To those attending a university, do you have any classes with or see star athletes on campus?

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

I went to Gunderson High School with James Jones from the Packers. Actually friends with him too, like we'll say what's up and shake hands. You wanna talk about Jock though? This guy RAN the school. His girlfriend did his homework, teachers and coaches praised him and everybody else just rode his ____. One time he was upset at something and his girl (white girl cheerleader with a phatty
pimp.gif
) was like "What is it James?" dude was like "nothing leave me alone...." and I swear to you this was her response "do you want me to suck your ___) I went
eek.gif
as my jaw dropped
. Dude looked like a grown $%% man in high school though, EVERYBODY knew he was goin to the league for either basketball or football

Actually I think her jaw dropped

I went to high school with David Jones TE for Lsu in the early 2000s and Falorin Campbell who played on George Mason during their magical final 4 run

Now I go a CC and see no1

i went to unc chapel hill and i saw basketball players daily. i lived in the same dorm with 6 basketball players on the 2005 national championship team.

-waystinthyme
unc c/o 2008

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

I was at San Diego State... saw Jacque Jones walking out of the ARC once. Not super star status or anything... but a pro-athlete.

As for UCSD....
laugh.gif
... you tritons know whats up there. Absolutely nothing.

Why you hating on UCSD?? We aint THAT boring...lol. Sun God FTW

Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

I was at San Diego State... saw Jacque Jones walking out of the ARC once. Not super star status or anything... but a pro-athlete.

As for UCSD....
laugh.gif
... you tritons know whats up there. Absolutely nothing.

Why you hating on UCSD?? We aint THAT boring...lol. Sun God FTW

No it is that boring here. Not letting me out of my dorm contract FTL. yea im mad.
mad.gif

This thread is @!!+$$! depressing. When I was a child I was given a piano instead of a basketball.

Originally Posted by ImmenseD

I go to Florida. See Tebow about once a month usually ridin his scooter to or from campus. Had cats like Bubba Caldwell, Cornelius Ingram, and Derrick Harvey all in the same class my 2nd year (some easy gen ed language class). These dudes are regular cats, man they do their thing, get love in the club and live their life. The Pouncey twins stay in the club, Aaron Hernendez be on campus wit his baby in the stroller
laugh.gif
. I mean it is what it is, they just people. The rest of the campus doesn't seem to OD when they see em on campus either, athletes usually post up by the chik fil a or somethin most of the day anyways
laugh.gif
huhhh aaron got a kid? since when?

i go to florida, i saw jeff demps everyday posted up at the same spot during summer b semester. i see kenny bonyton a lot too, actually played pick up with himhe's a really cool dude... seen brandon spikes around a couple times walking around campus.

I had class with a current St Johns Basketball player, not gonna throw his name out there but he would come into class half way through with like 3 meals ofburger king for himself, sit in the front of the class eat obnoxiously loud and then ask some of the most ignorant questions ever..only reason that class wasfun
laugh.gif
...btw your favorite college stars are on that
pimp.gif
during the off season

I wonder who had class with pacman jones. I bet he was stupid dumb
smh.gif
laugh.gif
. I kinda feel sorry that dude
smh.gif
. Just a product of his environment almost to thehighest level
smh.gif

Originally Posted by kingofny04

I had class with a current St Johns Basketball player, not gonna throw his name out there but he would come into class half way through with like 3 meals of burger king for himself, sit in the front of the class eat obnoxiously loud and then ask some of the most ignorant questions ever..only reason that class was fun
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
during the off season
*insert Captian Obvious soldier pic

Originally Posted by khadafi252

i didn't even know gilbert arenas went to my HS (birmingham... i'm class of '99). i remember dudes would talk about gilbert being on the court but never paid attn. i believe this was 11th grade. i think he xfr'd to a rival school for senior year.
Didn't know you were from LA.

Agent Zero transferred to Grant HS for his senior year.

I went to a commuter school, with no athletes coming out of it for undergrad
laugh.gif

Finally going to start my grad program next fall at SC, I doubt I will see anyone there
laugh.gif

I have worked for the Athletic Dept the past 3 years, I'm always on campus so I see a lot of the guys all the time. Sometimes, I wish I would've gotsome %!#@ signed from them especially Rey, Cush, Sanchez, Maiava, etc. It feels weird though, 'cause you see them as your peers, so I don't.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

This thread is @!!+$$! depressing. When I was a child I was given a piano instead of a basketball.

Looking back, I wish I had been given a piano instead of a basketball... or both. Even from all the comments in here, being an athlete does not encourageintelligence, it seems, and I would much rather have that over sports.

I go to Illinois. A couple months back the school had an alumni banquet and I saw Deron Williams outside a pizza joint here, took a pic with him and offeredhim a breadstick. I've also seen Demetri McCamey (starting Guard for Basketball) around, and Mike Tisdale (starting Center for Illinois) lives in myapartment complex, I've seen him twice, he's huge

My school is trash at sports, I see them dudes all the time but I don't even think twice about it. I mean our football team was prolly one of the worst D-1schools in the country.

I had class with a current St Johns Basketball player, not gonna throw his name out there but he would come into class half way through with like 3 meals of burger king for himself, sit in the front of the class eat obnoxiously loud and then ask some of the most ignorant questions ever..only reason that class was fun
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
during the off season
sadly I know who that is
laugh.gif

Most of them really don't need too, they got tutors basically giving them the answers which help em keep the academics on lock
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lrrr

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know a few guys on the Hofstra b-ball team.

....hey, they played Kansas
laugh.gif

use to mess with the track star from St Johns

Going to UMD... seeing athletes is regular for me.

I was in the summer program for athletes, back when i played baseball for UMD. The whole class of '11 in football, basketball, and lacrosse are my peoples.

Vasquez is the only "star" on campus.. dude is a ******. everybody else is just another face in the crowd.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
during the off season

Sean Evans

nerd.gif

When I went to UK I had a class in the same building as Andre Woodson and would pass him from time to time and I always used to see Jodie Meeks, Joe Crawford,and Perry Stevenson walking around campus. Nobody really made a big deal about them, just told them good game or somethin.

At St. Johns I'd see the players all the time. Even went to this part at Anthony Mason Jr's apt.. don't wanna talk about that though, ahaha.

At University of Buffalo I see the players around, but they're nothing to talk about.

i was in high school with UCLA's starting right tackle Xavier Su'a-filo...

had a couple of classes with him, got to be pretty good friends

Back
Top Bottom