Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Sure thing.  

According to OP god is both omniscient and omnipotent.  With this in mind, this means you either have a god that knowingly sends rapists/murders/thieves to rape/murder/steal, or you have a god that sits back, watches and says "you're in big trouble when you're done!"

If I had the ability to stop someone from raping, killing, or stealing I would.  That's the difference between me and your god.

Well to answer you the best way I can. The world is in a fallen state and humans are using their free will as they see fit. For good and bad.

If God stepped in on EVERY act of wrong doing, it would be a no brainer to believe because He would be right there doing everything for us and essentially treating us like babies.

False teaching? Im sorry but it seems like you fell to your own ego and ignorance. Your right, context is everything but so is meditating the word of God. Stop that act thinking you're some biblical scholar. I've prob. read the Bible more times than you can imagine. I'll simplify this for you. In this chapter, Jesus eats with unclean hands and the Jews are criticizing him because of Jesus breaking Jewish traditions. Thats when Jesus states that its not what comes inside of you that makes you unclean, but rather what comes out. From this, Jesus declared all food clean just like the verse states. But theres more to that which you are too blinded to see. From this, the word of God is also telling us that Jesus is above laws, customs and traditions. Jesus is the Son of the living God before he is a Jew. God gave him power. This is God's son. We are followers of Jesus before the law. You can't read the Bible and auto. think you know everything. You have to look and read deeper. You will always find something new.

Jesus cannot go against God or His laws handed down by Moses. John 5:46 "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me" He is NOT above the law, but he is the word made flesh. John 1:1414 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. Matt5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:

Sure thing.  

According to OP god is both omniscient and omnipotent.  With this in mind, this means you either have a god that knowingly sends rapists/murders/thieves to rape/murder/steal, or you have a god that sits back, watches and says "you're in big trouble when you're done!"

If I had the ability to stop someone from raping, killing, or stealing I would.  That's the difference between me and your god.
Well to answer you the best way I can. The world is in a fallen state and humans are using their free will as they see fit. For good and bad.

If God stepped in on EVERY act of wrong doing, it would be a no brainer to believe because He would be right there doing everything for us and essentially treating us like babies.
So God feels that people have to die in order to prove a point?

And God wants people to believe, has the ability to make people believe, yet chooses not to because....?

This all makes a lot of sense.  Lemme tell ya.

Last edited:
I always laugh when I get asked that. First of all, what they do doesn't derail my relationship with God. Second point being Catholicism does things a bit differently. Quite a bit I think.
YeP. Catholicism is like water with a drop of poison.

An unbeliever will find any excuse not to believe, but it won't stop the good news

I asked to be silly, but the reason I can't mess with Christianity all the diff "sets". Some guy didn't like something with Christianity and poof new Christianity  i.e. Lutheranism. Sounds like religion is man made to me. What is stopping me from starting my own branch of Christianity? Another 1 won't hurt the current bunch. No higher power with that if you ask me, I would have a harder time starting my own Blood or Crip set. 

Don't let the be the representation of Christ. His message is that of Love.

OP when should I take things literally, and when should I take things as metaphor?

Do metaphors exist in the Bible?

Could the story of Creation in six days be a metaphor for a 6 part process?
If you come to the word of God with a carnal heart, you'll only have doubt and misunderstanding.
Only through the Holy Spirit does it come alive.

Could you say this again using much plainer language?

And God wants people to believe, has the ability to make people believe, yet chooses not to because....?

Well he didn't create us to be mindless robots. So FORCING us believe and love him isn't the goal.

You're blaming God for your fellow man's evil desires.

At the end of the day we have no proof to prove our points, either we believe or we dont, its just a theory,

The terrorist attacks showed me the power of religion at a young age :smh: disgusting

So many people have died thru history becuase of religion...

Religion =/= Relationship with God.

So many people have died for a slew of other reasons. Lack of money is a biggie. Can't afford healthcare then you're in a pickle. Power and material gain is a HUGE factor. Hate is the biggest cause.

At the end of the day we have no proof to prove our points, either we believe or we dont, its just a theory,

The terrorist attacks showed me the power of religion at a young age :smh: disgusting

That showed you the power of hate and manipulation. You shouldn't crop love with hate.

Isn't Christianity about forgiveness but doesn't the bible also say eye for an eye? That's a popular outlook of life in the black community but it's frowned upon. 
And the verse after that says.

"But I say to you, do not resist and evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also."

Well he didn't create us to be mindless robots. So FORCING us believe and love him isn't the goal.

You're blaming God for your fellow man's evil desires.
I'm not actually blaming god.  In order to blame god I'd first have to believe in him.

I just think your apologetics are silly and it's apparent to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that you're pulling explanations out of your ***.

Come at me when you have some evidence that indicates there's some truth to your ideas.  Until then, your beliefs are nothing more than nonsense.

So God creates these sentient beings with free will.

Then tells them not to go discovering the fact that they have free will.

Then gets mad at them for acting on that free will.

Then one of those sentient beings lets everyone know that free will is cool, just be good to eachother.

But the catch is, you can only use your free will to do things that the people at this high level meeting decided goes in this book.

OK. Cool.

To be clear, I totally believe in God, and totally believe that Jesus the Christ was as real a person as Moses, the Buddha, and Muhammad.

Just makes me wonder about human nature, and the fact that human nature has been the same since the dawn of humanity.

Which means that there have always been people who for some reason thought they should be in charge of everyone else.

And then you got this dude Jesus who talks about how we're all equal and whatnot, but he gets killed cause what he's saying goes against the people who think they should be in charge. But then hundreds of years after his death there's people saying THEY should be in charge because Jesus.

Interesting.

Last edited:
roll.gif
 Exactly what I was thinking. 

I'm not actually blaming god.  In order to blame god I'd first have to believe in him.

I just think your apologetics are silly and it's apparent to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that you're pulling explanations out of your ***.

Come at me when you have some evidence that indicates there's some truth to your ideas.  Until then, your beliefs are nothing more than nonsense.

That's cool. Have a goodnight man :lol:

Jesus cannot go against God or His laws handed down by Moses. John 5:46 "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me" He is NOT above the law, but he is the word made flesh. John 1:1414 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. Matt5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus worked (healed) on the sabbath. That right there makes your whole argument pointless.

Back
Top Bottom