*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

dwight or cousins?
Dwight's defense would be more valuable to this team than cousins offense ...**** the way the roster is right now , rather have Drummond too

No fear in the paint when cousins in the game , opponents start feeling them selves soon as DJ goes out n try to get to the bucket/crash the boards

Any team playing Kyrie + DMC together for major minutes is going to have issues. Still super talented but it's not like everyone else is hiding their deficiencies - they're next to other scorers.

People saw USA destroy awful teams in warmups and thought it was gonna be a walk in the park. These international teams aren't at their full potential but they're still solid squads. As long as the team can handle NBA athletes, they'll be able to make it a game. USA's short training camp hurts them here.

From the games I have watched so far, this is the type of losing basketball Kyrie enjoyed before Bron got the Cavs.
No movement of offense = driibble, dribble, dribble until I can get my shot or make up a shot.
Pick gets set for him = go to the basket and get my shot off, ignore the man setting me a screen.

No wonder he is playing so well so far.

Last edited:
This team would benefit much more so from Chris Paul....than Russell Westbrook.

International Russ is fun to watch man. He really defends 94ft

Yep.

I guess now people see the difference between PG's who know how to control a game and make good decisions and the guards everyone loves.

:rolleyes

36G14Bk.gif

Any team playing Kyrie + DMC together for major minutes is going to have issues. Still super talented but it's not like everyone else is hiding their deficiencies - they're next to other scorers.

People saw USA destroy awful teams in warmups and thought it was gonna be a walk in the park. These international teams aren't at their full potential but they're still solid squads. As long as the team can handle NBA athletes, they'll be able to make it a game. USA's short training camp hurts them here.
Coach k done had kyrie , cousins n Melo on the floor at the same time :x ...n they probly wonder how teams go on runs to get back in the game :lol:

Coach k done had kyrie , cousins n Melo on the floor at the same time :x ...n they probly wonder how teams go on runs to get back in the game :lol:

Exactly..both your center and point guard being bad on defense and a offensive minded SF playing PF as the only line of defense is a recipe for disaster...and he's starting games with this lineup..Its literally the worst combination of players to put together.

Ehh but respected defenders like PG13 and Klay are routinely getting cooked. And Durant is getting beat on back doors every quarter

Ehh but respected defenders like PG13 and Klay are routinely getting cooked. And Durant is getting beat on back doors every quarter
Yea the overall team defense has been bad ...but probly not a good strategy to have 3 players known for having subpar defense on the floor at the same time when the team is struggling with playing D in general

Low key Coach K getting exposed :smh:
Naw he's not getting exposed ...think he just figured they could out talent everybody in the group stage, which they did cuz they didn't lose yet ...but they haven't looked great in the past couple games

He should make adjustments for the next games coming up

Naw he's not getting exposed ...think he just figured they could out talent everybody in the group stage, which they did cuz they didn't lose yet ...but they haven't looked great in the past couple games

He should make adjustments for the next games coming up
The offense looks horrible and he puts puzzling lineups out there consistently and also prefers cousins over dj for some reason

If he's not getting exposed he's making bad choices and not having them run consistent half court sets

Of course I don't take the blame off the players too. Coach k is just as responsible. Even though they don't have a great quarterback at point guard these coaches should be able to figure it out

Spain looking like a well oiled machine. Coach K better be in the lab

Agree. But its not just on him. A lot of the players need to just step up too. Seems like many of them thought they could just show up and get gold and, consequently, are not locked in at all. Time to really play.

Team USA needs some role players. I honestly think JJ Redick would have been a better fit than Demar Derozen, not saying JJ is better though but just a better fit.

K is falling into the Larry Brown trap of starting guys out of seniority or something rather than based on results and what the team needs. Cousins has played for K and Team USA in the past but that shouldn't give him the starting job over DJ when the first unit's defense is getting abused on a game by game basis. K's lack of adjustments in the lineups is puzzling and concerning.

The thought of Derozan being replaced on this team is crazy

He's a good defender that gets to the foul line the most

If anyone should be replaced its Durant

Back
Top Bottom