*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

if you look at the 08 and 12 teams the games were not even close only in the finals against spain.. i am worried about this team and wont be surprised if they lose but hopefully they dont

if you look at the 08 and 12 teams the games were not even close only in the finals against spain.. i am worried about this team and wont be surprised if they lose but hopefully they dont

The 2012 team was down in the 4th against Lithuania in group play :lol:

This is what happens when there's NO leadership on the team.

Dudes playing like it's pre-season. Somebody needs to tell them they're playing for their country

Dudes just need to chill.  This is a young team.

Also, the world is catching up with America in basketball.

lol been hearing that for a decade now

i think the struggles of the warrior players have to do with them coming off two straight nba finals

The world isn't catching up with anything. A couple of plant swaps and these last two games a routs for the USA.

K should start lowry and DJ along with George for defense and have Melo and Durant be the primary scorers. The starting lineup is getting abused on defense, especially Cousins and Myrie.

I'd be curious to see how a big line-up, with DJ at 5 and Boogie at 4 would do. With maybe KD and Melo on the wings and Kyrie at PG.I don't think I'd do it for long stretches, but for a few minutes here and there it could be effective.

Coack shu-shesh-kee need to give HB some minutes...He has had quality mins when in the game. Draymond stinks in international play

Jokic outchea flourishing.

My Nuggets on the rise man. We got a real "Young Core" [emoji]128527[/emoji]. It's lit :pimp:

Honestly

it's clear to me from watching this tournament that Team Canada will NEVER seriously threaten Team USA and will likely never beat high level European team in a game that matters.

Team USA would make lightwork of Canada.

You are JUST coming to this conclusion? ***** been saying this for years :lol:.

I feel the optimism though. That reality set in. You need to fade Wiggins. This ***** out here practicing dunks and growing colored dreads...instead of getting better internationally :lol:.

Playing in the Olympics makes you better. I firmly believe that.

Dudes just need to chill.  This is a young team.

Also, the world is catching up with America in basketball.
People need to stop saying this. It wasn't true when they first started saying it and it's still not true now 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You are JUST coming to this conclusion? ***** been saying this for years :lol:.

I feel the optimism though. That reality set in. You need to fade Wiggins. This ***** out here practicing dunks and growing colored dreads...instead of getting better internationally :lol:.

Playing in the Olympics makes you better. I firmly believe that.

No.

It's not for the reasons you think.
I think we could beat USA if our program was run like the European programs.

If Canada basketball was a well run program that had the loyalty and trust of it's players like Argentina's back the day then we totally should be a threat. but it isn't.

The reason euro squads can threaten USA is because they are disciplined teams that have played together in every international tournament all their lives, they have year and years of chemistry built up and they are well coached teams that use strategies and game plans you don't typically see in the NBA, which can help narrow the gap vs a glorified all star team running a skeleton offense.

I thought Canada could replicate that formula but with better talent.

Instead Canada is essentially Team USA ultra light; guys don't suit up for their country consistently random guys show up and our coach is an NBA lifer who also is terrible (but will never be fired because he's Steve Nash's guy). :x :smh:

I've been ******** on Wiggins but now that my anger has subsided, but the program is in such shambles I can understand why his relationship with the program is bad enough that he wouldn't suit up. I mean **** was falling apart vs. Veneszula and the coach had him on the bench in favor of famed Canadian University hustle guy "Aaron Dornekamp". :x

Last edited:
Anybody watching this Brazil / Argentina game? Been great from the tip. Nocioni just hit a 3 to tie it with 5 seconds left. It's lit!

Overtime!

Last edited:
No.

It's not for the reasons you think.
I think we could beat USA if our program was run like the European programs.

If Canada basketball was a well run program that had the loyalty and trust of it's players like Argentina's back the day then we totally should be a threat. but it isn't.

The reason euro squads can threaten USA is because they are disciplined teams that have played together in every international tournament all their lives, they have year and years of chemistry built up and they are well coached teams that use strategies and game plans you don't typically see in the NBA, which can help narrow the gap vs a glorified all star team running a skeleton offense.

I thought Canada could replicate that formula but with better talent.

Instead Canada is essentially Team USA ultra light; guys don't suit up for their country consistently random guys show up and our coach is an NBA lifer who also is terrible (but will never be fired because he's Steve Nash's guy). :x :smh:

I've been ******** on Wiggins but now that my anger has subsided, but the program is in such shambles I can understand why his relationship with the program is bad enough that he wouldn't suit up. I mean **** was falling apart vs. Veneszula and the coach had him on the bench in favor of famed Canadian University hustle guy "Aaron Dornekamp". :x

Best post in this thread. Your soccer national team is still buns though lol JK.

Back
Top Bottom