Top Nike designer (Tinker Hatfield) can’t stand LeBron’s entourage

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

regarding the jordan quality.

2003 blk sliver 8's a nice quality shoe, no cracking and it held up real well over the years. fast forward 4 years later and the aquas come out, a few wears in and the paint and bottom are is cracking

2005 i bought the steel x's and after a few wears it looked like i folded them in half, don't even let me get started on the military and mars iv's from 2006.

point blank jordan brand quality has been declining for a while now, while nike has been doing a good job with their current releases.

I almost cried when this happened to my 05 X's.......
tired.gif

I dare anyone on this forum to try me with the qulity of Jordan brand vs lebrons...I DARE YOU
laugh.gif

2003 blk sliver 8's a nice quality shoe, no cracking and it held up real well over the years. fast forward 4 years later and the aquas come out, a few wears in and the paint and bottom are is cracking

2005 i bought the steel x's and after a few wears it looked like i folded them in half, don't even let me get started on the military and mars iv's from 2006.

point blank jordan brand quality has been declining for a while now, while nike has been doing a good job with their current releases.

tired.gif

I dare anyone on this forum to try me with the qulity of Jordan brand vs lebrons...I DARE YOU
laugh.gif

Gottips got me wanting to buy a whole bunch of Lebron's lol.
But Please stop making this a current issue. The quality of the retro's has been an issue since 1994 with the OG retro's of the I, II, and the III.

I remember in 2001 my mom refused to buy me the XI's cause of quality issues ( exact issue escapes me)
The bottom line is that OG's will always be grails' cause they are built for collectors ( believe it or not)
Retro's will be better than re retro's except in the case of the II's where I felt these latest ones were damn close if not better than the ones from 2004. and for sure closer to the go's than the 1994's
and now and have been since the OG altitudes where the retro + line regardless if people feel they are the Variant colors are better than many re retro releases.
My retro cardinal VII's are beat, my Grey and purple VII's bought within a week of each other are wearable with the same number of wears even if I refuse to do so.
It's never going to change cause what cost $150 today will cost $175 tomorrow and instead of it costing $30 to get into the store it will cost $40. And how dare Nike ever lose stock value.

As for the media issue and Lebron not being marketable Bill Simmons explained it best. He was the originator imo of the online sports blog and if he knew what he knows now he would probably be similar to wrestling's Dave Meltzer in that he charges and everyone piggy backs off him. But the news cycle in the business in both cases is viscous and it is the sports media to discuss at least once a week a players statement and or personal views. Gone are the days where scores and analysis are the singular focus of a show like Sports center. It began in the 90's and it has accelerated with first the internet and now especially twitter

Gottips got me wanting to buy a whole bunch of Lebron's lol.
But Please stop making this a current issue. The quality of the retro's has been an issue since 1994 with the OG retro's of the I, II, and the III.

I remember in 2001 my mom refused to buy me the XI's cause of quality issues ( exact issue escapes me)
The bottom line is that OG's will always be grails' cause they are built for collectors ( believe it or not)
Retro's will be better than re retro's except in the case of the II's where I felt these latest ones were damn close if not better than the ones from 2004. and for sure closer to the go's than the 1994's
and now and have been since the OG altitudes where the retro + line regardless if people feel they are the Variant colors are better than many re retro releases.
My retro cardinal VII's are beat, my Grey and purple VII's bought within a week of each other are wearable with the same number of wears even if I refuse to do so.
It's never going to change cause what cost $150 today will cost $175 tomorrow and instead of it costing $30 to get into the store it will cost $40. And how dare Nike ever lose stock value.

As for the media issue and Lebron not being marketable Bill Simmons explained it best. He was the originator imo of the online sports blog and if he knew what he knows now he would probably be similar to wrestling's Dave Meltzer in that he charges and everyone piggy backs off him. But the news cycle in the business in both cases is viscous and it is the sports media to discuss at least once a week a players statement and or personal views. Gone are the days where scores and analysis are the singular focus of a show like Sports center. It began in the 90's and it has accelerated with first the internet and now especially twitter

Originally Posted by Gottips3

tired.gif

laugh.gif
The quality is better but the shoes themselves are !#% ugly. Kobe designs > Lebron designs any day of the week. You really think your doing it with those inflated astronaut boots LeBron calls shoes?

lol, thats true gangsta207
But I mean look at it this way, The DMP 11 came out jan 30 2006 right....What in the blue H E ll made jordan brand change the entire mold from the 06 dmp 11 to the cdp 11 mold......cutting cost and cheaper materials...thats why i can NEVER EVER spend my money on any Jordan shoe ever again. I mean the comfort of my cool grays from 2001, and my dmp 11 from 06, almost feel as good as the comfort pillows that where placed in my Lebron 8 pre heats. But then when I throw on the space jams from 09, I feel like I am walking on shoes that have been made out of condom wrappers and cardboard...smh

lol, thats true gangsta207
But I mean look at it this way, The DMP 11 came out jan 30 2006 right....What in the blue H E ll made jordan brand change the entire mold from the 06 dmp 11 to the cdp 11 mold......cutting cost and cheaper materials...thats why i can NEVER EVER spend my money on any Jordan shoe ever again. I mean the comfort of my cool grays from 2001, and my dmp 11 from 06, almost feel as good as the comfort pillows that where placed in my Lebron 8 pre heats. But then when I throw on the space jams from 09, I feel like I am walking on shoes that have been made out of condom wrappers and cardboard...smh

tired.gif

laugh.gif
The quality is better but the shoes themselves are !#% ugly. Kobe designs > Lebron designs any day of the week. You really think your doing it with those inflated astronaut boots LeBron calls shoes?

Originally Posted by epox12

tired.gif

laugh.gif
DUDE..

And there is no way in hell do any kobes look better than lebrons....but then again thats just my opinion..
Oh and not only do i think im fly in my Brons, the females do too! HAAAANH!! (conceited voice)

tired.gif

laugh.gif
DUDE..

And there is no way in hell do any kobes look better than lebrons....but then again thats just my opinion..
Oh and not only do i think im fly in my Brons, the females do too! HAAAANH!! (conceited voice)

tired.gif

laugh.gif
DUDE..

Do you man. It's obvious all your taste is in your mouth.

tired.gif

laugh.gif
DUDE..

Do you man. It's obvious all your taste is in your mouth.

Back
Top Bottom