This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
 Joey Barton charged with betting offences by FA

Barton is alleged to have placed 1,260 bets on football matches - breaking FA rule E8 - over a 10-year period, from 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016.
Oh Joey...Joey Joey Joey....clearly he has never heard the phrase stop while you're ahead 
roll.gif

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ey-barton-charged-with-betting-offences-by-fa

Who got the most Scudetto's tho? :nerd:

I love it when my mom and uncle talk about the great Milan and Inter teams. She grew up watching the likes of Van Basten, Gullit, Maldini in their prime.

Last edited:

He doesn't have the charisma to pull off what Dinho did, I believe even the Bernabeu crowd cheered for him
yeah dinho got a standing ovation at bernabeu 

it just boils down to dinho being more likeable.

remember when cr7 use to pull out all the tricks at united people didn't appreciate it at all. neymar is in the same boat. 

with dinho his flair isn't really extra. it's how he plays. 

he was born to play like that 
smokin.gif

i personally am for all the flair and tricks.

i remember seeing a game where Cr7 was being pressured by defenders. the ball popped up and he juggled it with his head probably like 4-5 times to get out of pressure. he got whistles and the announcers debated if it was showboating or not.  i thought it was amazing skill to get him out of a tight situation. 

Last edited:
Picture from the charity game Robinho and Neymar did to raise funds for the victims Chapecoense plane crash 

neymar-skill-img3.jpg

need info on that pillow griez is sitting on.. need one for the crib

Sounds like Jese's out after just 6 months.

Sounds like PSG are pretty serious about Rodriguez coming too. Should toss him into a deal to Wolfsburg to get Rodriguez over with Draxler coming. Or even in that rumored Son deal

I still think he can offer something up front though.. But apparently he's causing issues behind closed doors.

Last edited:
ADM and Draxler on the same squad...my thoughts are with Emery :lol:

Jese should've known better than go somewhere where he'd be on the bench,apparently he's gonna go out on loan to Las Palmas if they don't find any buyers in January :lol: :x

*Speaking of ADM...

@GFFN: Angel di Maria reprimanded by Unai Emery & Nasser Al Khelaifi; told this is last chance saloon for starting spot https://t.co/aWnpBtGawr

Heh

Last edited:
With Draxler in, it's gonna be interesting how they play. They're prolly gonna go with a 4-2-3-1 and put Draxler in the 10 role so they can keep Di Maria and Lucas on the wings. Either way you look at it, someone's gotta sit on this bench for this to work. Matuidi could lose out.

Fifa discussing rule that only captains can talk to referees, says Marco van Basten

It was used in this month's Club World Cup  - and was commended by Fifa president Gianni Infantino.

"This is what we have to do to help the referees," Van Basten said about the introduction of technology and discussions around changing other rules.

"We try to make a good product - dynamic, exciting, but in the end also honest.

"There's a lot of emotion in the game and that's what's good - but we have to control it also."

Asked about comparisons with rugby, Van Basten replied: "I think we can learn from every sport and they can learn from us - but we have to confront the problem."

In rugby, only the captain is allowed to speak directly to the referee. In return, the referee is asked to communicate directly with the captain only.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38423665

Last edited:
^ that would actually be a good idea

With Draxler in, it's gonna be interesting how they play. They're prolly gonna go with a 4-2-3-1 and put Draxler in the 10 role so they can keep Di Maria and Lucas on the wings. Either way you look at it, someone's gotta sit on this bench for this to work. Matuidi could lose out.

I'd take matuidi on the bench

Last edited:
I'd take matuidi on the bench
What you think about this set up? 4-2-3-1

Trapp

Aurier------Silva-----Marquinhos---Maxwell

---------Verrati------ Motta------

----Di Maria------Draxler---------Lucas----

Cavani

4-3-3

Trapp

Aurier----Silva----Marquinhos---Maxwell

Matuidi-----Verrati---Rabiot

Lucas---------Draxler

Cavani

That 4-2-3-1 looks dangerous but only if Di Maria has his head on straight. I really want to see him turn up

I would even rotate Motta for Patore from time to time. Throw Kurzawa in there and that exactly how I'd like to see them line up.

I think Draxler is the piece that can help us pick up these lost points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom