*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

you get my point
I really don't though my dude 
laugh.gif

So if Kobe played in the east w/o shaq does he end up with 5 titles? 

So, the 2016 USA Basketball thread turned into a Kobe v. LeBron, then Kobe v. T-Mac debate? Didn't see that coming . . . but I probably should have . . .
Every basketball thread turns into this lol. Don't forget Jordan v. Lebron also.

I actually found this thread to see what people though of the wins over China. The number was impressive but I saw a lot of flaws that the USA needs to work out. Against China they can win very easily but against some of the other teams (specifically Spain) not so much.

I really don't though my dude :lol:

So if Kobe played in the east w/o shaq does he end up with 5 titles? 

not the first 3, no way the entire west was waaaay too strong.

But damn those individual statistics would have been crazy

Last edited:
WHAT???? The league is the most competitive its ever been...NOW???

nahhhh, maybe the softest.
It really is man. There's a ton of all time greats everywhere you look essentially. Much harder to win in this climate than in the 90's. It's lowkey why what the warriors have done has been so mindblowing.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

In fact, I don't think he was close to an all world defender during this period. 

You wrong on this.

I just watched the '01 finals recently....and the job Kobe did on AI was masterful.

Even in game 1 where AI had 48...Kobe played some brilliant defense. He was definitely a good defender in his prime.

Any of the average west teams had more talent than the 7 years of help he had with Cleveland

Would have loved to see him play with better talent earlier in his career

There really is nothing to talk about in regards to USA basketball man, especially not right now

Like...y'all really care about the 2016 basketball olympics? We already know what's going to happen 
laugh.gif
 Hopefully when they get to rio I'm wrong, but I doubt it. 

Every basketball thread turns into this lol. Don't forget Jordan v. Lebron also.

I actually found this thread to see what people though of the wins over China. The number was impressive but I saw a lot of flaws that the USA needs to work out. Against China they can win very easily but against some of the other teams (specifically Spain) not so much.

We should suspend all Bron vs Jordan debates for the next 4/5 years to see if Bron can at least close the championship gap.

Going to be a lot harder now that KD did the **** ****.

You wrong on this.

I just watched the '01 finals recently....and the job Kobe did on AI was masterful.

Even in game 1 where AI had 48...Kobe played some brilliant defense. He was definitely a good defender in his prime.
More so leaning to 03, and 04 onward in regards to when Mac was really at his peak.

There really is nothing to talk about in regards to USA basketball man, especially not right now

Like...y'all really care about the 2016 basketball olympics? We already know what's going to happen :lol:  Hopefully when they get to rio I'm wrong, but I doubt it. 

Exactly. :lol:

Plus I gotta get my takes off somewhere since Meth not letting me back in the official thread.

More so leaning to 03, and 04 onward in regards to when Mac was really at his peak.

Yup.

Kobe was the real deal on defense especially when he had the Fro but that stopped very early in his career.

Yet let ****** tell it, he was this lock down defender for years like they wasn't just giving him All NBA Defense as a formality.

Nah man, I feel guys in the league are more buddy buddy, more cordial....witch makes for less hostile competition....

doods ******* hated each other in the 70's and 80's, there was no friends no super teams, doods literally going at each others neck.

That climate alone just raises the level of competition...

Like when you play with your friends and acquaintances 3 on 3....its can get pretty competitive and everyone wants to win..... but at the same time nothing too crazy

now if you were to play 3 random *** doods from another hood....your playing with a different intensity....right????

Thats how I see the league now compared to the 70's and 80s

I agree in terms of athleticism and individual talents, the leagues is the best in that regard

Last edited:
I remember when Phil first got to LA and Kobe was literally GP like, hounding opposing PG's almost full length of the court at times, but after I'd say 2001 that changed big time.

Don't let the old timers fool you.

Magic and Isiah kissing before the game but I know, such tough guys back then.

I remember when Phil first got to LA and Kobe was literally GP like, hounding opposing PG's almost full length of the court at times, but after I'd say 2001 that changed big time.

Dude had unlimited energy back then. :lol:

**** was unreal.

What about bird vs everybody? Machale types, rodman types, charles oakley types, zo mourning types....

these competitors dont even exist in the L anymore, its hella safe for doods out there today

Stephon Curry is an amazing talent, one of the best baskletball players in the world today

but 20 years ago, I don't know if dood would have been an all star

Players like Mac, KD, LJ, A.I, Kob, KG thier games stands the test of time......alot of these stars today are lucky to be playing the NBA today.

Last edited:
lmao

Steph playing back in the day would be like aliens coming to earth with technology we could have never imagined.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom