  A totally corrupt and evil institution for oh well the past 2,000 years.
RELIGION FTL
How can you single out a single Religion, then use that second part of your response as a way of  trying to single out Catholicism? That !%+* applies to every single religion out there
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Your right I dislike all religions pretty much, but the history of Catholicism and the way it has been used in particularly evil manners makes it more reprehensible imo.  There refusal to promote birth control, turning a blind eye for much of WWII, the history of the papacy etc.  Catholicism as an ideology is no worse than any other religion but the way the church acts makes it far worse.

Catholicism FTL
laugh.gif

How anyone who seriously has read any European history book and then seriously believe in the Catholic church is honestly beyond me.  A totally corrupt and evil institution for oh well the past 2,000 years.
RELIGION FTL
How can you single out a single Religion, then use that second part of your response as a way of  trying to single out Catholicism? That !%+* applies to every single religion out there
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Your right I dislike all religions pretty much, but the history of Catholicism and the way it has been used in particularly evil manners makes it more reprehensible imo.  There refusal to promote birth control, turning a blind eye for much of WWII, the history of the papacy etc.  Catholicism as an ideology is no worse than any other religion but the way the church acts makes it far worse.

Catholicism FTL
laugh.gif

RELIGION FTL
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

catholicism is the prototype to the evils of politicized religion.

Catholicism FTL
laugh.gif

RELIGION FTL
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

catholicism is the prototype to the evils of politicized religion.

As much as this subject pops up nowadays I have yet to see any one suggest the fact that maybe its embedded in Catholic beliefs to carry out these molestation acts as a ritualistic way to bring them closer to "god" or grant them some type of divine attribute such as "immortality". For all one would have to do simply look at the perversion that stood within the Greco-Roman cultures of old.

As much as this subject pops up nowadays I have yet to see any one suggest the fact that maybe its embedded in Catholic beliefs to carry out these molestation acts as a ritualistic way to bring them closer to "god" or grant them some type of divine attribute such as "immortality". For all one would have to do simply look at the perversion that stood within the Greco-Roman cultures of old.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

This is very true. Part of it might be because its completely ASININE and MORBID to even suggest it and anyone who admitted to it or even suggested it might be ridiculed by virtue of its tenets.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by THE FAME

This is very true. Part of it might be because its completely ASININE and MORBID to even suggest it and anyone who admitted to it or even suggested it might be ridiculed by virtue of its tenets.
30t6p3b.gif

What I notice is that all these gay sexual child abuse/ gay pedophilia are all concentrated in Western Countries.

Do you hear about these type of incidents in Non-Western Countries ?

I hate to stereotype, but most of the perps in these cases ( religion or no religion ) are white males. Hell, the majority of sex tourists that frequent 3rd world countries are all middle aged white males from western countries.

What I notice is that all these gay sexual child abuse/ gay pedophilia are all concentrated in Western Countries.

Do you hear about these type of incidents in Non-Western Countries ?

I hate to stereotype, but most of the perps in these cases ( religion or no religion ) are white males. Hell, the majority of sex tourists that frequent 3rd world countries are all middle aged white males from western countries.

Back
Top Bottom