This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose Mourinho bemoans #MUFC's slow start: "[It was like] they were playing a Champions League final and we were playing a summer friendly."
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) November 3, 2016

Full Quote:

“I think they deserved to win. Football is not just about quality, it’s also about effort, commitment, playing to the limits and giving everything. A team that concedes a goal after two minutes is a team that is not ready, not prepared, not concentrated .. it’s our fault. After their second goal we had a reaction but we didn’t deserve more because football is 90 minutes and it is to be played at the maximum of your desire, concentration and capacity ... At the start it was like they were playing the Champions League final and we were playing a summer friendly. That’s the reality.”

damn pep's shadow is getting bigger and bigger lmaooo

pogba out there wasting his career

Last edited:
damn pep's shadow is getting bigger and bigger lmaooo

pogba out there wasting his career

PL was supposed to be Jose's house.

He let Pep come in and put his muddy feet all over the couch week 1.

Pep ran him out the neighborhood :smh:

Last edited:
Jose Mourinho bemoans #MUFC's slow start: "[It was like] they were playing a Champions League final and we were playing a summer friendly."
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) November 3, 2016

Full Quote:

“I think they deserved to win. Football is not just about quality, it’s also about effort, commitment, playing to the limits and giving everything. A team that concedes a goal after two minutes is a team that is not ready, not prepared, not concentrated .. it’s our fault. After their second goal we had a reaction but we didn’t deserve more because football is 90 minutes and it is to be played at the maximum of your desire, concentration and capacity ... At the start it was like they were playing the Champions League final and we were playing a summer friendly. That’s the reality.”

That's hogwash. That first goal, was a world class stunner. And in footy, that happens sometimes.

The problem is that after that, there was no clear plan, no real tactics, no changes made to come back. And that, is down to Mou and Mou alone.

Pep went into the half with his team taking strain against Barca, second half they came out a different team and put in work. Mou didn't do the same, he didn't adapt and he paid the price.

He can cry all he wants about players desire etc, but it's down to the manager to instill and maintain that desire over a long season.

PL was supposed to be Jose's house.

He let Pep come in and put his muddy feet all over the couch week 1.

Pep ran him out the neighborhood
mean.gif

Handanovic with an impressive PK save. The penalty was harsh on Perisic tho. Im surprised hes still not at a bigger club than Inter, world class keeper.

Last edited:
Aritz Aduriz scoring five goals for Bilbao.

Man is 35 and balling.

He'd be a legend in MLS.

Last edited:
Rashford needs to sit too, he's good but not that good

There were reports earlier today of the club thinking he might be overworked right now. He did come up straight from the U-18 to U-21's to the first team all under a year and has been playing a ton of Footy for club and country. You kight be right,thing is though, Zlatan also needs to take a seat :lol:

Yes sir. If it was up to me I'd play Martial up top, let Lingard take his place on the wing and put Valencia on the right wing. Let Mata do his thing in the hole too.

:lol: @ espn fc's Steve Nicol pronouncing Mkhitaryan like it was a Scottish name.

Edit - why does mls make a conscious effort to not recognize Sebastian Giovinco?

Last edited:

Edit: I also think as strange as it sounds, a lot of RM players look too hard for the "highlight cross"
what do you mean by this?
Everyone knows RM players have a penchant for the glory/glamor. James hit a cross to Morata earlier in the season, I think the Lisbon comeback, and got a ton of praise and hero recognition for it. Ever since then cats are just hitting early untimely forced crosses trying to get that "oh he's such a brilliant playmaker/set-up man" recognition.

They forget they have the skill to link up and play through the middle sometimes because of their physical advantage they usually have with da BBC

I hate when ESPN put Arsenal high on their team power ranking. Pretty much same as Madden curse.

Speaking on that lame *** title for an award, why did they give that **** the green light.

My mans came back to the league.

Lets say hypothetically, he won the award...

"And the MLS Landon Donovan Most Valuable Player award goes to... Landon Donovan..."

Wtf, b.

Last edited:
They slobbed all over his knob last season

Not when it came to awards/all-star teams and other honors :lol:

They stay doing him dirty when he's the MLS GOAT :smh:

He did win MVP last season though

But who really wants to be the "Landon Donovan" MVP 2 years in a row anyway... (the name sucks)

Oh kk thought I read somewhere that he got snubbed recently. Don't know if it was the all star squad or MVP,dude should be cleaning up and sweeping almost everything though :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom