*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Lebron, Westbrook, Harden, and Curry woukd make a massive difference

Yet, the 2012 team that included KD, Melo, Bron, Kobe, Russ, CP3, Harden, AD won by 5 against Lithuania and 7 against Spain.

Even the 2008 team had a close game with Spain and won by 11.

I guess the argument is they wouldn't be in danger of actually losing the game, which I agree with. To make it seem like no team would stand a chance and every game would be a blow out is what I don't agree with. The past two teams had some close calls, but I never felt like they would truly lose the game at the end.

This year's team is just inexperienced. A lot of guys don't have International experience and maybe it'll help them in the long haul. This is why I don't understand not putting younger guys like Towns on the team. Players who have the potential of playing in the next 2-3 Olympics to build up that experience. They did it with Bron, Melo and Wade. You have a better chance at getting 1st / 2nd year players joining anyways.

Last edited:

Yet, the 2012 team that included KD, Melo, Bron, Kobe, Russ, CP3, Harden, AD won by 5 against Lithuania and 7 against Spain.

Wasn't Spain really good doe? :lol:

I'm not too worried but 3 straight close games is not a good look. Lowkey, not winninng gold might be the best thing for us. Last time we lost we got the Redeem team. If we lose again we won't see all these superstars backing out in 2020 :lol:

Hell, give Pop two suoerstars and a bunch of role players and he'll have em lioking like the Dream Team :lol:

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to watch the games, just seen the scores.
Is the US team not as great as before or is the competition getting better?

Wasn't Spain really good doe? :lol:

I'm not too worried but 3 straight close games is not a good look. Lowkey, not winninng gold might be the best thing for us. Last time we lost we got the Redeem team. If we lose again we won't see all these superstars backing out in 2020 :lol:

Hell, give Pop two superstars and a bunch of role players and he'll have em looking like the Dream Team :lol:

This. The current team as it is just has a totally different feel to it

Imagine if the US sent a under-23 team to the Olympics. Team would get washed.
if Olympic basketball was set up as a U23 format, I'm not so sure this would be a certainty.

The main advantage many of the international teams have on the US is time together and chemistry/cohesion. If other teams also sent young teams that would take away from their leg up. And looking at the US track record in recent years in youth tournaments we've done pretty solid, I think if you add in the fact that Euro players often are later bloomers than US players, it could be arguable that a U23 format like Olympic Soccer wouldn't put the US in nearly as deep a hole.

Nah, I meant if the other countries sent their regular teams while the US sent their U23 team.

Dream Team was awesome, I watched those games growing up.

Stark reality is that the rest of the world has caught up and no longer fears the US team. Its just a matter of time before we lose a few games.

I guess the argument is they wouldn't be in danger of actually losing the game, which I agree with. To make it seem like no team would stand a chance and every game would be a blow out is what I don't agree with. The past two teams had some close calls, but I never felt like they would truly lose the game at the end.

This year's team is just inexperienced. A lot of guys don't have International experience and maybe it'll help them in the long haul. This is why I don't understand not putting younger guys like Towns on the team. Players who have the potential of playing in the next 2-3 Olympics to build up that experience. They did it with Bron, Melo and Wade. You have a better chance at getting 1st / 2nd year players joining anyways.

you just mad you cant talk about the grizzlies in here

if Olympic basketball was set up as a U23 format, I'm not so sure this would be a certainty.

The main advantage many of the international teams have on the US is time together and chemistry/cohesion. If other teams also sent young teams that would take away from their leg up. And looking at the US track record in recent years in youth tournaments we've done pretty solid, I think if you add in the fact that Euro players often are later bloomers than US players, it could be arguable that a U23 format like Olympic Soccer wouldn't put the US in nearly as deep a hole.

problem with using the u23 is the world would have the advantage of experience and nba vets

you just mad you cant talk about the grizzlies in here

:rofl:

Knockout rounds will be lit with the way coach k got these boys playing

Anyone else going to be predicting 25 point blowouts from here on out?

Last edited:
If Westbrook alone was on this team I don't think they'd be having these problems. Draymond and Cousins are the only guys on this team with any type of dog in them but Dray is playing like dog **** and losing the ball every play and Cousins isn't doing much of anything vs these other big *** physical Euro bigs.

Cousins is a horrible fit

He shouldn't be starting

And having Russ would be great but that doesn't solve Iso ball. They have no cohesion. Russ would certainly help in transition, where they've dominated in the past but not this time around

Last edited:
This team would benefit much more so from Chris Paul....than Russell Westbrook.

International Russ is fun to watch man. He really defends 94ft

This team would benefit much more so from Chris Paul....than Russell Westbrook.

International Russ is fun to watch man. He really defends 94ft

Yep.

I guess now people see the difference between PG's who know how to control a game and make good decisions and the guards everyone loves.

:rolleyes

I didn't wanna be a homer and say CP3 but yea. Someone who loves, and has the ability, to create easy shots for others would help a lot. Klay, KD, Melo would be doing work.

Back
Top Bottom