*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

wait...

we talking 2007-08 or 2008-09?

i'll assume 07-08. how was lebron wet behind the ears? :lol:

Last edited:
bron didnt become the best til 2012 when he finally stopped being afraid of the post. You can't be the best and have huge, visible weaknesses and flaws in your game. You can't be the best and not be able to close out Dallas, wth another superstar on your team. Sorry, no.

Last edited:
bron didnt become the best til 2012 when he finally stopped being afraid of the post. You can't be the best and not be able to close out Dallas, wth another superstar on your team. Sorry, no.

Lebron had one hell of a stretch run in 08-09. He was definitely the best well before 2012.

'07-'08 Kobe was: 28/6/5 on 46/36/84
'07-'08 Bron was: 30/8/7 on 48/31/71

Awwsome going to sit here and tell me Kobe was only better than Bron during Bron's rookie year....like Bron didn't enter the league in 03....didn't make the playoffs til '05...and like '05-'10 Kobe didn't happen...where he won an MVP, 2 FMVP's, averaged 35ppg...scored 81, won 2 chips, was an elite defender and beat the same Celtics and Magic that Bron lost to en route to said championships.

This is coming from a Kobe hater too :lol:. I can't front on him during that time. He had it.

Bron been the best from 2010-2015

Last edited:
I'm conflicted in this argument.

I do think LeBron was the better basketball player in 2008, but Kobe had the "it factor" that is unquantifiable, but apparent.

Last edited:
I'm conflicted in this argument.

I do think LeBron was the better basketball player in 2008, but Kobe had the "it factor" that is unquantifiable, but apparent.

Bron was the most talented....just like Jordan from 84-88..

But Bird and Magic were the best players at the time.

Bron was the most talented....just like Jordan from 84-88..

But Bird and Magic were the best players at the time.

No, Bird and Magic had better teams.

Jordan was still the better player, you put him on those Celtics or Lakers teams with 3+ HOF'ers and he he has 10 rings instead of 6.

It's a easy concept, I don't see why y'all can't get it.

No, Bird and Magic had better teams.

Jordan was still the better player, you put him on those Celtics or Lakers teams with 3+ HOF'ers and he he has 10 rings instead of 6.

It's a easy concept, I don't see why y'all can't get it.

Stahp the hyperbole. You always take things to the extreme.

I see parallels between Giannis and LeBron and get pumped because I think Giannis has an unbelievably high ceiling. Then I realize that when LeBron was 2 years older than Giannis is now he was averaging 30/8/7/2/1 and I shake my head. LeBron had better numbers at age 23 than Kobe did at 28. Blows my mind.

'07-'08 Kobe was: 28/6/5 on 46/36/84
'07-'08 Bron was: 30/8/7 on 48/31/71

Awwsome going to sit here and tell me Kobe was only better than Bron during Bron's rookie year....like Bron didn't enter the league in 03....didn't make the playoffs til '05...and like '05-'10 Kobe didn't happen...where he won an MVP, 2 FMVP's, averaged 35ppg...scored 81, won 2 chips, was an elite defender and beat the same Celtics and Magic that Bron lost to en route to said championships.

This is coming from a Kobe hater too :lol:. I can't front on him during that time. He had it.

Bron been the best from 2010-2015

All that stuff is cool but he just hasn't been a better basketball player than Bron beyond his first year.

He literally smashes him in every category besides scoring which is irrelevant because Bron was creating more offense anyway.

Just compare them after Bron's rookie year, like I said it's not close.

Kobe's peak was never even elite as all the guys I named before, he just had a lot of longevity which is admirable.

I'll be the first to say when I drift there but not now.

Just truth.

Not trying to upset The Church Of Kobe/ The Bean Brigade but it's true.

Your opinion doesn't make it true, and you literally do this all the time.

I see parallels between Giannis and LeBron and get pumped because I think Giannis has an unbelievably high ceiling. Then I realize that when LeBron was 2 years older than Giannis is now he was averaging 30/8/7/2/1 and I shake my head. LeBron had better numbers at age 23 than Kobe did at 28. Blows my mind.

Man listen. :lol:

I did this exact same thing when I was getting excited about Giannis last year.

Plugged his #'s in and while he still projects to be a superstar in 2/3 years, Bron was already what we could want from peak Giannis at an age where he coulda still been in college.

^^^Jabari is the real prize in Milwuakee. He's going to be better than Giannis.

He's the Future of Team USA :pimp:.

So, I just want to clarify...

Judging by the analogy...

you can be the best player in the NBA, but not quite the best because another player's team is better?

^^^Jabari is the real prize in Milwuakee. He's going to be better than Giannis.

He's the Future of Team USA :pimp:.

Not after what I saw in real training camp :x

Last edited:
Na Bari doesn't project to better than Giannis at anything besides mid range shooting.

Giannis is a 7 foot PG who can switch 1-4, don't even have to say anything after that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom