*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Cp3 is better than all those guys you just named, by a significant margin too.

I wasn't saying those guys I named are better than him. I was saying that, if Stockton could effectively guard those other guys, he wouldn't be getting his ankle broken every play by CP3 and Deron.

Not if you're being objective you can't. :lol:

Maybe you don't remember the level of player Dwight was at the time.

LOL at you saying I'm not being objective. You're way more biased toward the newer generation players than I am toward the old.

Cp3 is better than all those guys you just named, by a significant margin too.

I'm with you that 08 Reedeem team would beat the dream team. And I'm probably the biggest Cp3 fan on this board....

But he's not better than Isiah by a "significant margin". Slow down.

Some people don't realize how relented the redeem team was. Although, it's very hard to bet against a team with 92 Jordan on it.

This reminds me of a guy saying that John Wall would dominate John Stockton. Just completely ignoring how competitive Stockton was and how he was very good defensively.

Guys like CP3 who wouldn't have some tremendous athletic edge over Stockton would not have an advantage. Whatever CP3 can do, Stockton can come back and do it as well. Probably do it even better.

I'm with you that 08 Reedeem team would beat the dream team. And I'm probably the biggest Cp3 fan on this board....

But he's not better than Isiah by a "significant margin". Slow down.

Some people don't realize how relented the redeem team was. Although, it's very hard to bet against a team with 92 Jordan on it.

He definitely is, Zeke is overrated.

Another guy propped up by playing with HOF teammates and coach.

Still an amazing player but CP3 has literally been better than him every year of his career.

This reminds me of a guy saying that John Wall would dominate John Stockton. Just completely ignoring how competitive Stockton was and how he was very good defensively.

Guys like CP3 who wouldn't have some tremendous athletic edge over Stockton would not have an advantage. Whatever CP3 can do, Stockton can come back and do it as well. Probably do it even better.

John Wall is a top 3 athlete at the PG position in history. :lol:

I don't give a damn how "competitive" Stockton was, he's not guarding him.

CP3 while undersized, is still far more athletic than Stockton, not the best comparison at all.

Last edited:
LOL at you saying I'm not being objective. You're way more biased toward the newer generation players than I am toward the old.

Because the newer players are better but I'm not gonna say Dwight is touching Ewing and especially not the Admiral on an individual player level but defending them? Yes he could defend them.

So, there's no way less athletic players can compete against athletic guys?

In that case, I need to know why someone of the non-athletic guys in today's game win matchups against uber athletes? We can look at the last 5-6 years.

Last edited:
So, there's no way less athletic players can compete against athletic guys?

In that case, I need to know why someone of the non-athletic guys in today's game win matchups against uber athletes?

Of course there but when we're talking about one on one matchups specifically at the pg position when you can't even stop the ball from being in his hands?

Y'all can't be serious. :lol:

Because the newer players are better but I'm not gonna say Dwight is touching Ewing and especially not the Admiral on an individual player level but defending them? Yes he could defend them.

Yet, at the same time you are completely dismissing the ability any of the 92 perimeter players to guard any of the 08 players . . .

Yet, at the same time you are completely dismissing the ability any of the 92 perimeter players to guard any of the 08 players . . .

Not MJ and Pip, they definitely could hang.

But no I'm sorry, Magic & Clyde in 92 were not guarding prime Kobe/Melo/Wade.

You find it crazy to dismiss, I find it crazy to entertain.

Which I think proves which of us is the less objective here . . .

MELO??? Not prime

DW3?? OK maybe, but Drexler was a beast.

KOBE?? Defensive Jordan > PRIME KOBE. He aint rolling 15 to 20 on mike. Maybe in 98. Not in 92'

Smallball would have been rough for the Dream Team, that wasnt even a concept that players from that time were familiar with or were even trained/prepared for. But for the 08 squad its the norm. The glaring difference for me is Karl Malone's 6'8 250 is totally different from Bron's 6'8 250.

I've been thinking bout if every player wanted to play for team USA and was healthy what they're line up would look like

Curry Kyrie CP
Harden(captain of 14 team and joined the 12 team they reward loyalty) Westbrook
Lebby PG(leg injury sealed it)
Melo KD
AD Boogie

Then dray or Kawhi

Another guy that never gets brought up is Barkley. Dude was in his prime and a monster. MVP and finals the next year in 93'

I've been thinking bout if every player wanted to play for team USA and was healthy what they're line up would look like

Curry Kyrie CP
Harden(captain of 14 team and joined the 12 team they reward loyalty) Westbrook
Lebby PG(leg injury sealed it)
Melo KD
AD Boogie

Then dray or Kawhi

Just overkill. :lol:

The 3rd unit alone would smash any other team by at least 20.

Back
Top Bottom