[Update] Lorenzen Wright Found Dead...

They found dude like a block from my crib... This %%%@ is crazy... Dude that works with me is Wright's uncle... Everyone really just wants answers... Can't imagine what the family is goin through... It's bad enough when a loved one is lost... but to have all this speculation is crazy...

They found dude like a block from my crib... This %%%@ is crazy... Dude that works with me is Wright's uncle... Everyone really just wants answers... Can't imagine what the family is goin through... It's bad enough when a loved one is lost... but to have all this speculation is crazy...

Damn, it seems like the ex really wasn't all that worried about Lorenzen's safety. Why would she put him in harm's way like that? He didn't really have any money so she wasn't after his dough. I hope it wasn't bitterness.

Six kids without a father...damn shame.

Damn, it seems like the ex really wasn't all that worried about Lorenzen's safety. Why would she put him in harm's way like that? He didn't really have any money so she wasn't after his dough. I hope it wasn't bitterness.

Six kids without a father...damn shame.

She knew SIX WEEKS ago that 3 men were after him, and she didn't say anything until a few days ago. i think if you truly loved him, she would of told him and had him leave town and move somewhere else.

She knew SIX WEEKS ago that 3 men were after him, and she didn't say anything until a few days ago. i think if you truly loved him, she would of told him and had him leave town and move somewhere else.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Seems to me that she is covering her tracks, if you will. "Oh by the way, there were three men here with guns a few weeks ago looking for Lorenzen....."
Thought the same thing. Like c'mon @!*!%...NOW you wanna mention this?

Something's definitely up.  IMO this is about more than money.  To blast a dude 12 times has some malice behind it, somebody wanted him dead!  The question now becomes who had the motive to get that pissed at him...

Seems to me that she is covering her tracks, if you will. "Oh by the way, there were three men here with guns a few weeks ago looking for Lorenzen....."

Something's definitely up.  IMO this is about more than money.  To blast a dude 12 times has some malice behind it, somebody wanted him dead!  The question now becomes who had the motive to get that pissed at him...

Originally Posted by ddot7

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the initial reports state that the police believed it to be an apparent suicide after his body was found? How the hell do they find someone shot 12 times and think it's suicide? At least state that it is being investigated, collecting evidence, inconclusive or something.

yea sounds like some dirty cop %%#+ cover up...

damn they really did dude dirty. he was prolly being chased...

Originally Posted by ddot7

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the initial reports state that the police believed it to be an apparent suicide after his body was found? How the hell do they find someone shot 12 times and think it's suicide? At least state that it is being investigated, collecting evidence, inconclusive or something.

yea sounds like some dirty cop %%#+ cover up...

damn they really did dude dirty. he was prolly being chased...

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Perhaps he was worht more dead than alive....

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Perhaps he was worht more dead than alive....

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12901202

VID in link....not sure exactly why this relative is screaming....

Woman questioned in Lorenzen Wright murder investigation; friend reacts to death

Posted: Jul 30, 2010 1:54 PM PDT
Updated: Jul 30, 2010 8:13 PM PDT
Video Gallery

Woman questioned in Wright investigation

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - While Lorenzen Wright's family mourns his violent death, they are expected to cooperate in the investigation of his murder. Friday, the investigation led homicide detectives to the home of Lorenzen Wright's father, Herb Wright.

Meanwhile, a lifelong friend of Wright, along with Wright's girlfriend, mourned the basketball star.

Police question woman

Just before 1:00 p.m. Friday, two Memphis police investigators, including Sergeant Kevin Lundy, along with a uniformed officer, arrived at Herb Wright's home.

Wright, who has been in a wheelchair since gunfire severed his spinal chord in 1983, came outside to greet officers. After a brief conversation, Wright let the officers into his home. The patrolman went in first, followed by the two investigators.

A few moments later, a woman's screams could be heard coming from inside the home. The tone was tearful, and blood curdling.

Within minutes, the investigators emerged. With them was a woman - a relative of Wright's, we're told - wearing a purple top and black pants.

Without handcuffs, the woman was placed in an unmarked police car and taken in for questioning. Her role in the investigation is unclear.

Also Friday, investigators examined surveillance video from businesses surrounding the barber shop Wright frequented, amid conflicting stories about whether Wright was there the day he died.

As friends and loved ones come to terms with Wright's death, many of them are being kept in the dark about the investigation.

Wright's lifelong friend and girlfriend react to his murder

Friday, Action News 5 spoke with Wright's girlfriend, and a lifelong friend he was living with in Atlanta.

In photos posted online, a smiling Lorenzen Wright posed in front of a web cam with his girlfriend, Alexis Bradley.

Bradley, who posted the photos to her Facebook page, said the photos were taken one day before Wright disappeared. The photos were later re-posted by Sportscasm.com.

By phone Friday, Action News 5 asked Bradley if she could talk about those final hours with her boyfriend.

"No ma'am, I really don't want to speak to the media," she replied. "I haven't done so at all, and I'm just continuing to not have anything to say."

But Wright's Atlanta roommate, Michael Gipson, did talk about what he's going through.

"I'm just hurting right now," he said. "I feel like I lost part of me, like I lost my brother, you know?"

Gipson, who knew Wright since he was nine, lived with him in an Atlanta suburb. He spoke with investigators when Wright disappeared.

"I've been trying to help them as much as I could," he said. "I just don't have any answers. Nobody does right now."

Gibson said the toughest part about grieving is hearing all the rumors that paint his lifelong friend in a bad light.

"Some of the stuff we're reading and hearing about, I can't see him getting him mixed up in something like that, but you know, I guess everything is going to come out pretty soon," he said.

"I'm hating that he's been tarnished like this, but my God, I don't know. "It's just awful."

Gipson said he speaks with Wright's mother daily, and will be traveling to Memphis in a couple of days. Neither Gipson or Alexis Bradley were aware of whether funeral arrangements for Wright have been finalized.

Copyright 2010 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12901202

VID in link....not sure exactly why this relative is screaming....

Woman questioned in Lorenzen Wright murder investigation; friend reacts to death

Posted: Jul 30, 2010 1:54 PM PDT
Updated: Jul 30, 2010 8:13 PM PDT
Video Gallery

Woman questioned in Wright investigation

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - While Lorenzen Wright's family mourns his violent death, they are expected to cooperate in the investigation of his murder. Friday, the investigation led homicide detectives to the home of Lorenzen Wright's father, Herb Wright.

Meanwhile, a lifelong friend of Wright, along with Wright's girlfriend, mourned the basketball star.

Police question woman

Just before 1:00 p.m. Friday, two Memphis police investigators, including Sergeant Kevin Lundy, along with a uniformed officer, arrived at Herb Wright's home.

Wright, who has been in a wheelchair since gunfire severed his spinal chord in 1983, came outside to greet officers. After a brief conversation, Wright let the officers into his home. The patrolman went in first, followed by the two investigators.

A few moments later, a woman's screams could be heard coming from inside the home. The tone was tearful, and blood curdling.

Within minutes, the investigators emerged. With them was a woman - a relative of Wright's, we're told - wearing a purple top and black pants.

Without handcuffs, the woman was placed in an unmarked police car and taken in for questioning. Her role in the investigation is unclear.

Also Friday, investigators examined surveillance video from businesses surrounding the barber shop Wright frequented, amid conflicting stories about whether Wright was there the day he died.

As friends and loved ones come to terms with Wright's death, many of them are being kept in the dark about the investigation.

Wright's lifelong friend and girlfriend react to his murder

Friday, Action News 5 spoke with Wright's girlfriend, and a lifelong friend he was living with in Atlanta.

In photos posted online, a smiling Lorenzen Wright posed in front of a web cam with his girlfriend, Alexis Bradley.

Bradley, who posted the photos to her Facebook page, said the photos were taken one day before Wright disappeared. The photos were later re-posted by Sportscasm.com.

By phone Friday, Action News 5 asked Bradley if she could talk about those final hours with her boyfriend.

"No ma'am, I really don't want to speak to the media," she replied. "I haven't done so at all, and I'm just continuing to not have anything to say."

But Wright's Atlanta roommate, Michael Gipson, did talk about what he's going through.

"I'm just hurting right now," he said. "I feel like I lost part of me, like I lost my brother, you know?"

Gipson, who knew Wright since he was nine, lived with him in an Atlanta suburb. He spoke with investigators when Wright disappeared.

"I've been trying to help them as much as I could," he said. "I just don't have any answers. Nobody does right now."

Gibson said the toughest part about grieving is hearing all the rumors that paint his lifelong friend in a bad light.

"Some of the stuff we're reading and hearing about, I can't see him getting him mixed up in something like that, but you know, I guess everything is going to come out pretty soon," he said.

"I'm hating that he's been tarnished like this, but my God, I don't know. "It's just awful."

Gipson said he speaks with Wright's mother daily, and will be traveling to Memphis in a couple of days. Neither Gipson or Alexis Bradley were aware of whether funeral arrangements for Wright have been finalized.

Copyright 2010 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Lost the link, but ESPN is scrolling it on their ticker too. They finally admitted to blowing it on that 911 call. They tried to call back and nobody answered. Now the report is you could hear ALL 12 shots in the background of the call. They "mishandled" it in that not only did they not react, they didn't even inform the investigators about the call or the shots until the 27th, 8 days later. It's also a big deal because the first 48hrs of a homicide are believed to be the critical period if it's going to be solved.

I think they need to go hard at his ex wife and Bobby Cole, since there are apparently no other leads and motives.

Lost the link, but ESPN is scrolling it on their ticker too. They finally admitted to blowing it on that 911 call. They tried to call back and nobody answered. Now the report is you could hear ALL 12 shots in the background of the call. They "mishandled" it in that not only did they not react, they didn't even inform the investigators about the call or the shots until the 27th, 8 days later. It's also a big deal because the first 48hrs of a homicide are believed to be the critical period if it's going to be solved.

I think they need to go hard at his ex wife and Bobby Cole, since there are apparently no other leads and motives.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Exactly.

There's no telling how much evidence could've been destroyed after that long period. Whomever the dispatcher was that answered the call needs to be disciplined. Anytime you hear something like that, you should always report it no matter what the case is. Also, its pretty dumb to not say anything when the next day he came up missing.

There's a reason why once MPD found out where the call was placed, they were able to find the body within hours. Searching Germantown (which isn't that big) doesn't take forever to do when the police is involved, but Germantown police kept their mouth closed for so long. Its like they were trying to find him themselves so they could get credit for it. Shameful, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom