This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very difficult to move to the EU in general. Most Americans I know that live there do so as English teachers that barely make anything, pub crawl hosts, or live there illegally
laugh.gif
I only mentioned Portugal because Coupe and I both have Portuguese ancestry, so it would be much easier for us. Like I said though, the job market is horrible , especially for the younger population (basically why everything is dirt cheap there). It's hard to enjoy the friendly people, good weather, nightlife, etc. when you're broke in your 20s-30s and living with your parents

You're not considering moving to Portugal? I considered it, but the job industry is so @#$@ there that I'm having second thoughts. I'd be fine for now (I'm an accountant with 4 years of experience in remote consulting work), but if I ever wanted something permanent, I know it would be extremely difficult there. My cousins have as much experience as me and make 1/3rd as much :smh:

I had family in Canada but they JUST moved here permanently a month ago. I called my uncle up (he worked at Deloitte in Vancouver and told me he could've gotten me a job there) and told him he @#$@$@ up and should've waited for me to join him :lol:

You guys know how much I love Portugal and how much pride I have - but I could never permanently live there. Half of my other fam lives in France, I'd consider that but I don't speak French

Guys/Coup

Can we attempt to keep this thread focused on footy.

Tbh I could use an escape from the sadness, shame, despair, anger myself and I'm sure others are feeling, thought this thread could be that escape

I hear you and feel for you. But unfortunately, all my attempts to block this aren't working. Not to mention, I don't post anywhere else; I apologize. Please skip or block me for a while.

I still have my sense of humor but in all honesty, I'm really not joking. I don't know many Canadians, but I do know this thread has many.

So Rolaholic inform me, or any other Canadians please let me know. Or if the Architect himself and fellow Portuguese brother @Nelson C reads this.... Let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
My man Panasonic stays rustling jimmies

I love it.
Slobbing him up just because he roots for Liverpool :lol:

I can clearly see who you voted for.

If you are implying that I voted for Trump, you are wrong.

I do like the fact that there's another Liverpool supporter in here again, after TomD got banned it was just me for a while.

Last edited:
Yeah, the homie Trey was actually against Trump.

We all took that L last night :smh:

Them trolls that were in full effect last night got Panasonic on baby troll status. Westinghouse Black Friday door buster deal level in comparison

Random but while it's int break I just want to say how much I wish the USMNT could get a clean kit one of these years similar to England or the Netherlands.

Something about a solid colored simple kit is classic to me. And England had a clean one at the last WC

View media item 2225609
And the Netherlands too

View media item 2225610
And can't forget about arguably the GOAT national team shirt in terms of clean

View media item 2225611

France and England always have nicer kits than us, same color palette. It's like they go overboard with ours.

These most recent shirts from over the summer have grown on me though.

Nothing is wrong with Portugal, I love it. But I just don't want to live there. I'm still an American first - more of a coastal "American", not the middle American type. The Northeast and the West Coast have way more in common with Canada than some place like Alabama.

fwiw, I'm Canadian-born American

Lucky you bro, you have options :lol:

Last edited:
I would love to move to Vancouver. Diverse, great food, friendly people,lack of extreme weather, big Asian population= :pimp: I've loved it every time I've been out there; reminds me of the Bay Area and Seattle

Last edited:
I'm staying put.

Lived through 8 years of Bush, I can live through 4 years of Trump.

Yeah, but this election proved that paying out the @#$ to live in these kinds of cities >>>>>>>>>>>>> paying cheap rent in the Midwest and South :lol: I'd honestly rather live in a hut in a civilized city than comfortably in those regions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom