TikTok is a shell company that collects data for the Chinese Communist Party

what can China do with our data to harm us? i'm interested to hearing the worst case scenarios. srs.

seems like this is coming down to capitalism as usual. Zuck's issue was stopping competition, he wanted to buy TikTok and when he couldn't he started his anti-TikTok campaign. YouTube is preparing to release an app to rival TikTok with licensed music while US media is calling it a security risk.

I don't think any of that is a coincidence :nerd:

I really think Zoom should be a bigger target than TikTok rn. Some spooky stuff going on with that.

Last edited:
Tiktok slaps, I get recipes and Marxist/Maoist/anarchist and cute animals and general humor content. In principle, we need more data privacy but who cares if it's a foreign government or a billionaire dollar silicon valley firm?

Tiktok slaps, I get recipes and Marxist/Maoist/anarchist and cute animals and general humor content. In principle, we need more data privacy but who cares if it's a foreign government or a billionaire dollar silicon valley firm?
People with personal or business ties to China/Hong Kong should care. Uyghur muslims with links to China especially shouldn’t use TikTok. I’m also in favor of a TikTok ban for all government employees working in the national security field.

In general I would argue strongly against using a social media platform that is effectively controlled by a foreign government. A regular company will try to squeeze every bit of data they can from their users for monetary gains. Foreign governments on the other hand can have entirely different motives for collecting data and will likely go further to do so.
What a foreign government does with the data can also be very different from regular companies.

Last edited:
People with personal or business ties to China/Hong Kong should care. Uyghur muslims with links to China especially shouldn’t use TikTok. I’m also in favor of a TikTok ban for all government employees working in the national security field.

In general I would argue strongly against using a social media platform that is effectively controlled by a foreign government. A regular company will try to squeeze every bit of data they can from their users for monetary gains. Foreign governments on the other hand can have entirely different motives for collecting data and will likely go further to do so.
What a foreign government does with the data can also be very different from regular companies.

What are some of the worst case scenarios you see China doing with the data? Aren't most tik tok user like 16 years old lol

Last edited:

Good points but in my case I’m not working the US military, military industrial complex, CIA etc nor do I expect to be under the jurisdiction of China.

Plus it’s just not too shocking in 2020 to here that a big powerful institution or a global super power is spying on your electronic communications.

I may not ever travel to China due to your council now since that would put me under Chinese jurisdiction. I’ve liked some of the pro Maoist videos so if I were there maybe Chinese intel would ask me to become an asset and I wouldn’t have the heart to tell them no and that I’ve liked plenty of anarchist tiktoks as well and couldn’t work for any country. Although I guess they’d know that already.

Been saying since it’s rise in popularity that tiktok is a chinese spyop to ruin American minds. This **** farms your data worse than any other app out there. They probably have access to all of your passwords stored and the ability to remote unlock banking info, etc. good luck defending this trash. Facebook for all its flaws is nothing like this piece of spyware.

what can China do with our data to harm us? i'm interested to hearing the worst case scenarios. srs.
Social credit system over there. Like the US fico score but with all of your data and not just based on your debt and payment history.

You could make a post online you may think is innocent or funny that may offend the government or there official stance on a topic.

With digital currency, digital identity and digital access points to just about ever service people use now, you can be shut out the system.

We need an internet bill of rights. Or a way to own your data. We're in the wild wild west of data right now .

Last edited:
good cause that’s the only way you will get the youth and influencers off of this fake platform

it’s funny how people aren’t suspect about the views and numbers they get specifically there compared to other platforms

Back
Top Bottom