TV Reboot Thread Vol. ALF

‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ Series Reboot With Original Cast Shopped To Networks

shutterstock_1547845a.jpg

Photo by Moviestore/REX/Shutterstock

https://deadline.com/2018/12/beverl...stin-green-and-gabrielle-carteris-1202524313/

‘90210’ Event Series With Original Cast Members Lands At Fox For Summer

https://deadline.com/2019/02/90210-...-date-beverly-hills-90210-reunion-1202566002/

:pimp: I'm down. One of the best shows of my childhood

I rewatch a few eps of bh 90210 on hulu. The ep where Dylan’s wife is gunned down by her own dad’s goons was sad.

Sandlot Sequel: 'The Sandlot' Returning for TV Series with Original Cast
v1.bjsyMTQ4MTAxO2o7MTgwMjQ7MTIwMDsxMTM2Ozg1Mg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/03/02/the-sandlot-tv-series-original-cast/3038950002/

"The Sandlot" boys are coming back.

Twenty-six years after the film's release, director David Mickey Evans revealed on a podcast that the original cast will return for a TV series that will serve as a sequel to the movie.

Evans told Cooperstown Kurt on The Rain Delay that the show will be on a streaming service, but he didn't say which one. He also said, according to Slashfilm, that the series will be set in 1984, 22 years after the film's 1962 setting.

If, somehow, you are unfamiliar with the movie, the plot is basically a group of neighborhood kids form a bond through baseball. There's a rival team, some teenage hijinks, a big scary dog, and an intimidating neighbor.

In the end, one of the boys, Benny 'The Jet' Rodriguez, makes the big leagues while another, Scotty Smalls, becomes the team's play-by-play man.

img_ap_film_the_sandlot__1_1_18k082fb_94691851.jpg

Patrick Renna as Hamilton "Ham" Porter in a scene from the 1993 film 'The Sandlot.' (Photo: 20th Century Fox via AP)

It's unclear where the TV series will take the story. Since it's reportedly 22 years later, the boys will now be men, perhaps with families. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
'Adult' Flintstones Reboot in the Works

flinstones-reboot.jpg

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Television Distribution

https://tvline.com/2019/07/11/flintstones-reboot-adult-animated-comedy-series/

Prepare to meet The Flintstones all over again. Warner Bros. Animation is working with Elizabeth Banks’ Brownstone Productions on an adult-skewing primetime animated comedy based on the classic cartoon series, TVLine’s sister publication Variety reports.

Hanna-Barbera’s original Flintstones — which followed the exploits of married cave-people Fred and Wilma Flintstone, along with their friends, offspring and enormous pets — aired on ABC from 1960 to 1966 for a total of 166 episodes. It was even the first animated show to be nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series at the Primetime Emmys in 1961.

More than 10 follow-up series and spinoffs aired in the following years, includingThe Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show (1971–1972) and The Flintstone Comedy Show(1981–1982). We’ve also seen the iconic characters reimagined in several live-action movies, with John Goodman and Elizabeth Perkins initially stepping into the roles of Fred and Wilma in 1994.

And this isn’t the first time the classic cave-dwelling family has attempted to return to television in recent years. Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane was given permission to develop a Flintstones reboot back in 2011, but the project never came to fruition.

Would you watch this latest attempt at an “adult” Flintstones reboot? Hit PLAY on the original series’ intro (and outro) below to get those nostalgic juices flowing, then drop a comment with your thoughts.

Night Court? Man....rather they bring back Quantum Leap. Think about the episodes they could do now with today’s much better CGI.
1608169329942.jpeg

I’d also love to see The Twilight Zone make a return for the same reason.

Nice to see this thread get bumped and since its been 2 years notice a lot of these alleged reboots weren't even made. Alf :lol: Living Single :lol:

Anyway, I need a Sliders reboot. Also a revival of The Outer Limits.

Night Court? Man....rather they bring back Quantum Leap. Think about the episodes they could do now with today’s much better CGI.
1608169329942.jpeg

I’d also love to see The Twilight Zone make a return for the same reason.
Ask and ye shall receive :lol:

Should only bump this thread every 2 years :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom