*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

yall remember when Melo dunked on killed Scola and some other Argentine in the 2007 FIBA America's tournament? :lol:

I've said it in several different threads, and I'll say it again: Melo is incredible in the international stage.

He may not be as explosive as he once was, but his game has certainly aged well. He did shoot poorly from the 3 last night, but he had a very solid game. There's no surprise seeing him lead the team in scoring.

:x at the thought of him actually be "on" and making even 1/3rd of his 3's. He would've finished with 25 points on 6 FTA. Speaking of which, he's going to the line often as well.

This summer is his time to shine. Honestly, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. He's the leader of the team and he certainly has everyone's respect.

Last edited:
Carmelo is better on the international stage because he is best suited as a complimentary piece rather than being the guy. Carmelo can play within his own natural flow this way thus making him a better player.

I think USA should just limit the age for Olympic play to like 23/24.

Send the young guys and let them get that experience.

Older established players really don't need to be out there.

I'm sure it feels dope to win a gold medal and have the Olympic experience and all that but I think Jabari Parker gets a lot more out playing in the Olympics than Jimmy Butler.

Agreed. And that's how it was until we lost in 1988. Of course, back then, none of the players on the Olympic team were pros yet. But good players were typically staying in college 3 or 4 years, so it was still guys in their early 20s. I'd like to see that again. We've established that we're close to untouchable when we send our best guys (or even our 2nd and 3rd best guys). I'd rather see competitiveness than total dominance now.

By the way, I saw this morning that Melo felt compelled to apologize to Vanessa Carlton for looking grumpy when his teammates were doing a poor rendition of her song. The things people have to apologize for these days . . . :smh:

Listening to this podcast (Lockdown) if USA could only bring players of the age of  30+ to Rio this year who do you think will make the team?

And do they win gold?

Last edited:
mean.gif
 the question was players that are 33 years and older. Mayne it's been a long day at the office.

Got you. They'd win gold. EASILY.

Bron
Melo
Cp3
Redick
Milsap
Dwight
Bosh
Wade
Aldridge
Iggy
Korver
D Will
Basically everyone I thought of, minus Reddick...who I wouldn't include. For obvious reasons, but also because you wouldn't really need him with Korver and I think you could find someone else.

Pretty sure the 2004 team was on a ship too. They were dealing with fears of terrorism in Greece.

Basically everyone I thought of, minus Reddick...who I wouldn't include. For obvious reasons, but also because you wouldn't really need him with Korver and I think you could find someone else.

What obvious reasons would you NOT include Redick? Redick is a better player than Korver.

I don't think you realize JJ just came off a season where he averaged 16ppg on 48/48/89 Splits :x

Last edited:
What obvious reasons would you NOT include Redick? Redick is a better player than Korver.

I don't think you realize JJ just came off a season where he averaged 16ppg on 48/48/89 Splits :x

The obvious reason of my avatar, my dude. It was a joke.

Yes he's become a solid pro.

Just copped some BHM's for $185 maybe I could have waited but they are drying up. 5 extra dollars to a different seller with a box. I'm still mad FTL sent me a beat up pair but it is what it is. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom