This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tuchel got sacked by BVB just days after winning their first trophy in 5 years as well as him confirming that he'd be back next season...quite the thank you for steering the ship and bringing them back to CL footy after that dreadful final season under Klopp. Not sure how or why their owners could expect anything more when they sell their best players after each season,often to their direct title rival too...

BVB's ownership have rubbed me the wrong way lately,so much smugness after achieving not that much. Doesn't help that they like to talk **** and badmouth their foreign players on their way out

In other manager news,Spalletti also stepped down from Roma but I think that was expected

Well...I just saw this now...and read this on reddit...

"Tuchel was fighting with half of the club. With the scouting department, the board and parts of the team itself.
Hard to tell how bad the fighting was from the outside, but it must have been severe.
Edit:
Also this:
"He had a falling out with Watzke (and part of the staff). He's notoriously hard to work with and lies in interviews with the press.
In the end what did the trick was him making it look like Watzke was this cold-hearted manager who didn't think of the team when having to do the Monaco rematch one day after the bomb attack. Watzke was more or less forced to by UEFA and Monaco but he said Tuchel or any player could refuse if they wanted to. Tuchel didn't object but then afterwards he made it look like they were forced.
That put Watzke in a position he had to act. He started leaking infos about how ****** the partnership between management and coach really is. (There were always hints but they've kept it under control.) So with Tuchel's image being shattered they could fire him even tho' he had a pretty successful stint and just won the cup.
tl;dr: Tuchel is douche."

That basically sums it up right there of why he was sacked. Looks like he dug himself a hole. I'm not sure who will come in next and how they will perform. It's a shame it worked out like this cause like you said, they continuously sell their best players.

Yea there were rumors for weeks about them having a falling out but I thought they had patched things up when Tuchel himself said that he'd be back after they won the league cup in spite of all the drama

Came across an article with more details on how things deteriorated

@uersfeld:
Thomas Tuchel's toxic breakdown with Borussia Dortmund hierarchy [About Borussia Dortmund's 2017]

http://www.espnfc.com/club/borussia...th-dortmund-hierarchy-leads-to-premature-exit

Still crazy to see it happen so soon after he was one of the hottest/most highly regarded managers in Europe.

The Gunners could have had a ready made Wenger replacement potentially since apparently they reached out to him when Wengers future was still up in the air a few months back :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, Tuchel had those boys playing some solid ball too. I think he would fit in well at Spurs if Poch ever moves on

If PSG can't get Alexis, Aubameyang and Laporte should be the targets this summer

Still want Oblak tho

@F8Piraux:
REPORT : French striker Antoine #Griezmann wants to leave Atletico Madrid after sending to his club a transfer request. (@RuizAntonito)

1470470341526.gif

Didn't even think that would be needed since he has a clause but encouraging signs no less...:nerd:

Last edited:
:lol: [emoji]127995[/emoji] :nerd:

I'd imagine Atleti will go after Costa if the transfer goes through. The possibility of Costa + Lacazette would be more than enough to replace Griez's goals

Last edited:
More silly season news

@SkySportsNewsHQ:
BREAKING: Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez has asked to leave the club this summer #SSNHQ

Todays been a busy day already,Mahrez to Monaco?

#mufc are willing to pay Antoine Griezmann's €100m release clause, as well as another European club [l'equipe]

That other club has to be P$G surely no?

Last edited:
Bruma's agent Catió Baldé says agreement has been reached between Galatasaray and Leipzig for Portuguese winger to move to German club.
Benfica president LFV looking make inroads into club's massive debt. Six SLB stars who could be sold this summer http://bit.ly/2qu9llB
Giroud wants reassurances he'll play more next year & has had two meetings with Wenger. Lyon & Marseille keen on #Arsenal striker (L'Equipe)
BREAKING: Wolves to appoint former Porto manager Nuno Espírito Santo as their new head coach in the next 24 hours #SSNHQ
Mateo Musacchio's move to AC Milan is done! €18m (says @DiMarzio). 4 year contract.

Last edited:
More silly season news

@SkySportsNewsHQ:
BREAKING: Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez has asked to leave the club this summer #SSNHQ

#mufc are willing to pay Antoine Griezmann's €100m release clause, as well as another European club [l'equipe]

I don't think Griez is interested in Paris. I'd love to see him tearing up Ligue 1, but even if PSG drop 101m on him, I don't think he'd agree.

If Zlatan stays one more year at United, I hope they play a 4-3-3 with Martial, Zlatan, Griez in front.

Oh Riyad, played this year like he knew he was going. Thanks for everything, but please go abroad.

^^ If I were Levy and Spurs,I'd try to make a cheeky bid for him...

He'd flourish with their personnel imo

More silly season news

@SkySportsNewsHQ:

I don't think Griez is interested in Paris. I'd love to see him tearing up Ligue 1, but even if PSG drop 101m on him, I don't think he'd agree.

If Zlatan stays one more year at United, I hope they play a 4-3-3 with Martial, Zlatan, Griez in front.

They're the main club I could see matching that's also actively in search of another attacker.

Ibra playing in front of Griez could be a good look depending on how his recovery goes but I'm not all that certain that he'll stick around. His agent's made it clear that he's reviewing offers from abroad and his future is still up in the air. Guess we'll probably have a definitive answer when the window closes to see if Mou's signed another no.9 or not.

I'd love for Tony to start but if the Perisic deal goes through,he'll probably be the 2nd option on the left.

Last edited:
He leaves having been the most skilful and exciting player I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt, as with Kante, can be proud and happy to say they've played for us. Hope we get a decent fee, wish him all the best.

His season during the title run will forever be memorable,looked like he was playing at an Alexis/Hazard level on his day which was more often than not last season :lol:

Last edited:

Bayern paying 100m on one player? Not their style at all

They're the type of club that never spends exorbitantly but can still snap up top talent on a discount for some reason ala Juve. Gets me salty :lol: :smh:

That's because both of those teams are the only contenders for titles in their leagues.

Players will gladly go there to collect their league medal and work towards CL medal.

Andreas Pereira to get Man United chance after loan return
Kelechi Iheanacho's agent has told @owngoalnigeria that a move to @WestHamUtd is "very advanced". Deal thought to be worth around £20m.
Ederson posted this on Instagram
View media item 2449820

These clubs wasting no time when it comes to business :wow:

Where's my guy @chiva1908, Chivas won the league, hope my dude didn't get a heart attack out there.

His season during the title run will forever be memorable,looked like he was playing at an Alexis/Hazard level on his day which was more often than not last season :lol:
he used to dance all over the pitch, don't know what happened to him this past season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom