Transferring Colleges

I'm thinking of transferring to a different school.
Just wondering who else has done so, and if it was difficult or pretty easy...by that I mean the work of transferring (switching financial aid, etc.), not thetransition to the new school.

I did it. Spent all my life in NYC and needed a diff experience. Stayed in the city for a year then transferred to a school in MD.
Transition was cool. Financial Aid process was the easy, and I even got them to give me more money. Depending on where you transferring to and from yourcredits may or may not transfer tho. Only half of mine did

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

where do u go now?? it all depends on the school....and the requirements of the school ur transferring too
i go to school in north dakota right now
sick.gif

it's my 3rd year of the 5 year program, so i'm trying to decide if it's worth the troubles (if any) to transfer.

Harlem:

don't really enjoy it here i guess, wanna get back to minneapolis.

another thing is i'd be going to school in minneapolis, which is where i would prefer to be getting an internship, etc.

you have to check the dates on your FA

it is probably set up for your school's academic year, you would need to have your school basically shorten the loan period to get new loans...

some schools will and some wont, all depends

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Harlem:

don't really enjoy it here i guess, wanna get back to minneapolis.

another thing is i'd be going to school in minneapolis, which is where i would prefer to be getting an internship, etc.

YOu thinking of transferring Bro?

I did, after my sophmore year. As long as you are well adjusted, you will be fine. I am just starting to settle in to my new environment. I love my decisionthough.

i transferred way back in the day.

right after HS.. i went to a community college in so cal.. got me a 4.0 and transferred to cornell. it was pretty tough.. i had to stack my application major.

I mean happiness is key. My best friend is stuck at Gettysburg College and she hates it but missed her chance to leave. And it seems like ur main issue wouldbe credit transfer...try talking to their counselors and see what they can do for you. No point in you being their if u don't like it

And BreakinYourAnkles I
roll.gif
at at your comment

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

i transferred twice

be prepared to find out that a class you worked your %+@ off for only transfers at a 100 level
smh.gif

Where Did you end up might I ask?

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

I mean happiness is key. My best friend is stuck at Gettysburg College and she hates it but missed her chance to leave. And it seems like ur main issue would be credit transfer...try talking to their counselors and see what they can do for you. No point in you being their if u don't like it

And BreakinYourAnkles I
roll.gif
at at your comment
thanks. and
laugh.gif
damn, brakin is right though.

Tarvald Drama Chase wrote:

where do u go now?? it all depends on the school....and the requirements of the school ur transferring too
sick.gif

it's my 3rd year of the 5 year program, so i'm trying to decide if it's worth the troubles (if any) to transfer.

yikes...

I did it. Spent all my life in NYC and needed a diff experience. Stayed in the city for a year then transferred to a school in MD.
Transition was cool. Financial Aid process was the easy, and I even got them to give me more money. Depending on where you transferring to and from your credits may or may not transfer tho. Only half of mine did

Thats cuz u went from NYC to MD. What school in MD? Majority of credits in MD are easy to transfer, all mine did and I was able to continue to graduate ONTIME

sick.gif

I was about to laugh at this, but then I thought, meh, it's probably better than UNLV.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mFury

sick.gif

I was about to laugh at this, but then I thought, meh, it's probably better than UNLV.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
hellllllllllllll no, at least you're walking around in some nice weather. between -45-50degrees this week
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Transition was cool. Financial Aid process was the easy, and I even got them to give me more money. Depending on where you transferring to and from your credits may or may not transfer tho. Only half of mine did

Thats cuz u went from NYC to MD. What school in MD? Majority of credits in MD are easy to transfer, all mine did and I was able to continue to graduate ON TIME
Eastern Shore...home of the cows, trees, and where Perdue chickens are slaughtered

Thats cuz u went from NYC to MD. What school in MD? Majority of credits in MD are easy to transfer, all mine did and I was able to continue to graduate ON TIME
Eastern Shore...home of the cows, trees, and where Perdue chickens are slaughtered
LOL yeah I went there did a 2 year sentence and got out. Transfered to Bowie State. It was better, 15min from DC, 30 min from B-more, Greeks,FOOTBALL, HBCU Band, and WINNING SPORTS TEAMS. All people could do @ Eastern Shore was smoke, drink, and have kids
smh.gif
smh.gif

mFury wrote:

rsdplaya wrote:

sick.gif

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

hellllllllllllll no, at least you're walking around in some nice weather. between -45-50degrees this week
sick.gif

You're tryin to tell me +%$$ aint poppin off in LV? At worst all you gotta do is get yourself a fake...

or am i completely worng

Originally Posted by mFury

sick.gif

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif
I was about to say that's pretty much the same as it is here, until I saw the NEGATIVE sign.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

LOL yeah I went there did a 2 year sentence and got out. Transfered to Bowie State. It was better, 15min from DC, 30 min from B-more, Greeks, FOOTBALL, HBCU Band, and WINNING SPORTS TEAMS. All people could do @ Eastern Shore was smoke, drink, and have kids
smh.gif
smh.gif
LOL. My friend go to Bowie (shes a jr)...but the only thing I find ya'll have better is the Greeks (even tho all the frats r poppin at UMESnow). I'm not too big on school football (nyc thing), but hey I love it and manage to maintain a 3.4 as an Accounting major. And I don't want to beANYWHERE near B-more. DC/PG is cool tho...lol

What program are you doing? I'm on my 5th school now (haha... took random online classes at 2 different community colleges, so technically I am on my 3rduniversity) and I have made sure to stay on track with my major so I will still graduate on time. I would call someone at the school you want to transfer toand see how your credits transfer.. they may have different requirements that would make you do an additional year or so of school, or they may be able to workwith you and get you so you can still get out in two years.

If you are really hating it that much in ND, then weigh out whether the potential additional time is worth it.

Where are you at in ND? Half my family is up there or went to school there.

Back
Top Bottom