This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why i said futsal cages, concrete is easier to maintain than grass

Additionally Outdoor hockey rinks that are unused in the summer could be used for futsal as well

Last edited:

That could work also.

The thing is, I've seen soccer goals in the inzone of a bunch of football fields in VA...

We can't put those in other places?

I'm not asking or expecting them to tear down stuff or to start all new construction. I'm just talking about dropping a couple nets in the inzone at schools, parks, etc. To not only maximize the resources available, but to also give kids more options.

Somewhere like baltimore where there are more things on the list ahead of a soccer field I could understand why they aren't in a rush to build a soccer field, but there are also a lot of places where they just don't build them because the sport isn't either popular enough, or they'd rather just build a basketball court or football field because thats the "demographic"

Last edited:
Could NT do a charity where we can build a soccer pitch in a 3rd world country or something?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think even some 3rd world countries have more soccer fields than the US

But, our contributions would go much further to a smaller 3rd would country and constructing a field

That's one of my biggest gripes about the footy system here in the states. It's very lily white & only the well off can afford to participate in the higher levels of youth footy. Young black & latino kids don't have access to the same avenues as those well to do families & most of them wouldn't welcomed either.

gulati should've opened academies in inner cities pro bono so they could grow the base of players the US has. I think minority kids specifically black kids would flock to footy. I've seen it happen with lacrosse here in Bmore.

As usual so much misinformation and willful ignorance in your post and much of it parroted by others in the following post. Everything I'm about to say I've stated before in these discussions numerous times. It's almost to the point where i'm convinced some people legitimately just want to ***** and moan.

The highest levels of U.S. youth soccer is the United States Soccer Development Academy system. The roster of every academy team in the country is available here on the USSDA website. Click on a team to view its roster.

You love to complain about how lily white our present day system is without any basis and it seems like you outright refuse to accept that reality is very different. A look at virtually any U.S. Academy roster is actually a cool look at exactly where this country is heading demographically. The majority is brown, many mixed or ambiguous, with first and surnames that feature a range of origins that include every ethnicity in the world from A - Z.

In 2016, to say that serious youth football in America is lily white and that it's exclusive to the financially privileged is just factually incorrect. Another poster stated the highest levels of the system are pay to pay, again so much misinformation and it's frustrating because we've had this discussion so many times over the years.

The MLS academies are highest level of youth soccer in America. Of the 22 current operating MLS Academies, DC United is the only one that is not 100% cost free.

You say Sunil Gulati should just open DA academies in our inner cities "pro bono." I know you're ignorant of the cost of operating an academy or a youth club for that matter but you shouldn't be ignorant of the USSF budget or its revenue/expenses. The information is publicly available and it's been posted here before. I don't get how you understand why local municipalities can't just build and upkeep new parks and soccer fields at will, but you don't understand why Gulati can't just open up free academies in our country's urban centers.

As for saying black and brown kids wouldn't be welcome at the highest levels of U.S. youth soccer anyway (despite the fact that they already a core part of the DA talent pool), that's just your usual baseless cynicism talking.

America needs more Futsal cages in inner cities

Our urban centers desperately need any open space to play and Futsal courts are actually viable solutions when it comes to costs and land footprint.

Earlier in the year @Mastamind89 posted a very detailed article on what LA's doing in terms of installing a number of futsal courts throughout the city and the local community response.

I'd love to see that approach taken in Norther California. It's shameful how limited the number of available public places to play are in the Bay Area's inner cities.

Last edited:
TheCity line up today is pretty expected since we are already in the next round. Nice to see Tosin, Maffeo and Nacho always get more burn. Would be nice to see Angelino get in the game too and Foden who is 16 as well

City starting XI: Caballero, Maffeo, Sagna, Adarabioyo, Clichy, Fernando, Zabaleta, Sane, Gundogan, Nolito, Iheanacho

Subs: Gunn, Foden, Stones, Aguero, Otamendi, Navas, Angelino

That could work also.

The thing is, I've seen soccer goals in the inzone of a bunch of football fields in VA...

We can't put those in other places?

Because the facility is used for both football and soccer and someone somewhere has paid $2000-$6000 a piece for those goals to be used by whoever is using the space for soccer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jun/01/us-soccer-diversity-problem-world-football

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2015/3...occer-team-diversity-pay-play-youth-financial

I know the type of financials of putting or making academies in inner cities. My statement was more pipe dream than anything else. I know it's very unlikely or possible...

I can say the experience here in MD it's very lilly white in the upper echelons of footy here. I also know what this kid went through at a top level program here in MD to.

Edit - My wife just reminded me of another kid we know that had the same experience mentioned in my previous post. Although they both played for clubs in the Bethesda/Potomac region, they played at different clubs.

Edit - Funny, when looking at some of the teams listed on the site which I'm familiar with, there are some diverse teams but I see alot of teams with mostly or all white players... I casually looked at 5 teams in each of the age brackets & most of them were predominately white. There was one squad at the top of the U17 age (I think) that surprisingly had mostly black players. :smokin

Last edited:
Our dollars go longer overseas
or we could pull our money together cop some bricks, take the profit 
put it back into some more then we could have enough capital to really build something
not srs
wee-bey-gif

How can I watch this arsenal game? I thought I could watch everything with fox sports go ??

Messi da scumbag gawd scored

Barca are so much easier to watch when Iniesta is playing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom