Two iPhones in the works?

Nike Jordan

Supporter
http://tech.fortune.cnn.c...s-for-september-release/

Basically Apple has an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S (which will geared towards pre-paid users) in the works.

Spoiler [+]
Let me know if this is a late pass.
laugh.gif
I didn't see a thread about it.

If true, all the hypebeasts would eat it up with the quickness. smh.
laugh.gif

Personally, I won't buy another iPhone until 2015. You can't really even maximize its potential over here as it is.

a new MacBook Air on the other hand...
pimp.gif
Hopefully it doesn't delay the release of other Apple products.

laugh.gif

Personally, I won't buy another iPhone until 2015. You can't really even maximize its potential over here as it is.

pimp.gif

Note that analysts for some time have been calling for Apple to release a lower cost, pre-paid iPhone, and that Whitmore does not cite any sources or claim any inside knowledge for his two-iPhone theory.

Note that analysts for some time have been calling for Apple to release a lower cost, pre-paid iPhone, and that Whitmore does not cite any sources or claim any inside knowledge for his two-iPhone theory.

This rumor has been on and off for a while.

We will see what they do.  I find it hard to believe that they are going to be able to offer a Dual Core phone like the 4s at a reasonable price to tap into the cheaper market.  It is so they can challenge the cheaper andriod phones.  But there are real quality Andriod devices for 150-200.  If Apple releases the 4s around that price i will cop no doubt if the specs work out.

And i am assuming that means the 5 will be higher in price then the 4 was.  So if my options are a slimmer version of the 4s for 100-200 dollars more i think i will settle with the 4s.  I am however excited to see what they will do to separate the 5 from the 4s if these rumors are true other then just physical design.  Knowing apple the 4s will be the same as the 4 with just a different processor and ios5 and that is it.  They will save the upgraded camera for the 5 or something just to entice people to buy the more expensive one.  I am also waiting to hear about the Jailbreak situation of the new phones too before i purchase.

This rumor has been on and off for a while.

We will see what they do.  I find it hard to believe that they are going to be able to offer a Dual Core phone like the 4s at a reasonable price to tap into the cheaper market.  It is so they can challenge the cheaper andriod phones.  But there are real quality Andriod devices for 150-200.  If Apple releases the 4s around that price i will cop no doubt if the specs work out.

And i am assuming that means the 5 will be higher in price then the 4 was.  So if my options are a slimmer version of the 4s for 100-200 dollars more i think i will settle with the 4s.  I am however excited to see what they will do to separate the 5 from the 4s if these rumors are true other then just physical design.  Knowing apple the 4s will be the same as the 4 with just a different processor and ios5 and that is it.  They will save the upgraded camera for the 5 or something just to entice people to buy the more expensive one.  I am also waiting to hear about the Jailbreak situation of the new phones too before i purchase.

Awesome. I'm due a new one in 2 months so I was going to get a 4 - but if a new one is coming I would hold on a couple of months.

Awesome. I'm due a new one in 2 months so I was going to get a 4 - but if a new one is coming I would hold on a couple of months.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Even if they gave me one for free, I don't really feel like giving up my jailbroken phone b/c the new features aren't that exciting for me really.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Even if they gave me one for free, I don't really feel like giving up my jailbroken phone b/c the new features aren't that exciting for me really.

I'll probably just pick up the iphone 4 next month like I planned to. None of the info is concrete, it if it does drop, i'll just put mine up on craigslist and bite the bullet on the difference.

I'll probably just pick up the iphone 4 next month like I planned to. None of the info is concrete, it if it does drop, i'll just put mine up on craigslist and bite the bullet on the difference.

We all know there is bound to be a new one every year. I still find it laughable that people are so surprised when Apple releases info about releasing a new version of one of their products... Right on schedule as they do every year. Considering they tend to release their stuff with technology that's just about on the cusp of being outdated, it's not hard to predict the new specs. If we see anything more than 4G capability and an 8MP camera upgrade, then there may be something worth hooting and hollering over.

As far as the two phone theory, I'd expect it to be a means for raising the price on the normal iPhone line--which would suddenly become the premium iPhone line because of the addition of an economy model. The "cheaper" model would probably be $50 less than norm and the "premium" would likely be $50 more than the usual.

We all know there is bound to be a new one every year. I still find it laughable that people are so surprised when Apple releases info about releasing a new version of one of their products... Right on schedule as they do every year. Considering they tend to release their stuff with technology that's just about on the cusp of being outdated, it's not hard to predict the new specs. If we see anything more than 4G capability and an 8MP camera upgrade, then there may be something worth hooting and hollering over.

As far as the two phone theory, I'd expect it to be a means for raising the price on the normal iPhone line--which would suddenly become the premium iPhone line because of the addition of an economy model. The "cheaper" model would probably be $50 less than norm and the "premium" would likely be $50 more than the usual.

I need a new phone and have been leaning toward the iPhone 4 should I wait for the 5 to drop or will the difference be minimal at best?

Back
Top Bottom