This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
France looking for a new kit supplier. They're looking at adidas or Under Armor.

Great weekend for football

City :smh: dropping easy points will come back to haunt you but after the mid week Barca match....can't be too mad. I also feel like Refs don't call PKs based on score some times. KDB got plowed over in the box and the ref didn't call it. It seemed it was like well city is already winning so it was close...but not gonna call it. But it was a clear foul to me. Should have been a 2-0 lead then the end doesn't matter

Pool :smokin :smokin :smokin those boys out there embarrassing teams

Pogba finally going forward great strike (granted it was swansea)

This season is super interesting. Didn't catch the chelsea game but going into the weekend i was thinking they may struggle with Everton....nope :lol:. Arsenal were coming in very hot and i think 1-1 with Tottenham was fair for both teams.

Giovinco da gawd

Toronto in this *****

They disrespecting Ozil in that german kit ad

Last edited:
Giovinco da gawd

Toronto in this *****

They disrespecting Ozil in that german kit ad
for you

germany-2017-confed-cup-kit-1.jpg

Giovinco is gonna be the MLS GOAT in like 2 more years b. This cat was flourishing ever since :pimp:

Los Blancos top of the table. :rolleyes Yellow subs continuing to do well. Convincing 2-0 win over Gus Poyet's Betis over the weekend.

La Liga table as of this morning.

1. Real Madrid
2. Barca
3. Villarreal
4. Atletico Madrid
5. Sevilla

More pics from the GoT cast at the Sevilla vs Barca game. Emilia Clarke :smokin

View media item 2223075View media item 2223076View media item 2223077View media item 2223078View media item 2223079
Giovinco is gonna be the MLS GOAT in like 2 more years b. This cat was is flourishing ever since :pimp:

The best player in MLS period. Not even anywhere close. Also a clear indication of how far back the US is in footy terms.

Last edited:
Giovinco is gonna be the MLS GOAT in like 2 more years b. This cat was is flourishing ever since :pimp:

The best player in MLS period. Not even anywhere close. Also a clear indication of how far back the US is in footy terms.

Agreed on how US is years behind. I didn't wanna give Giovinco the label this early but hey you beat me to it :lol:

Last edited:
Agreed on how US is years behind. I didn't wanna give Giovinco the label this early but hey you beat me to it :lol:

In addition to the goal scoring, whats impressed me is his passing. Led the league in 2015 in goals (22) & assists (16). This year he's third in goals (17) & second in assists (15).

Last edited:
Guy is the shortest dude on the pitch by a mile & yet out works any of the other 21 players on the pitch. :smokin

I hope the new Azzurri skipper Giampiero Ventura gives the Atomic Ant a shot on the squad. I'd like to see him play against better opponents rather than continually face Washington Generals like opposition.

Giovinco not even being nominated for MVP :smh:
1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

They should rename the MVP trophy the Sebastian Giviinco Award

MLS need to do a better job marketing him

Last edited:
Inter has rejected the chance at hiring Marcelin as manager apparently

Guy is the shortest dude on the pitch by a mile & yet out works any of the other 21 players on the pitch. :smokin

I hope the new Azzurri skipper Giampiero Ventura gives the Atomic Ant a shot on the squad. I'd like to see him play against better opponents rather than continually face Washington Generals like opposition.

Unfortunately that's not looking likely,he followed Italian manager tradition by crapping all over MLS and Gio's chances :lol:

@DavidAmoyal: Italy's manager Ventura:"#Giovinco plays in a league that doesn't matter much" #MLS

Italy's manager Ventura:"The number of goals #Giovinco scores matters less because his quality makes a difference in #MLS"

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/ital...because-his-quality-makes-a-difference-in-mls

Yet he still calls up dudes like Zaza,Pelle (who's still in China btw) and Eder regularly :rolleyes

Last edited:
as a barca fan, im extremely happy madrid is spending all that money on ronnie till 2021.

for his diminishing returns, he is going to be sucking madrid dry for 5 more years. 

im not saying he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid because he really does. 

but for 5 more years...thats hard to justify. 

Would love to see Wenger give Giovinco a shot at Carzola role

He outperformed Defoe at Toronto FC who is 4th in Goal scoring in MLS this year and last

He could would be nice at Stokelona to fill in for Swiss Messi too

Whenever I watch La Liga & the other euro leagues over the weekend & then catch the mls games late on Sunday (especially yesterday's play off games), I'm struck at how poorly mls teams play. They let the star or designated players just roam the pitch & mls teams have such poor shape. It's alarming how on that level, it's still kinda kick ball to some degree. The defenders in the mls are largely oafish too. The other thing that's alarming is how wishy washy the refereeing is.

btw, Bundesliga has been fun to watch this campaign. More so than in previous years IMO. I just hate that my watching the league is framed by fox. They just do a terrible job of production led by largely a doofus play by play & studio crew.

Last edited:
as a barca fan, im extremely happy madrid is spending all that money on ronnie till 2021.
for his diminishing returns, he is going to be sucking madrid dry for 5 more years. 

im not saying he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid because he really does. 
but for 5 more years...thats hard to justify. 

I think they're just trying to make sure he retires with them rather than reward for him for his output,I'm sure Barca will do the same for Messi in a few years

Last edited:
Whenever I watch La Liga & the other euro leagues & then catch the mls games late on Sunday (especially yesterday's play off games), I'm struck at how poorly mls teams play. They let the star or designated players just roam the pitch & mls teams have such poor shape. It's alarming how on that level, it's still kinda kick ball to some degree. The defenders in the mls are largely oafish too. The other thing that's alarming is how wishy washy the refereeing is.
yeah i tuned in last night but the play was pretty awful.

misplaced 10 yard passes by a mile.  

the refs are terrible.

taylor twellman is the worst

i like the enthusiasm though.

I think they're just trying to make sure he retires with them rather than reward for him for his output,I'm sure Barca will do the same for Messi in a few years
yeah ok i get that. 

the difference is messi is already changing his game to be more effective 

ronnie is going to be goal hunting till he cant walk anymore.  i really doubt he will start deferring to bale like messi has already started to neymar and suarez

dont you think you will see a rooney type situation happening there?

i hope ronnie blesses the MLS. i honestly would root for him if he came out here.

Last edited:
I don't think a player like Ron will ever fall off a cliff like Roo so no :rofl:

What's funny is that he's older than Roo :lol: :smh:

Although I could see him playing up top more though as his altheticism starts to decline and as you mentioned,hes probably still gonna want his goals :lol:.

It is gonna be interesting further down the line though if his game/form really does drop off a lot to see if they'll actually have the balls to drop the highest paid player in the world :lol:

Ronnie to Miami/LA could be a great look if his play does fall off

Last edited:
Ronnie deserves anything and everything he wants tbh

They could put him in at #9 and he'd probably out perform Benz in 5 years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom