*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Pretty sure nobody in their right mind would.

Y'all will see.

CP3 is his only peer when we talking about guys who passed as well with as much usage and even he only had one season in 09' where he was at Russ level.

Last edited:
Y'all will see.

CP3 is his only peer when we talking about guys who passed as well with as much usage and even he only had one season in 09' where he was at Russ level.

What "level" are you talking about? Is it just based on assist percentage? Because my opinion on this based on more than just stats. Russ has been in the league for 8 years and I've watched him play a lot. Based on that, I don't see the same vision/passing ability in him as I saw in the other all-time great passers or CP. I don't think anything that happens after this is going to convert me.

Yea, I'm not quite sure on what level you're talking about awwsome :lol: . When I think of Russ, one of the last things that come to mind is how great of a passer he is or how great his court vision is. I don't see Russ as the type to make the "best play" the majority of time on offense and I think that's what set guards with elite court vision/passing away from players like Russ.

What "level" are you talking about? Is it just based on assist percentage? Because my opinion on this based on more than just stats. Russ has been in the league for 8 years and I've watched him play a lot. Based on that, I don't see the same vision/passing ability in him as I saw in the other all-time great passers or CP. I don't think anything that happens after this is going to convert me.

Players progress, if you watched him the past 2 seasons and don't believe he's one of the best passers in the league than idk what to tell you.

He's been historically good, nobody with his level of usage has ever assited at the rate he has. Don't know how many times I have to say before y'all understand.

Yea those other guys came into the game as great passers but Russ made himself into one.

You talking what are we basing it on other than stats. :lol:

Idk if you really been watching him.

Y'all are confusing his borderline schizophrenic shot selection with his passing ability when the two are mutually exclusive.

Like I said, if he changed his shot selection he could break the record for assist%, it's all there.

Russ not even the best passer in the league , def not even close to being an all time great passer ...ast % :lol:

Last edited:
Russ not even the best passer in the league , def not even close to being an all time great passer ...ast % :lol:

Educate yourself because your opinion is wrong. :lol:

Only passer today you can say is better is Chris Paul and he's top 5 all time himself.

Y'all sound crazy, idk what Russ y'all have been watching these past 2 years.

Last edited:

Educate yourself because your opinion is wrong. :lol:

Only passer today you can say is better is Chris Paul and he's top 5 all time himself.

Y'all sound crazy, idk what Russ y'all have been watching these past 2 years.
My opinion is wrong :lol: ...just put the calculator down for once mane, stats got u lookin crazy out chea

You went from the "everybody is gon flourish n be a star" guy to the " my calculations and advanced stats n figures " dude :smh:

Last edited:
My opinion is wrong :lol: ...just put the calculator down for once mane, stats got u lookin crazy out chea

You went from the "everybody is gon flourish n be a star" guy to the " my calculations and advanced stats n figures " dude :smh:

If backing up my opinions with data makes me look crazy than how does spouting opinions that aren't based in fact or data make you look?

Don't need a calculator, we not even digging that deep.

Find me another PG with the usage of a shooting guard that passes at the same level, you can't because what Russ is doing is unprecedented.

I think Wall has better vision than Russ. I'm not too big on assist numbers being an indicator of great passing, at least not the sole reason.

We not talking about raw assist #'s, we talking assist % which is the best metric you can use to calculate a players real ability to create offense for his team.

Wall not touching Russ.

Wall is 3rd behind him and CP3, he's still on the edge of history, his last two seasons been at the low end of the top 50 of all time.

Russ just had a far higher assist % with a lower TO %, it's only him not to mention everything else he brings.

It's only him and Chris Paul that should be compared in the game today.

Last edited:
Awwsome's correct.

I think the hang up ppl have with that fact is that firstly he wasn't a great PG from day 1 and secondly ppl can't separate his passing ability from the awful shots he's taken his entire career.

But when it comes to.manufacturing easy looks for his teammates, only Chris Paul does it better.

So yes, that means I have him in front of Wall, Bron, Harden, Rondo, Rubio, etc

Last edited:
I'm sorry...this is one of those things that advanced stats can't tell me **** about. Westbrook is not in the same stratosphere as some of the elite passers of all time. Saying he's even close to being the best ever is really bizarre to me.

Players progress, if you watched him the past 2 seasons and don't believe he's one of the best passers in the league than idk what to tell you.

I thought we were talking about him being one of the best passers ever. Not just in the league currently. Those are two different discussions. There's no denying he's one of the best assist-men in the league right now. But ranking him with the best passers of all time? No.

He doesn't see/use angles, anticipate where guys will be, hit teammates in the right spot, etc. like all the other all-timers that have been mentioned. No stats are going to change my mind about that.

I wasted too much time on this
laugh.gif

Build Your Own Dream Team

Paul/Curry/Lebron/Durant/Boogie

86%

Gonna go back at it
laugh.gif
No International Melo....I dont know

Curry/Russ/KD/LeBron/Boogie

Didnt think it got any better than that.. Maybe swap Boogie for AD..

Included all the Clippers for ***** and giggles, plus KD and Klay:

CP3
DJ
Blake
KD
Klay

50.8% :frown: :lol:

"Your vision is yours and yours alone. But with the right changes, you could get the last laugh. Just channel your inner Danny Ainge, circa 2007."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom