*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Awwsome originally said Russ is one of the best passers EVER :lol:.

That **** plays exactly like a Myplayer. Stay hunter

When are we going to take account turnovers? Or is ATO not a convieneint enough stat?

Awwsome originally said Russ is one of the best passers EVER :lol:.

That **** plays exactly like a Myplayer. Stay hunter

When are we going to take account turnovers? Or is ATO not a convieneint enough stat?

Yea he's one of the best passers of all time considering he had the 18th best passing season just last year and the only people up there with him are Stockton/Nash/CP3/Peak Rondo.

Even Magic Johnson's best season doesn't match what Russ did last year, he had a similar Assist% but way higher Turnovers than Russ.

He has a lower TOV % than anybody in his realm besides CP3.

Better than Wall who is the only close to those two.

Once again, y'all think your eye test = facts when that simply isn't the case.

I don't care about none of y'all opinions unless you can actually back something up with fact or data instead of "well I watch a lot of him and I see this".

Yea I can guarantee I'm watching as much basketball as any of y'all so that means nothing.

All this "stat hunter" stuff when he's the biggest offensive force in the league sans Curry by all measures.

He better hunt stats because he gives his team a better chance to win.

Last edited:

Yea he's one of the best passers of all time considering he had the 18th best passing season just last year and the only people up there with him are Stockton/Nash/CP3/Peak Rondo.

Even Magic Johnson's best season doesn't match what Russ did last year, he had a similar Assist% but way higher Turnovers than Russ.

He has a lower TOV % than anybody in his realm besides CP3.

Better than Wall who is the only close to those two.

Once again, y'all think your eye test = facts when that simply isn't the case.

I don't care about none of y'all opinions unless you can actually back something up with fact or data instead of "well I watch a lot of him and I see this".

Yea I can guarantee I'm watching as much basketball as any of y'all so that means nothing.

All this "stat hunter" stuff when he's the biggest offensive force in the league sans Curry by all measures.

He better hunt stats because he gives his team a better chance to win.

So he just had the 18th best passing season ever....but he's "one of the best passers of all time"...

You're not in the convo of "best passers ever" if you're best season has you at 18th of all time. That's at the bottom end of 20. Best is when you're in that top 5 convo.

And consistency HAS to count. Russ is entering his 9th season........ When you say "so and so" is the best passer of all time...I better se a consistent track record of that, and mind blowing stats to back that up. Not cherry picking a few seasons that are the "18th BEST"

:lol:

So he just had the 18th best passing season ever....but he's "one of the best passers of all time"...

You're not in the convo of "best passers ever" if you're best season has you at 18th of all time. That's at the bottom end of 20. Best is when you're in that top 5 convo.

And consistency HAS to count. Russ is entering his 9th season........ When you say "so and so" is the best passer of all time...I better se a consistent track record of that, and mind blowing stats to back that up. Not cherry picking a few seasons that are the "18th BEST"

:lol:

I broke down why he's only 18th.

Only Stockton/Paul/Nash and Rondo in 2012 have had better seasons.

All of them besides Paul had a way lower usage % which enabled them to get more assists. Not to mention Nash was playing 5 more possessions than Russ during those peak Suns years when he had those #'s.

They also all had much higher turnover %'s than Russ did, bigger than the difference in assist % they had on him.

So yea, him being 18th all things considering is actually even more impressive when context is provided.

You say you can't be in the best passers ever convo if you're not in the top 5? :lol:

Guess Magic, Kidd, Zeke, Mark Jackson, Lebron can't be in the convo because only two of them even have top 50.

Now with consistency you have a point, it's only his second year playing at this level but I just think that's a function of him finally figuring it out and actually having an NBA level coach now.

He's in the middle of his prime, he's only going to get more effecient. Most of the best passers had their best seasons age 30 and beyond besides Chris. Nash didn't even reach Russ level until he was 34.

Russ ain't even there yet, that gives him two more years of producing at a rate that outpaces anybody else.

He also did it 2014-2015 playing with ******* Dion Waiters, Andre Roberson and pre glo up Steven Adams.

So yeah even if his career ended today he'd have to go down as one of the best passers if you look at the game from a calculated view and he has a chance sans injury to be the best passer.

^^^ Why does having a lower usage rate enable someone to get more assists? If a particular player has the ball more, doesn't it create more of an opportunity for that player to get assists?

^^^ Why does having a lower usage rate enable someone to get more assists? If a particular player has the ball more, doesn't it create more of an opportunity for that player to get assists?

Usage =/= amount of possessions.

Those other guys have the ball just as much as Russ they just aren't also as involved as scorers.

If you're shooting less of course you're going to pass more especially if you still have just as many possessions.

Like I said, Nash had even more possessions than Russ to work with in his prime with the Suns just because of their pace.

Another thing I love to do just for fun is look up what Russ #'s would've been if he played in the 80's with their pace.

Last year woulda been 33/11/15. :x :lol:

Last edited:
I broke down why he's only 18th.

Only Stockton/Paul/Nash and Rondo in 2012 have had better seasons.

All of them besides Paul had a way lower usage % which enabled them to get more assists. Not to mention Nash was playing 5 more possessions than Russ during those peak Suns years when he had those #'s.

They also all had much higher turnover %'s than Russ did, bigger than the difference in assist % they had on him.

So yea, him being 18th all things considering is actually even more impressive when context is provided.

You say you can't be in the best passers ever convo if you're not in the top 5? :lol:

Guess Magic, Kidd, Zeke, Mark Jackson, Lebron can't be in the convo because only two of them even have top 50.

Now with consistency you have a point, it's only his second year playing at this level but I just think that's a function of him finally figuring it out and actually having an NBA level coach now.

He's in the middle of his prime, he's only going to get more effecient. Most of the best passers had their best seasons age 30 and beyond besides Chris. Nash didn't even reach Russ level until he was 34.

Russ ain't even there yet, that gives him two more years of producing at a rate that outpaces anybody else.

He also did it 2014-2015 playing with ******* Dion Waiters, Andre Roberson and pre glo up Steven Adams.

So yeah even if his career ended today he'd have to go down as one of the best passers if you look at the game from a calculated view and he has a chance sans injury to be the best passer.

My initial point still stands. Stockton, Paul and Nash are all considered 3 of the best passers of all time.

And to my second point....you should preface your argument saying Russ could end up being one of the best passers ever if he continues at his current pace. Russ is "one of the best passers ever" is wrong...because career and consistency has to be taken into account.

You can't call somebody the best at something they haven't done yet. That doesn't make sense.

Usage =/= amount of possessions.

Those other guys have the ball just as much as Russ they just aren't also as involved as scorers.

If you're shooting less of course you're going to pass more especially if you still have just as many possessions.

All right. But, to me, the fact that he also scores a lot doesn't make his assist numbers more impressive. He just plays the PG position in a completely different way than most of the other guys we're talking about.

Watching Russ turn down open layups in the first qtr...to kick the ball to Roberson for a 3 is hilarious to watch.

Again, dude plays like a my player. That's why he's always a step behind.

You don't even need to hunt for assists in myplayer. Computer always doubles.

Play on a team with enough shooters and it's easier than me on a sunday morning.

What if Russ plays 19 seasons and about 60% of the time he's not passing at all but the other 40% he had decent assist %...would that be enough to consider him goat passer?

You don't even need to hunt for assists in myplayer. Computer always doubles.

Play on a team with enough shooters and it's easier than me on a sunday morning.
I quit playing because it was so easy to pull off 10-15 assists by the half.

Russ is my favorite player but saying he's a better passer than Kidd means your on drugs :rofl:

My assisst percentage would look great too if I player next to one of the two or three most gifted scorers of all-time

What if Russ plays 19 seasons and about 60% of the time he's not passing at all but the other 40% he had decent assist %...would that be enough to consider him goat passer?
Brb let me run my projections and get back to you...I don't even have to wait and see the games :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom