[Update] Lorenzen Wright Found Dead...

http://www.wreg.com/news/...ce-story,0,4771914.story

During the search for Lorenzen Wright, investigators in Collierville said Sherra Wright told them she last saw her husband as he left her Collierville home at 2am on Monday, July 19th.

But police say a 911 call received from Wright's cell phone two hours earlier led them to the area where the basketball star's body was found.

To believe accounts given to investigators is to believe Lorenzen Wright was in two places at once.

The conflicting stories make no sense to Wright's mother.

"It's crazy anyway," said Deborah Marion Tuesday afternoon. "The whole, whole thing is just crazy."

The attorney representing Sherra Wright doesn't see any discrepancy in the stories.

"I don't know what was said in that regard," explained defense attorney Coleman Garrett. "I haven't talked to her about what was said in that regard, of what time she said. It was my understanding she gave an approximate time because it was in the middle of the night and she wasn't sure what time it was."

It appears Sherra Wright won't be explaining it to investigators.

Garrett says she has not made any statements to Memphis police since Wright's body was found, and that she won't be in the future.

He says his client has nothing to hide, but also nothing to add to the investigation.

"It's all well and good to say that if she has nothing to hide," said Garrett, "but then you get put in a situation where everybody's going to have an opinion and analyze the statements to whether you're telling the truth or not and there's no end to that."

He says Sherra Wright is focused on the welfare of her six children who are now left without a father.

Garrett confirms that police searched Sherra Wright's home on Sunday, but he denies knowing what detectives were looking for.

He also acknowledges the rumors and speculation swirling about his client, but doesn't hesitate when asked if she was involved in Wright's killing.

"No, absolutely not," Garrett said emphatically, "Absolutely not."

Lorenzen Wright's family will hold a private memorial service tonight.

His step-father says the family will talk about many of the questions surrounding the investigation once services wrap-up.

http://www.wreg.com/news/...ce-story,0,4771914.story

During the search for Lorenzen Wright, investigators in Collierville said Sherra Wright told them she last saw her husband as he left her Collierville home at 2am on Monday, July 19th.

But police say a 911 call received from Wright's cell phone two hours earlier led them to the area where the basketball star's body was found.

To believe accounts given to investigators is to believe Lorenzen Wright was in two places at once.

The conflicting stories make no sense to Wright's mother.

"It's crazy anyway," said Deborah Marion Tuesday afternoon. "The whole, whole thing is just crazy."

The attorney representing Sherra Wright doesn't see any discrepancy in the stories.

"I don't know what was said in that regard," explained defense attorney Coleman Garrett. "I haven't talked to her about what was said in that regard, of what time she said. It was my understanding she gave an approximate time because it was in the middle of the night and she wasn't sure what time it was."

It appears Sherra Wright won't be explaining it to investigators.

Garrett says she has not made any statements to Memphis police since Wright's body was found, and that she won't be in the future.

He says his client has nothing to hide, but also nothing to add to the investigation.

"It's all well and good to say that if she has nothing to hide," said Garrett, "but then you get put in a situation where everybody's going to have an opinion and analyze the statements to whether you're telling the truth or not and there's no end to that."

He says Sherra Wright is focused on the welfare of her six children who are now left without a father.

Garrett confirms that police searched Sherra Wright's home on Sunday, but he denies knowing what detectives were looking for.

He also acknowledges the rumors and speculation swirling about his client, but doesn't hesitate when asked if she was involved in Wright's killing.

"No, absolutely not," Garrett said emphatically, "Absolutely not."

Lorenzen Wright's family will hold a private memorial service tonight.

His step-father says the family will talk about many of the questions surrounding the investigation once services wrap-up.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

scaled.php

Once Again, RIP
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

scaled.php

Once Again, RIP
frown.gif
This is horrible. It makes me sad for his children. RIP. I guess money is not the answer to everything. Even someone with so much money cant avoid violence what a sad world we live in.

Originally Posted by RoOk

scaled.php

Once Again, RIP
frown.gif
This is horrible. It makes me sad for his children. RIP. I guess money is not the answer to everything. Even someone with so much money cant avoid violence what a sad world we live in.

http://www.ajc.com/news/l...ying-mystery-589570.html

Metro Atlanta / State News 9:19 a.m. Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lorenzen Wright slaying mystery deepens

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The ex-wife of Lorenzen Wright has told police he left her house the night of his death with a box of drugs and an unknown amount of cash, the Commercial Appeal of Memphis is reporting, citing court records.

Sherra Wright told detectives that Wright talked to someone on the phone before he left with the drugs and money.

"During the conversation with the unidentified individual, Sherra Wright told Det. Young she heard Lorenzen Wright say he was going to flip something for $110,000," a police affidavit obtained by the newspaper says.

Shortly after that call on July 18, Wright left the home in a vehicle driven by an unidentified person, Sherra Wright told police.

Shortly after that call on July 18, Wright left the home in a vehicle driven by an unidentified person, Sherra Wright told police.

The former NBA player was reported missing a few days later. On July 28, he was found shot to death in a wooded area in southeast Memphis. According to the Commercial Appeal, as many as a dozen gunshots can be heard on the 911 call made from a cell phone in Wright's possession.

Wright's 13-year career included two stints with the Atlanta Hawks, and he had a home in the Atlanta area.

Last week's memorial service for Wright, a Memphis native, drew 3,000 fans and friends to the FedEx Forum in Memphis. Wright's six children each wore a different team hat from his career.

The 6-11 power forward known as "Ren" was remembered as a devoted father and community hero.

Memphis Police Lt. Alan Ruhl told the Commercial Appeal that the investigation is developing.

"We are awaiting the examination of several articles of evidence by various sources," he said. "Lorenzen Wright's extensive travels have required that homicide investigators conduct interviews in jurisdictions which are well outside of Memphis.

"This course of interviewing and developing evidence is not unique to the Wright investigation. The MPD homicide bureau is going to great lengths to bring justice to Lorenzen Wright and his loved ones, as we do in every other investigation."

http://www.ajc.com/news/l...ying-mystery-589570.html

Metro Atlanta / State News 9:19 a.m. Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lorenzen Wright slaying mystery deepens

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The ex-wife of Lorenzen Wright has told police he left her house the night of his death with a box of drugs and an unknown amount of cash, the Commercial Appeal of Memphis is reporting, citing court records.

Sherra Wright told detectives that Wright talked to someone on the phone before he left with the drugs and money.

"During the conversation with the unidentified individual, Sherra Wright told Det. Young she heard Lorenzen Wright say he was going to flip something for $110,000," a police affidavit obtained by the newspaper says.

The former NBA player was reported missing a few days later. On July 28, he was found shot to death in a wooded area in southeast Memphis. According to the Commercial Appeal, as many as a dozen gunshots can be heard on the 911 call made from a cell phone in Wright's possession.

Wright's 13-year career included two stints with the Atlanta Hawks, and he had a home in the Atlanta area.

Last week's memorial service for Wright, a Memphis native, drew 3,000 fans and friends to the FedEx Forum in Memphis. Wright's six children each wore a different team hat from his career.

The 6-11 power forward known as "Ren" was remembered as a devoted father and community hero.

Memphis Police Lt. Alan Ruhl told the Commercial Appeal that the investigation is developing.

"We are awaiting the examination of several articles of evidence by various sources," he said. "Lorenzen Wright's extensive travels have required that homicide investigators conduct interviews in jurisdictions which are well outside of Memphis.

"This course of interviewing and developing evidence is not unique to the Wright investigation. The MPD homicide bureau is going to great lengths to bring justice to Lorenzen Wright and his loved ones, as we do in every other investigation."

The ex-wife sure has a vivid memory all of a sudden.

Based on the time laspe from when Lorenzen's call was made and his body was found it's going to be hard to gather evidence to solve his murder I believe.

Based on the time laspe from when Lorenzen's call was made and his body was found it's going to be hard to gather evidence to solve his murder I believe.

^^^^^^^Soooooooo the wife is now saying this dude went to flip a bird and got caught up....so this dude was pushin weight according to the wife...? She may be telling the truth but I am still real suspicious of the role she played...

^^^^^^^Soooooooo the wife is now saying this dude went to flip a bird and got caught up....so this dude was pushin weight according to the wife...? She may be telling the truth but I am still real suspicious of the role she played...

Originally Posted by toine2983

i know right. Every week is something new and crucial out of her mouth

Back
Top Bottom