Toy Story : Hawaiian Vacation

Toy Story
Release Date: November 22, 1995

Toy Story 2
Release Date: November 24, 1999

Toy Story 3
Release Date: June 12, 2010

3 movies in a 15 year span is nowhere near what you call "capitalizing". If anything, they've done a great job of protecting the legacy of their top franchise by releasing quality movies with a quality stories. And Pixar "shorts" are the perfect way to express the writers and artists creativity with what I imagine are hundreds/thousands of stories they've probably come up with over the past 15 years that were not feature film worthy.

You want to talk about "capitalizing" or beating a dead horse, just look at "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never". Originally released February 11th with a "limited" one week release of a "director's cut" released two weeks later.

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

3 movies in a 15 year span is nowhere near what you call "capitalizing". If anything, they've done a great job of protecting the legacy of their top franchise by releasing quality movies with a quality stories. And Pixar "shorts" are the perfect way to express the writers and artists creativity with what I imagine are hundreds/thousands of stories they've probably come up with over the past 15 years that were not feature film worthy.

You want to talk about "capitalizing" or beating a dead horse, just look at "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never". Originally released February 11th with a "limited" one week release of a "director's cut" released two weeks later.

Originally Posted by zaydez

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

HUH? Do u read my OG post or just skim thru it
I asked why try to start capitalizing now. Most of the dudes like myself who grew up on this movie are well GROWN ups now.... Say what u want but I feel like they should've dropped more movies back when I was a kid. Prior to TS3 dropping last year I gave when i gave my niece and nephew toy story toys they hit me with the 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by zaydez

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

HUH? Do u read my OG post or just skim thru it
I asked why try to start capitalizing now. Most of the dudes like myself who grew up on this movie are well GROWN ups now.... Say what u want but I feel like they should've dropped more movies back when I was a kid. Prior to TS3 dropping last year I gave when i gave my niece and nephew toy story toys they hit me with the 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Why Cars 2 though. There needs to be a sequel to The Incredibles. The ending and whole story was epic, although bitten from Watchmen. Regardless, can't wait for this short.

Why Cars 2 though. There needs to be a sequel to The Incredibles. The ending and whole story was epic, although bitten from Watchmen. Regardless, can't wait for this short.

I think with the toy story shorts, pixar is giving the characters/franchise that gave it it's start the proper sending off, of course a new movie would be stupid but we know that the adventures of woody and buzz and everyone else never really ends, so it's nice to revisit these characters through shorts before the movie starts. I'm all for it aaaaaaannnnnnnd:

toy story midway mania at california adventure hands down best ride i've ever been on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think with the toy story shorts, pixar is giving the characters/franchise that gave it it's start the proper sending off, of course a new movie would be stupid but we know that the adventures of woody and buzz and everyone else never really ends, so it's nice to revisit these characters through shorts before the movie starts. I'm all for it aaaaaaannnnnnnd:

toy story midway mania at california adventure hands down best ride i've ever been on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So, let me get this straight. In order to see the short, I have to buy a ticket to see Cars 2?

No thanks.

So, let me get this straight. In order to see the short, I have to buy a ticket to see Cars 2?

No thanks.

I just watched part 3 last night. $#@$ was touching man. Andy going off to college leaving his homies back in the neighborhood. Real #@$%. Real situations.

I just watched part 3 last night. $#@$ was touching man. Andy going off to college leaving his homies back in the neighborhood. Real #@$%. Real situations.

Back
Top Bottom