Top Nike designer (Tinker Hatfield) can’t stand LeBron’s entourage

Originally Posted by Jay02

Wait, did Tinker design any of the Jordan Retros? Anything thats not a retro is pure trash. There were a few exceptions 7 or 8 years ago with some team shoes, and the dubs but 97% of them are terrible. All these fusions and what not, trash. Idk if its me but all the kids I see hyping up their new JORDANS!! its usually some whack %%$ team shoe fusion type air force one mixed with XIII trash.

Ive never read about the top designer of Nike or have reallyheard about Tinker so thats why im wondering if he's designed any of the retros.

If you don't know what the hell you're talking about, you shouldn't post

Wait, did Tinker design any of the Jordan Retros? Anything thats not a retro is pure trash. There were a few exceptions 7 or 8 years ago with some team shoes, and the dubs but 97% of them are terrible. All these fusions and what not, trash. Idk if its me but all the kids I see hyping up their new JORDANS!! its usually some whack %%$ team shoe fusion type air force one mixed with XIII trash.

Ive never read about the top designer of Nike or have reallyheard about Tinker so thats why im wondering if he's designed any of the retros.

Tinker Hatfield is the renowned designer of many of Nike's most popular and innovative athletic shoe designs, including the Air Jordan III through Air Jordan XV, the twentieth anniversary Air Jordan XX, the final numbered Air Jordan, the XXIII, the 2010 (XXV) and other athletic sneakers including the world's first "cross training" shoes, the Nike Air Trainer.

For the record he also designed the OG hurrache.
Nike having to cut down on its sweat shop useage is the reason we dont have better quality shoes.
Profit margins have to go up and thats why we are over charged for an inferior product that now cost more to make.
I can live with the prices going up as the quality of lives for the people goes up, but it still isnt close to good enough

Tinker Hatfield is the renowned designer of many of Nike's most popular and innovative athletic shoe designs, including the Air Jordan III through Air Jordan XV, the twentieth anniversary Air Jordan XX, the final numbered Air Jordan, the XXIII, the 2010 (XXV) and other athletic sneakers including the world's first "cross training" shoes, the Nike Air Trainer.

Nike having to cut down on its sweat shop useage is the reason we dont have better quality shoes.
Profit margins have to go up and thats why we are over charged for an inferior product that now cost more to make.
I can live with the prices going up as the quality of lives for the people goes up, but it still isnt close to good enough

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Please explain to me what I dont know what im talking about. I know just as much about Jordans as the next person on here. My addiction started in the 5th grade. Retros are the reason I was the only one who knew Roman Numerals in elementary school. Retros are where its always been at, theres only been a handful of good Team shoes this past decade. 
School me son

And thanks for the info gangsta207

Please explain to me what I dont know what im talking about. I know just as much about Jordans as the next person on here. My addiction started in the 5th grade. Retros are the reason I was the only one who knew Roman Numerals in elementary school. Retros are where its always been at, theres only been a handful of good Team shoes this past decade. 
School me son

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

i wanna say he also did air max 90, 93, 95 and a whole bunch more

heres the vid where he talks about lebron

i wanna say he also did air max 90, 93, 95 and a whole bunch more

heres the vid where he talks about lebron

Originally Posted by Caerus

Honestly if you think about it, LeBron should be even bigger than he already is.

He was destined to be the next MJ and in a way has Lived up to the hyped at this STAGE in his career (Arguably).

I just feel LeBron doesn't have the APPEAL to fans that MJ had. Not even close

I think thats more of the way sports reporting has changed than anything.
We know the night of if Lebron has been partying, it took 2 days to have Michael's Atlantic City debacle to be published.
We all knew that Michael was an rectum in 1992, but it just is not the same.
Winning then becoming an rectum is different than losing and being an rectum.
You add to that the idea that Lebron wants to be a billionare etc.
At least with Michael you knew that he loved the game ( or at least thats the illusion he kept til 1993) with Lebron its more so that hes big strong and he knew that basketball was more profitable than football.

i agree, and not just for lebron but any athlete in general in the since that we live in the tmz, internet, twitter, kat stacks and groupies out to make a name for themselves, and much more thirstier media era in general.

mike knew how to charm the media and how to work them and they worked with him in terms of protecting him as they did with any other athlete that was perceived as being "media friendly" at the time.

that doesn't take nothing away from mike being the best nba player ever, but i'm almost certain without a doubt that if he were playing now  some of his incidents involving him being an ahole to his teammates, the gambling and what not would be overblown and blown out of proportion and he wouldn't have the media protection he did back then.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Honestly if you think about it, LeBron should be even bigger than he already is.

He was destined to be the next MJ and in a way has Lived up to the hyped at this STAGE in his career (Arguably).

I just feel LeBron doesn't have the APPEAL to fans that MJ had. Not even close

I think thats more of the way sports reporting has changed than anything.
We know the night of if Lebron has been partying, it took 2 days to have Michael's Atlantic City debacle to be published.
We all knew that Michael was an rectum in 1992, but it just is not the same.
Winning then becoming an rectum is different than losing and being an rectum.
You add to that the idea that Lebron wants to be a billionare etc.
At least with Michael you knew that he loved the game ( or at least thats the illusion he kept til 1993) with Lebron its more so that hes big strong and he knew that basketball was more profitable than football.

i agree, and not just for lebron but any athlete in general in the since that we live in the tmz, internet, twitter, kat stacks and groupies out to make a name for themselves, and much more thirstier media era in general.

mike knew how to charm the media and how to work them and they worked with him in terms of protecting him as they did with any other athlete that was perceived as being "media friendly" at the time.

that doesn't take nothing away from mike being the best nba player ever, but i'm almost certain without a doubt that if he were playing now  some of his incidents involving him being an ahole to his teammates, the gambling and what not would be overblown and blown out of proportion and he wouldn't have the media protection he did back then.

Tinker has nothing to do with fusions, first off......he hasn't a thing to do with retros because he designed the ogs.....just because you cop the shoe, doesn't mean you know anything about it

Tinker has nothing to do with fusions, first off......he hasn't a thing to do with retros because he designed the ogs.....just because you cop the shoe, doesn't mean you know anything about it

Im pretty sure if you re read my comment I clearly stated ive never read about who is the top designer of Nike, nor have I ever heard about Tinker. I never claimed I have known any shoe designers and what they have made.
I was simply asking did he make any of the retros, and simply stating the majority of the team shoes are trash. 

All I need to know when copping a shoe is if its fresh or not, and what its made out of. Didn't know I had to do a huge background check.

Chill out.

Im pretty sure if you re read my comment I clearly stated ive never read about who is the top designer of Nike, nor have I ever heard about Tinker. I never claimed I have known any shoe designers and what they have made.
I was simply asking did he make any of the retros, and simply stating the majority of the team shoes are trash. 

All I need to know when copping a shoe is if its fresh or not, and what its made out of. Didn't know I had to do a huge background check.

Chill out.

Originally Posted by abutta13

i dont care how big a lakers fan/lebron hater you are if u think kobes nike shoes are better than lebrons u are blind

personally i'm a laker/kobe fan but in terms of comfort and style for me  i prefer lebrons,  but  if a heat/lebron fan had their reasons for preferring kobes would their opinion be disregarded.

just askin

Originally Posted by abutta13

i dont care how big a lakers fan/lebron hater you are if u think kobes nike shoes are better than lebrons u are blind

personally i'm a laker/kobe fan but in terms of comfort and style for me  i prefer lebrons,  but  if a heat/lebron fan had their reasons for preferring kobes would their opinion be disregarded.

just askin

School me son

before retros were retros they were......................................................................................................................................... ORIGINALS thats Tinker

School me son

before retros were retros they were......................................................................................................................................... ORIGINALS thats Tinker

^ stopcappin, my man
pimp.gif
. These kids just don't know.

Hold on people...
When I made my statement I was talking about the current Jordan products..everything from 07 and up has been TRASH in quality. I used to always buy Jordan kicks, until I realized the crap quality the shoes have been. I mean look at the cdp, every single shoe that was made in that package was the most HORRID QUALITY EVER. I know tinker has made some of the best shoes ever, hell I own most of them..But for goodness sakes you people need to let go of this HORRID Jordan line, I mean after the fusions, and horrible retros you think you people would learn.....smh...

Oh and "Petco checks".....LMAO if you only knew my pockets....

oh and I still own my older Jordans Hell I own a pair of 2001 cool grays...not that horrid quality 2010 par...

Closet pic

smh  at those cdp and space jam pos....To me I feel the Lebron line has WAAAAY better quality than the cheap crap jordan brand uses today

and you people allow them to take you 185 on that pos quality....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
get out of my face

Hold on people...
When I made my statement I was talking about the current Jordan products..everything from 07 and up has been TRASH in quality. I used to always buy Jordan kicks, until I realized the crap quality the shoes have been. I mean look at the cdp, every single shoe that was made in that package was the most HORRID QUALITY EVER. I know tinker has made some of the best shoes ever, hell I own most of them..But for goodness sakes you people need to let go of this HORRID Jordan line, I mean after the fusions, and horrible retros you think you people would learn.....smh...

Oh and "Petco checks".....LMAO if you only knew my pockets....

oh and I still own my older Jordans Hell I own a pair of 2001 cool grays...not that horrid quality 2010 par...

Closet pic

smh  at those cdp and space jam pos....To me I feel the Lebron line has WAAAAY better quality than the cheap crap jordan brand uses today

and you people allow them to take you 185 on that pos quality....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
get out of my face

Originally Posted by Gottips3

smh head at those cdp and spac jame pos....To me I feel the Lebron line has WAAAAY better quality than the cheap crap jordan brand uses today

honestly i can't argue this,  i'd say the same with the kobe line in terms of quality as well though.  nike defenitly puts more effort, pride, and quality on their newer stuff as opposed to most retro jordan stuff over the past 5-6 years that has been a slap in the face to the statement "quality inspired by the games greatest player"

Back
Top Bottom