*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Don't know why PURE PG in your mind = can't score. Chris Paul would be the elite example of a pure PG. I'd probably put Steph in that category too. You also have John Wall. It's really just about making the right play. Not passing at all costs.

On a team with a bunch of scorers, it'd probably help to have a leader who can get everyone involved and sees where the gaps in the defense are. But scoring really hasn't been the problem for the US.

I'll never concede that that series shouldn't have been 2-0 OKC. Would have completely changed the landscape of the NBA.

Even still. What could/should have been...

young russ/kd/hardend/brooks weren't built for the stage that was the nba finals at that time
it had a "good to be there" type feel for them and their fans

Lack of ball movement is their number 1 problem. When the ball is moving they are getting leads and looking great. Its when the offense gets stagnant that teams can just load up and make USA take a bad shot or a tough one. 

On a different note, KD needs to insert himself into the game more. I have seen a few games where he opens up really strong, scoring 10-12 points right off the bat but then thats it. You dont really hear about him for the rest of the game.

young russ/kd/hardend/brooks weren't built for the stage that was the nba finals at that time
it had a "good to be there" type feel for them and their fans

If KD hits that bunny, or they call that blatant *** foul, that series is a lot different.

Too much went wrong that didn't have to happen.

Brooks dumbass should have sat Perk. Harden shouldn't have been ******* with Trina in the first place. Had his head ****** up.

Thunder honestly should have won that. All of a sudden the Heatles might have broken up, and there's no way we keep Perk and trade Harden.

If you add Russ, you have to add Harden.

Harden would instantly become the best perimeter playmaker on the team and would thrive. Just allow him to facilitate, make plays as needed and it'll get done.I think it burns people souls to say something good about Harden :lol:

Westbrook would've helped ,but Westbrook with that collection of talent and no distributors wouldn't have been the best recipe. They would've got out faster on the break, but in the halfcourt it would've looked just as bad.

Look at the 2014 WC. Harden was a beast in the tournament. We could have used him on this squad. Instead hes out playing summer ball somewhere and getting into it with fans :rolleyes

Last edited:
^^^ I think that was the case for Harden. RUSS, I am not sure to be honest. Another guy I was wondering about was Lillard. Did he finished the playoffs injured also??

Other players had good excuses not to go.

CP3 Healing from the injury.

Ant Davis see above.

Blake G. see above.

Steph see above.

Lebron needed the rest.

We're smacking Argentina.

But I can see us getting smacked by Spain. Less athletic anthony Davis, llull and mirotic are going to be hard to defend

Not sure why Harden & Russ dropped out. They were that worried about the mosquitoes?
It's crazy because watched Harden twice at the Drew this past weekend in peak form so idk 
laugh.gif
 Drew was lit this past weekend though.

Everyone was shouting to him "Your country needs you *****" 
roll.gif

:lol: I was joking. Argentina's roster is so old, there are like four guys on the squad that played on the 2004 team.

^^^ I think that was the case for Harden. RUSS, I am not sure to be honest. Another guy I was wondering about was Lillard. Did he finished the playoffs injured also??

Other players had good excuses not to go.

CP3 Healing from the injury.

Ant Davis see above.

Blake G. see above.

Steph see above.

Lebron needed the rest.
Damian said he wanted to get his foot right.

I can't remember if 2012 and 2008 games were always before I got off work. It sucks

I feel like I was able to watch all the games live or at least a lot of them

I can't remember if 2012 and 2008 games were always before I got off work. It sucks

I feel like I was able to watch all the games live or at least a lot of them

I remember the 2008 final being at like 11PM PST :lol:. It was mthe weekend I moved into the dorms. Me and my roommates had some cheap liqs and watched the game.

i believe were early starts as well. I remember coming home from work and finding out we beat Nigeria by 80.

Back
Top Bottom