Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

To my fellow believers:

As a believer, I feel that whole " we are all sinners" thing is misguided. We do sin in our lives knowingly and unknowingly. But I believe a more accurate model is that have the capability/ capacity to sin. But we don't have to, nor do we always. ( Yes, we need Jesus to paid the penalty for our sins, not arguing that). Like If you play sports and you win 50% of your games and lost 50%, are you classified as a loser or winner? I don't sin everyday. (Not saying I'm perfect or better than anyone, but showing a measure of how what I did last week/ month/ year doesn't define who I am today or who I will be tomorrow). I think that whole sinner mindset keeps believers in a state that causes them not to try harder to follow Jesus/ be obedient to Gods commands. Its easy to blame your shortcomings on your condition (like a crutch) versus striving to the fullest to overcome them.

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright..." -Job 1:1
Oh trust me, we know you're not perfect. Not even close to it. That Israel comment blew my mind. Straight up deplorable. Can't believe no one else has commented on that ridiculous statement. Then I remembered, I saw you posting similar stuff in that other thread.

Can't believe people get offended when people question you religious guys, but no one saw the ignorance in your comment. Preach all you want bro, talk all that scripture stuff, but just from that one comment alone you showed your true colors. I laugh if you think your God is accepting of someone with your mentality, but not of someone who doesn't follow a book. 

None of this will resonate with you, but oh well. Someone needed to let you know how stupid your comments were. See you in hell my man 
wink.gif

Last edited:

To my fellow believers:

As a believer, I feel that whole " we are all sinners" thing is misguided. We do sin in our lives knowingly and unknowingly. But I believe a more accurate model is that have the capability/ capacity to sin. But we don't have to, nor do we always. ( Yes, we need Jesus to paid the penalty for our sins, not arguing that). Like If you play sports and you win 50% of your games and lost 50%, are you classified as a loser or winner? I don't sin everyday. (Not saying I'm perfect or better than anyone, but showing a measure of how what I did last week/ month/ year doesn't define who I am today or who I will be tomorrow). I think that whole sinner mindset keeps believers in a state that causes them not to try harder to follow Jesus/ be obedient to Gods commands. Its easy to blame your shortcomings on your condition (like a crutch) versus striving to the fullest to overcome them.

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright..." -Job 1:1
Oh trust me, we know you're not perfect. Not even close to it. That Israel comment blew my mind. Straight up deplorable. Can't believe no one else has commented on that ridiculous statement. Then I remembered, I saw you posting similar stuff in that other thread.

Can't believe people get offended when people question you religious guys, but no one saw the ignorance in your comment. Preach all you want bro, talk all that scripture stuff, but just from that one comment alone you showed your true colors. I laugh if you think your God is accepting of someone with your mentality, but not of someone who doesn't follow a book. 

None of this will resonate with you, but oh well. Someone needed to let you know how stupid your comments were. See you in hell my man 
wink.gif

None of this will resonate with you, but oh well. Someone needed to let you know how stupid your comments were. See you in hell my man :wink:
I love you achi. Be blessed.

Last edited:

Of course, I do not blame 

you for not understanding 

80% of the things I say.

Goodness, kindness, joy, peace

patience, faithfulness, self control, love

regardless of the situation.

Waap.

Before Christ came to die,

they had to sacrifice for forgiveness of sin.
Then help me understand.

I'm all those things without god.

I work with children (special ed) and have patience teaching them without believing in your GOD.

I completely understand hermeneutics, and I thank you for responding.

I'll be looking into your correction, but are you telling me Buddhism does NOT, in ANY way, support that a woman is beneath a man?

I've never read that in a sutra. I'm sure leaders along the way have interpreted pieces of sutras to fit that narrative, but I can't say that I've seen the Buddha declare any group privileged in light of another, outside the acceptance of the four noble truths and following the eightfold path. And even for those who did not accept the truths or follow the path, the Buddha never declared that those people should suffer beyond the suffering they created for themselves.

Dude didn't answer the questions at all, how is Jesus dying on the cross the ultimate sacrifice for our sins if he didn't really die. That's like me calling myself a martyr then getting revived?

why did Jesus have to die? Why can't God just forgive without going through unnecessary hoops?

Why did God implement a situation where they had to sacrifice for forgiveness?  After all he's God and if he were omnipotent he can set up existence in a more humane way were you don't have to sacrifice to been forgiven.

Waits for another answer with babble that addresses none of these questions.:rofl:  

"God works in mysterious ways"

I have this plural/singular debate a lot.

So in the bible when it says let us make mankind in OUR image, we can assume that's plural correct? Who are they?
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Word of God is Christ

Last edited:
HTG are you from the DC area
Then help me understand.

I work with children (special ed) and have patience teaching them without believing in your GOD.

You have good qualities.

We aren't saved by works. But by grace so that no man can boast.

"For we have been saved by grace through faith and this is not your own doing it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Here's another question. Is heaven not a prison? In that plain of existence are we not forced to serve without the burden if free will ?

Then help me understand.

You are only those things

when things are going your way.

We live in a world that loves immorality

As Christians we are hated for

standing up for the truth

and refusing to live by

the prince of this worlds 

ways.

Even with our tribulations

the Holy Spirit gives us

his fruits so that we will

overcome all trials in joy.

You are only those things

when things are going your way.

We live in a world that loves immorality

As Christians we are hated for

standing up for the truth

and refusing to live by

the prince of this worlds 

ways.

Even with our tribulations

the Holy Spirit gives us

his fruits so that we will

overcome all trials in joy.
And you're only Christian when things go your way.

No one ever thanks god when they get fired, gets in an accident, loses their home.

The jokes OP has, man.

Christianity is why black women are so jaded. "It's gods plan" when they're being cheated on or doing the cheating. 

Last edited:
Here's another question. Is heaven not a prison? In that plain of existence are we not forced to serve without the burden if free will ?
We do not know much about 

heaven, but from the few scriptures

that give its description

it is unimaginable.

If you decide to serve God

today, you will see the hunger

for the Lord that comes with it.

No one ever thanks god when they get fired, get in accident, lose their home.

The jokes OP has, man.

Sir that is false. I got into a bit of trouble at my job back in January. Wrongfully accused of disobedience and disrespecting a superior. I was reprimanded and transferred from a place I was very comfortable at. I was pissed at first but after the dust settled, It was BEST for me that I was transferred. Things got terribly bad at my past location.

So in heaven is there any choice? Any free thought? They talk of streets of gold and singing to god forever.

No one ever thanks god when they get fired, gets in an accident, loses their home.

The jokes OP has, man.

Christianity is why black women are so jaded. "It's gods plan" when they're being cheated on or doing the cheating. 
Trust me, I have 

been through tough trials

throughout this summer

but I still will 

praise the Lord.

The Bible says that a life

for God will NOT be easy at all,

but we look onto what is eternal

and the Lord gives us his Spirit

to make it through our everyday

lives.

Being alive today

itself is a blessing.

Be honest believers, does it bother you knowing that non-believers like myself can lead charmed lives and be able to hang around in our underwear on Sundays?

Sir that is false. I got into a bit of trouble at my job back in January. Wrongfully accused of disobedience and disrespecting a superior. I was reprimanded and transferred from a place I was very comfortable at. I was pissed at first but after the dust settled, It was BEST for me that I was transferred. Things got terribly bad at my past location.
And you think GOD did that?

How is it that GOD is your banker, broker, employer, Car Dealer, etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom