This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
So paying a WORLD RECORD FEE for PAUL POGBA isn't ridiculous? You're putting him on the same level as previous record holders like Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Zidane,Figo, Brasilian Ronaldo, Maradona, etc. ? Some of the best players the sport has ever seen? Got it.

We're filthy ****ing rich though. The transfer funds are unlimited. We wanted him and a world record fee was required to get him. You shouldn't look at as he cost the most so he must be the best in the world. The player's current skill isn't the only thing that goes into how the selling/buying clubs value the player. What about potential, marketability, current employer not wanting to sale etc.

Obviously he won't stack up well against those legends of the game who were in their primes during those record transfers but his fee is more a reflection of the times than anything. He was bought for what he's yet to become and all the added commercial advantages a galactico type signing would bring.

Obviously the price is blown up but the fact of the matter was that Juve was never gonna let him go without them and Raiola extorting another club :lol:. The fee can get knocked but there's no denying his talent,Zidane even said he would've signed him if he got his way and Florentino didn't block it

I agree, Raiola definitely played United this past summer. Complete scumbag yet brilliant move :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Obviously he won't stack up well against those legends of the game who were in their primes during those record transfers but his fee is more a reflection of the times than anything. He was bought for what he's yet to become and all the added commercial advantages a galactico type signing would bring.

Obviously the price is blown up but the fact of the matter was that Juve was never gonna let him go without them and Raiola extorting another club :lol:. The fee can get knocked but there's no denying his talent,Zidane even said he would've signed him if he got his way and Florentino didn't block it

Raiola definitely played United this past summer. Complete scumbag yet brilliant move :smh: :lol:

Dude got arguably his top 3 clients to move to the same spot the same summer :rofl:

No wonder he bought Al Capone's Miami pad right after :lol: :x

Dude also has Donnaruma on his roster waiting in the wings whenever he cashes out soon

Last edited:
Dude got arguably his top 3 clients to move to the same spot the same summer :rofl:

No wonder he bought Al Capone's Miami pad right after :lol: :x

Dude also has Donnaruma on his roster whenever he cashes out soon

Even as a neutral I was getting tired of hearing dude basically threatening to have Pogba end up somewhere other than United every two days, even though we all knew he would most likely end up there anyway. I mean Pogba spent all summer dropping hints and teasing Man United fans by doing things like posting pics that had everything in black and white except for whatever was red :lol: I can imagine Man United being tired of it too and just saying "@#$@ it, let's just pay a ridiculous amount and get it over with already"

Last edited:
Yeah that's cool and all but Man U still 6th and words ain't gonna get them pass 6th.

By tomorrow, guess what, they'll still be 6th.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

lemme find out united spent 1000000000000 dollars so they can sustain a euro league spot

Last edited:
I seriously dont know why people are still calling Pogba overrated. Someone should just go back into the old thread and quote all the Pogba praise before he joined United. Im a City supporter and was salty AF when he joined Man U, but banter only goes so far until you just sound like a dumba**.

The money they paid, goal/assists ratio has nothing to do with how hes performing on the pitch. Every team wanted him in the summer, those are fax. Maybe hes 30-40 mill more than his actual worth, but to slander someone that young and talented just because another team paid more is just being delusional. Seem like footy fans are more fickle than NBA fans thse days.
 I think fans no matter the sport are equally as fickle as other sport following. There are ***hats in  every sport following and ***hats in every fanbase none really more than another unfortunately
laugh.gif
. I think we just see more ***hat annoying behavior from basketball/NBA fans on here cause there are more of them on here on this particular forum. The more people the greater the ***hat tendency goes up.

Last edited:
When Man U starts moving up the premier league table then I'll consider them to be top 4 worthy.

I'm a big NBA fan but I never post in that thread. Just thousands of pages of dudes calling everyone trash/washed and arguing about it

Last edited:
Didn't you get banned from this thread for this lol..

Same ol story.. attack united and as soon as we reply, claim we are all in our feelings. Trust when I say I'm not bothered by any of this
No, I got banned for supposedly "insulting someone". I think it was an Arsenal Stan that got me banned

I'm a big NBA fan but I never post in that thread. Just thousands of pages of dudes calling everyone trash/washed and arguing about it
I agree I love my Hawks and a huge basketball fan but I probably won't post in there again until the playoffs at least. But then thats when things seem to normally kick up to the next level soooo 
laugh.gif

It just sucks that the more people involved the more likely you get discussion of the sport will devolve to trash/washed all the time as well
laugh.gif

you got to keep the normal discussion to the actual team threads...

the playoff thread is the serengeti. all jokes and heckling 

Pool v Citeh tomorrow should be lit

Think I read something we have won once at Anfield in the last like 23 meetings... last one was in 2003 :x

I agree I love my Hawks and a huge basketball fan but I probably won't post in there again until the playoffs at least. But then thats when things seem to normally kick up to the next level soooo :lol:

It just sucks that the more people involved the more likely you get discussion of the sport will devolve to trash/washed all the time as well :lol:  
If someone was completely new to the sport and tried using the NBA thread to learn about basketball, that person would probably think the NBA is one of the worst leagues on the planet. I've seen pages upon pages of players like Lebron, Curry, Harden, Chris Paul, Westbrook, and Durant getting called trash, washed, betas, etc. :lol: I mean if all the top players are so trash why do you even watch the sport? There's very few posts like "Player X is a top 10 player, but he has a weakness in this area." It's mostly "Player X is WASHED because of ONE flaw that he has in his game"

Last edited:
Pool v Citeh tomorrow should be lit

Think I read something we have won once at Anfield in the last like 23 meetings... last one was in 2003
sick.gif
Anfield is a tough place to win at. For title hope chances a win is a must and preferred but realistically considering the opposition and it being away at Anfield getting a point is not a bad result at all. It only becomes worrisome when you remember how well Chelsea are doing right now. Chelsea play Stoke, Spurs, Leicester, and Hull in their next few games, I wouldn't expect them to drop many points in those unfortunately.

Last edited:
Manchester United made a major move. They made a big boy move to prove they they're still the big boys in england, no matter where they sit on the table. They made a deal that only a Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona, Man U could make and still carry on like nothing happened.

I'll give them that. Man U ain't nothing to mess with when you're talking them $ signs.

Whether it was a smart purchase has yet be seen, but even Jay lost 92 bricks and made it back. Cause unlike Hammer a hunnid mil ain't hurt them.

I still think he's been overrated thus far. But just cause I think he's been a tad bit overrated, that doesn't mean he's buns.

I just think with where United are at the moment compared to last season, and the price they paid to move him, they could have waited a couple more years to sign him. But then again, the opportunity may not have come back around to get him.

Pogba is basically the 2016 MBP. Costs more for something thats already on the market and is going to take some time getting used to with all them adapters (Fellaini's). But damn its new, shiny, and its nice to stunt on all the other guys in class who ain't upgrade.

So **** it. Play on pleighboi's

Last edited:
Still don't see why people care how much a club spends on players. At the end of the day it also comes down to whether or not the players want to join said club.

Still don't see why people care how much a club spends on players. At the end of the day it also comes down to whether or not the players want to join said club.

I couldn't care less, especially seeing how these clubs spend money like its nothing. Get who you want.

I'm just going by what the media and tons of people online were talking about when he was signed and how "midfielders don't cost as much as forwards" was a huge topic of debate when regarding his price.

But if you got it, spend it. No dambs given. Man U shouldn't pinch their pennies on the account of what everyone else in the league thinks. Park them brinks trucks over at the Etihad if you have to even.

Just get my boy Zlatan an EPL title so he can go out like a legend. If you can, make a deep run in the CL next year for him while you're at it.

I wish the ******* Wizards made these kinda moves. We're struggling to keep Wall cause we spending money on the WRONG cats :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom