TikTok is a shell company that collects data for the Chinese Communist Party

What do you think China is gonna use this information for?

American apps, sites, and corporations have been doing this for years. I can’t piece together why it’s a national security issue now.
Similar apps generally aren't straight pipelines to a government's intelligence services.

I don't think it's about kids and regular folks using the app, provided they're not dissidents the Chinese government looks to monitor.
Think more along the lines of government officials using the app or employees at high profile companies in tech/defense industries.

???

they collecting facial recognition and that other data here too where it can actually be used against you. why this man worried about some Chinese men knowing what your face looks like when Facebook is literally selling your identity?

you falling for the okie doke. don’t be surprised if Zuck or people involved with him are behind the anti TikTok push.

its the same thing the USA did to huawei. People out here falling for this chinese proproganda like these american companies arent doing it to you right now. Bunch of fear mongering to stifer the uprise of the tech field in china. Just like the race to 5g.

Similar apps generally aren't straight pipelines to a government's intelligence services.

I don't think it's about kids and regular folks using the app, provided they're not dissidents the Chinese government looks to monitor.
Think more along the lines of government officials using the app, or employees at high profile companies.

if you work for the government you arent even suppose to be browsing random websites that arent work related. Thats common sense for the government to take this stance they rather not accept the risk at all even if there isnt any evidence of wrong doing on those apps.

and just because it isnt no straight pipeline to the gov with these usa companies it didnt stop the FBI from taking apple to court to get into their devices its just a matter of time till we get these old *** senators out the office who cant understand tech replaced with younger people who know how to handle these situations to get your data.

???

they collecting facial recognition and that other data here too where it can actually be used against you. why this man worried about some Chinese men knowing what your face looks like when Facebook is literally selling your identity?

you falling for the okie doke. don’t be surprised if Zuck or people involved with him are behind the anti TikTok push.
Lol

Y’all sound like the coronavirus deniers from early on

enjoy your tiktok dances...

Reactions: wr
Y’all sound like the coronavirus deniers from early on

enjoy your tiktok dances...

ha this is coming from me who hasnt even downloaded that app.

But you gotta be a very important individual for the chinese gov to be interested in YOUR tiktok data. A bunch of nobodies use tiktok only people of high caliber should be worried. Your average user making dancing videos dont care

ha this is coming from me who hasnt even downloaded that app.

But you gotta be a very important individual for the chinese gov to be interested in YOUR tiktok data. A bunch of nobodies use tiktok only people of high caliber should be worried. Your average user making dancing videos dont care
No actually you don’t.

China used geolocation data to track and mass arrest uyghurs for genocide/slave labor

How many send the data directly to the chinese communist party though?
Who knows, companies that sell their data work with third party data brokers. Any body can get their owns on your data if they want to. From a single person, to a mom and pop to a large corp. Companies use your data to improve product design and performance. Smartphone companies for example monitor how devices are working on an ongoing basis to see how they can improve battery life. Business buy data for different purposes. Next time you click on that 'like' button on instagram you're storing a cookie file and they get an idea of your interests are. Why is it that the explorer always finds recommendations based on your likes? That's why.

Who knows, companies that sell their data work with third party data brokers. Any body can get their owns on your data if they want to. From a single person, to a mom and pop to a large corp. Companies use your data to improve product design and performance. Smartphone companies for example monitor how devices are working on an ongoing basis to see how they can improve battery life. Business buy data for different purposes. Next time you click on that 'like' button on instagram you're storing a cookie file and they get an idea of your interests are. Why is it that the explorer always finds recommendations based on your likes? That's why.
Different levels of evil

genocide/slave internment > cambridge analytica helping donald trump win the us election > capitalism

You are in america what are they going to do to you?
I never plan to step foot in China ever again.

i’m like 90% sure they got a file on me.

Technology is advanced now, they can use AI to track what people say about China all over the world. Especially with the help of shell companies under the disguise of social media such as tiktok.

facial recognition data can be used to improve the accuracy of their system for more nefarious purposes

google does the same thing with google photos as does Facebook

Last edited:
So what are the fears of using this if you aren't an Uyghur? Why hasn't any other country spoke out on this?

.....Your corporations outsource Allen their manufacturing to China because US companies are cheap and greedy. Plenty things probably are already bugged.

But yeah, corporations get goods produced in China.... but now let’s worry about an app having bugs. This country is so cheap and backwards. Can’t make this stuff up :lol: :lol: :rofl:

So what are the fears of using this if you aren't an Uyghur? Why hasn't any other country spoke out on this?
Why would you want to help a government that carries out genocide?

Why would you want to help a government trying to destroy democracy in Hong Kong?

Why would you want to help a government that hid the severity of covid-19 that currently affecting almost everyone on this planet?

Why would you want to help a government that bought out the WHO and collaborated to hide the number deaths in china?

Why would you want to help a Government that recently joined United Nations human rights council despite these atrocities?

if Zuck had gotten his way and was able to buy TikTok, this wouldn’t be a story. China is the boogeyman again. Cycled from Russians + middle eastern people to black people to middle eastern people to Russians + Hispanics back to Chinese people.

American propaganda is top notch lol they spying on everything and everybody in real time in our country. They out here secretly asking for backdoor for access to information just to make it easier for the folks that can already get whatever they want on you if they really need to.

I hope the Chinese government uses the “national security” line too

bruh need to introduce legislation to ban all apps/sites from taking and saving certain kinds of data period. The need is there but pointing the finger at TikTok is disingenuous to me.

Tiktok isn't any more or less evil than the current big 3. (FB, IG, TWITTER). Just another dopamine addiction for humans to catch the viral virus, and put the camera in their faces.

I try not to judge because I've been there at one point in my life. But my god, social media and these apps are terrifying, when you realize how much data they have on you. But....most people don't care.

Terence McKenna wasn't lying when he said there will come a time when computers (or technology) become more like drugs.

Show me an app that doesn't track you.

There's a difference between having cookies installed on your phone and the CCP mining your data for their purposes (e.g. social credit). It's why they bush people who are ugly and poor.

Reactions: wr
The company is benefiting from this alleged activity because it uses this data to sell targeted ads, the lawsuit alleges.

seems like this is coming down to capitalism as usual. Zuck's issue was stopping competition, he wanted to buy TikTok and when he couldn't he started his anti-TikTok campaign. YouTube is preparing to release an app to rival TikTok with licensed music while US media is calling it a security risk.

I don't think any of that is a coincidence :nerd:

I really think Zoom should be a bigger target than TikTok rn. Some spooky stuff going on with that.

Back
Top Bottom