TOP 10 WORST VIDEO GAME CONSOLES (VIDEO) Vol. I didn't know that existed in this decade

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Knew what was number 1 before i viewed the vid
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
@ R-Zone. Forgot all about that system and Tiger in general.

IMG_0355.jpg

Had this one
laugh.gif

me too, i got bored with it after 2 days!!!

Not a BAD console but I wish the Sega Genesis itself would make a comeback. I can't find a decent working console anywhere. I bought 2 off of ebay and theywere complete pieces of #$*@.

And with that Sega return must come the Sega Channel. Goodness gracious, the Sega Channel was the best thing EVER.

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Knew what was number 1 before i viewed the vid
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
@ R-Zone. Forgot all about that system and Tiger in general.

IMG_0355.jpg

Had this one
laugh.gif

me too, i got bored with it after 2 days!!!

I had this too. Thing killed batteries heavy...

One x-mas my grandmother bought all my male cousins and myself R-Zone's (girls got My Size Barbies
devil.gif
...[hey I was like 6]). I played the hell outta that crappy thing and thought Iwas the %@+%. That's about the time I started getting migranes...Thanks granny...

It would be much more appropriate to name these "top 10 consoles with the worst games" or something. What really messed up these consoles was thefact that they had few games, and that the few games they had sucked. If the biggest game-making companies made games for them, some of these could've beenin the top 10 best consoles of all time list, not worst.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

It would be much more appropriate to name these "top 10 consoles with the worst games" or something. What really messed up these consoles was the fact that they had few games, and that the few games they had sucked. If the biggest game-making companies made games for them, some of these could've been in the top 10 best consoles of all time list, not worst.

The overall makeup of the system made it suck. $400 for a handheld system with a cell phone sized screen and games called Sticky Balls and Momma I Mowed theLawn!?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

It would be much more appropriate to name these "top 10 consoles with the worst games" or something. What really messed up these consoles was the
fact that they had few games, and that the few games they had sucked. If the biggest game-making companies made games for them, some of these could've been
in the top 10 best consoles of all time list, not worst.

The overall makeup of the system made it suck. $400 for a handheld system with a cell phone sized screen and games called Sticky Balls and Momma I Mowed the Lawn!?
roll.gif

Yeah, some of the systems themselves sucked, but a lot of these systems could've been great. The problem was the lack of good game designers for somesystems, while for others it was the type of games they developed. Like Sega CD (and 3do), they made a bunch of those stupid "interactive" moviegames that the systems couldn't really handle because the loading time was insane. And the movie quality was horrible. Not to mention that those games justweren't fun. But if they tried to make normal games from that time for that system, the results could've been MUCH better. For example, I notice thatyou have Sonic in your avatar. Well, those who have played it generally consider Sonic CD (only released for Sega CD) to be the best Sonic game of all time.The problem is that this was one of the very few examples of true video games being made for those systems, and not some stupid attempt to redefine video gamesinto interactive movies.

N-Gage
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
I don't know ANYONE that was hyped to get that when it dropped. It sounded so full of fail. The screen being portrait instead of landscape,removal of battery to switch game cartridges, shaped like a taco, holding it to the side to talk, awkward controls, terrible games... I can't see whyANYONE would have wanted that garbage.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

It would be much more appropriate to name these "top 10 consoles with the worst games" or something. What really messed up these consoles was the
fact that they had few games, and that the few games they had sucked. If the biggest game-making companies made games for them, some of these could've been

The overall makeup of the system made it suck. $400 for a handheld system with a cell phone sized screen and games called Sticky Balls and Momma I Mowed the Lawn!?
roll.gif

Yeah, some of the systems themselves sucked, but a lot of these systems could've been great. The problem was the lack of good game designers for some systems, while for others it was the type of games they developed. Like Sega CD (and 3do), they made a bunch of those stupid "interactive" movie games that the systems couldn't really handle because the loading time was insane. And the movie quality was horrible. Not to mention that those games just weren't fun. But if they tried to make normal games from that time for that system, the results could've been MUCH better. For example, I notice that you have Sonic in your avatar. Well, those who have played it generally consider Sonic CD (only released for Sega CD) to be the best Sonic game of all time. The problem is that this was one of the very few examples of true video games being made for those systems, and not some stupid attempt to redefine video games into interactive movies.

some of these systems had controllers that made the OG xbox controller look good. They weren't really games so much as interactive stories.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

ATLien Seeko wrote:

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

fact that they had few games, and that the few games they had sucked. If the biggest game-making companies made games for them, some of these could've
been

The overall makeup of the system made it suck. $400 for a handheld system with a cell phone sized screen and games called Sticky Balls and Momma I Mowed the
Lawn!?
roll.gif

Yeah, some of the systems themselves sucked, but a lot of these systems could've been great. The problem was the lack of good game designers for some
systems, while for others it was the type of games they developed. Like Sega CD (and 3do), they made a bunch of those stupid "interactive" movie
games that the systems couldn't really handle because the loading time was insane. And the movie quality was horrible. Not to mention that those games just
weren't fun. But if they tried to make normal games from that time for that system, the results could've been MUCH better. For example, I notice that
you have Sonic in your avatar. Well, those who have played it generally consider Sonic CD (only released for Sega CD) to be the best Sonic game of all time.
The problem is that this was one of the very few examples of true video games being made for those systems, and not some stupid attempt to redefine video games
into interactive movies.

some of these systems had controllers that made the OG xbox controller look good. They weren't really games so much as interactive stories.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It isn't the systems themselves that are horrible. It's the horrible games and the horrible attempt to redefinegaming from pure gameplay to interactive movies/cartoons/stories on the part of Sega CD, Philips CD-i and 3do that scream failure. Atari Jaguar didn't havegames like this, but had more game designers made games for this console and properly used its power (and if it had a proper controller), I think that thisconsole would've been great.

So i just looked this up
AND
damn, man I didn't know the phillips cdi had a retail price of $1,000
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
that's more than the initial price of the PS3

Damn I wanted like half of these coming up
laugh.gif
I remember my girl at the time had N Gage...I was so jealous
laugh.gif

eek.gif
@ the R-Zone. I used to have one of those.
The Batman game was CRACK.
pimp.gif

Actually in reality it probably sucked, but at the time I was into anything and everything Batman related.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom