This Jussie Smollett Situation is REALLY Bizarre...

Obvious and understood.

But how often does that get prosecuted?

I think this case is gonna be "Let's make an example of this guy, so it doesn't happen again" type of thing. I think they are gonna throw the book at this guy, just to set an example.

I think this case is gonna be "Let's make an example of this guy, so it doesn't happen again" type of thing. I think they are gonna throw the book at this guy, just to set an example.

Well, yeah a few pages back I mentioned that once they mentioned a grand jury, it was abundantly clear that they were going to make an example out of him.

5E43FE80-5E6B-4444-8978-AE232EA0C6E5.jpeg

Ryan Lochte got 0 penalty if I remember correctly...

Y’all tell me the difference.

And I’m not trying to hear any more soft mentions hinting at respectability politics.

Nobody cares about these equivalencies fam
It’s not as if dude was just a innocent person he brought this whole situation on himself
So kill that ******** bruh :rofl::rofl:

Nobody cares about these equivalencies fam
It’s not as if dude was just a innocent person he brought this whole situation on himself
So kill that bull**** bruh :rofl::rofl:

Oh ok.

It was a victimless crime.

The fact that he cried wolf doesn’t have any bearing on future victims of assault...

The only person irreparably damaged by this was him and he will suffer, but I don’t think he should suffer in prison.

This is deserving of a slap on the wrist.

He should pay some fines and that should be the end of it.

Brazil has race issues just like the US does.

We could easily substitute Permit Patty and the question remains.

If we're not putting other people in jail for false accusations, why is this guy facing potential jail time?

There's a difference in exaggerating a situation over the phone and actually filing a formal police report.
Agreed things aren't even or fair in this country, but unfortunately this ain't a good example

There's a difference in exaggerating a situation over the phone and actually filing a formal police report.
Agreed things aren't even or fair in this country, but unfortunately this ain't a good example

There’s also a difference in how the criminal justice system works depending on who you are.

One for whites. One for blacks. One for assorted others.

There’s no such thing as an exact comparison.

Hopefully the point is not lost on you.

It’s crazy how people in this country have come to accept who always has to serve as the example, while others who have committed similar crimes suffer no consequences at all.

Lochke is just one instance. Do y’all need a list?

Foh...

Last edited:
Nobody is arguing that the system is uneven with the weight of punish resting on black people's backs, so relax. All I'm saying is this situation is not a good comparison to the Lochke idiot.

No, we don't need a list. We agree s*** is f*d up for black people and we get punished unfairly.

I know ByleBuzma hates my guts, but he has a point. :lol:

Jussie is responsible for getting himself in this mess, no doubt. But dudes should be worried about how harshly they come down on him.

He committed a lower level non violent felony, some sort of probation and fine should probably be the right call.

One of the biggest drivers of mass incarceration is disparities in sentencing. Black folk usually getting harsher sentences, especially for not violent crimes.

I am not making excuses for his buffoonery. I know Jussie is an idiot, and I know folk are mad at him (or even hate him), but we gotta be cautious about celebrating or being cool with any brotha getting the a punishment on the higher end of the scale.

And I’m not trying to hear any more soft mentions hinting at respectability politics.

Ryan Lochte lied about the details of a robbery in Brazil.

2 very different situations, laws, circumstances.

That's quite a bit of a reach fam.

Dude gotta come clean though, still seeing articles this morning where he's saying he's innocent and feels betrayed, preying on his Scottie Beam type supporters. I'm not sure he's aware of the evidence.

Still a crazy visual of him just sitting there with a store bought noose around his neck, checking his watch, waiting for the police to arrive to his apartment.

Keep that same energy when someone accuses y'all of rape and you rot in jail
Who's rotting in jail right now? You think folks are more harsh on the flip side because of it's dark history? Speaking of history are we used to seeing that side serve jail time? if so i'm cool with it, if not, why is he the one to be the example all of a sudden?

Oh ok.

It was a victimless crime.

The fact that he cried wolf doesn’t have any bearing on future victims of assault...

The only person irreparably damaged by this was him and he will suffer, but I don’t think he should suffer in prison.

This is deserving of a slap on the wrist.

He should pay some fines and that should be the end of it.
Dude had the whole country on edge. Obviously his celebrity plays a part in boosting his story and garnering attention nationwide. He's 36 years old and clearly understand his position in getting attention. This situation had and still has people wondering whether he's telling the truth or not when he's clearly lying. Lying and filing a police report are two separate things. He did both and clearly doesn't have any moral compass. He deserves whatever time in jail he gets. A slap on the wrist is for people who didn't truly understand the ramifications of their actions.

Nope. Scum who LIE to law enforcement should be prosecuted.

Too many black men out here getting killed for NO REASON for some POS to be out here making false claims for whatever reason.

How does that connect to being accused of rap and rotting in jail?

Sorry FAM but your comparison falls way short.

Ryan Lochte lied to Brazilan authorities NOT US. Their criminal justice system is nothing like ours. Sorry but to compare the two incidents doesn’t make sense. The only commonality is they lied to authorities but that’s where it ends.

Your example would be like comparing people in in the US found in possession of drugs are sentenced to probation or prison but in China you could face execution.

They are two totally different criminal justice systems.

I don't want to play the comparison game. I don't want to rationalize why Jussie did what he did nor am I trying to understand why. I just want dude to go straight to jail. He played with fire and got burnt and so could have innocent people.

Back
Top Bottom