*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Speaking of Youngins, it funny when they try to debate the 92 Dream team to the 08 team. I mean really?

92 all day. MJ, MAGIC,PIP, BIRD > KOBE, BRON, MELO, JK5

Speaking of Youngins, it funny when they try to debate the 92 Dream team to the 08 team. I mean really?

92 all day. MJ, MAGIC,PIP, BIRD > KOBE, BRON, MELO, JK5

Bird and Magic were already passed their prime everybody on the 08 team was in theirs.

Would have been a hell of a game

Please don't use bird and magic as reasons as to why 92 was better lmao

If them college kids could beat the 92 team...

Lmao but seriously itd be a good game

Bird and Magic were already passed their prime everybody on the 08 team was in theirs.

Bird for sure, but I don't know that I'd say Magic. He was still playing at a pretty elite level in 92; he just had to quit because he got HIV.

Anyway, while I'd give the edge to the 1992 team, I don't think they're far superior to 08. If they played a seven game series, I've have 92 winning in six or seven games.

I think the big difference would be interior play - Barkley, Karl Malone, Admiral and Ewing would crush Dwert, Bosh and Boozer.

Last edited:
I think the talent of the Bigs on the 1992 team is really underappreciated and what would give them the edge against the 08 team. When people talk about the Dream Team they quickly talk about MJ, Magic and Bird but Malone, Ewing, Barkley and Robinson would be a handful. The Gasol Brothers gave Team USA fits in 08 and 2012.

I think the talent of the Bigs on the 1992 team is really underappreciated and what would give them the edge against the 08 team. When people talk about the Dream Team they quickly talk about MJ, Magic and Bird but Malone, Ewing, Barkley and Robinson would be a handful. The Gasol Brothers gave Team USA fits in 08 and 2012.

Thank you, Repped.

John Stockton ankles are not ready them 08 boys

CP3 woulda mixed him all the way on a plane back to Utah.

Not to mention Dream Team was not touching 08 on the perimeter at all beyond MJ and Pip.

Chris Mullin and a 30 year old Clyde Drexler was supposed to guard Kobe/Melo/Wade?

If Stockton could guard guys like Kevin Johnson, Isaiah Thomas and prime Tim Hardaway, he probably could hold his own against Deron and CP3. He was all-defense multiple years too.

PiP Could handle Bron.

Michael could handle KOBE.

Whos going to handle the bigs on the 92 team? Whos going to handle Magic?

They definitely have the edge on the inside but as soon as 08 goes small they getting run off the floor.

Would love to see Ewing/Admiral going up against 08 Dwight who was one of the greatest athletes/rim protectors we've seen at the 5.

If Stockton could guard guys like Kevin Johnson, Isaiah Thomas and prime Tim Hardaway, he probably could hold his own against Deron and CP3. He was all-defense multiple years too.

Cp3 is better than all those guys you just named, by a significant margin too.

Another aspect would be the mental edge. MIKE AND PIP would get in that mentality like against KUKOC and lock people up :lol:

you think the GOAT will let them lose?? Naw, I got my money on 92'

Last edited:
I can say the same thing about you thinking Dwight could come close to handling Robinson or Ewing.

Not if you're being objective you can't. :lol:

Maybe you don't remember the level of player Dwight was at the time.

Last edited:

All-Defensive Second Team (1989, '91, '92, '95, '97) is not stopping CP3 and company. He would have been done that first half

Back
Top Bottom