This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurs are braced for a £40m offer from City for Kyle Walker (27) this week, but are adamant he will not leave for below £50m. [The Times]
@rck3sactown  thougths? 
fine with that... would rather he go to Bayern but 40m for Kyle Walker is decent business.

sidenote, as big of a bust Sissoko was this past season, if Poch wants to go 3 in the back full time, I kinda would not mind a wingback experiment with Sissoko 

Spurs are braced for a £40m offer from City for Kyle Walker (27) this week, but are adamant he will not leave for below £50m. [The Times]
@rck3sactown
 thougths? 
Y'all greedy b
We got no right fullbacks right now my guy we gotta do something.

@rck3sactown  thougths? 
fine with that... would rather he go to Bayern but 40m for Kyle Walker is decent business.
I think the emergence of Trippier makes selling Walker if it comes to that a easier decision, to me he has shown he can be a capable starter in the premier league for a club like Spurs who seem to be ready to compete for titles year in and year out

Its real nice nice to see a City youth product in Trippier break through in a competitive side like Spurs. Happy for him

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rck3sactown  

I think the emergence of Trippier makes selling Walker if it comes to that a easier decision, to me he has shown he can be a capable starter in the premier league for a club like Spurs who seem to be ready to compete for titles year in and year out

Its real nice nice to see a City youth product in Trippier break through in a competitive side like Spurs. Happy for him
I like Trippier, and I actually like the final balls that he plays a bit over Walker.... but just everything else he is not quite on the same level as Walker.

If the 3 in the back can cover for whatever Trippier lacks then I'll be fine with him taking over. 

And tbh as a very biased USMNT fan, now would be a nice time to have Yedlin as a Hotspur 
laugh.gif

From the chairmans mouth
Delivering his end of season address from Abu Dhabi, Khaldoon was asked if Aguero would still be at the club next season.

“Absolutely,” he responded. “There has never been a doubt about that. 

“I’ve read a lot about the speculation and it’s ridiculous.

“Sergio Aguero is one of the best players in the world and we are a team that aspires to win in every competition we compete in.

“Having Sergio Aguero as part of the squad is an absolute must and it has never been in doubt.”

So Tuchel got sacked by BVB just days after winning their first trophy in 5 years as well as him confirming that he'd be back next season...quite the thank you for steering the ship and bringing them back to CL footy after that dreadful final season under Klopp. Not sure how or why their owners could expect anything more when they sell their best players after each season,often to their direct title rival too...

BVB's ownership have rubbed me the wrong way lately,so much smugness after achieving not that much. Doesn't help that they like to talk **** and badmouth their foreign players on their way out

In other manager news,Spalletti also stepped down from Roma but I think that was expected

Last edited:
Wenger met Kroenke ahead of board meeting to decide his future

AS Roma have opened talks with representatives of Davy Klaassen over a possible move to Italy. Klaassen is the prime candidate to replace Radja Nainggolan at AS Roma. Lazio, Napoli and Everton are also interested. Roma hope to get a deal done as soon as Nainggolan completes his imminent EPL move. Ajax want between €25m - €30m for their captain.

I hope Radja goes to United. I'll miss him at Roma but dude deserves better. Too much raw talent.

United DOES NOT need to be buying 29 year old midfielders at a premium right now. I'd be much happier with someone who's quality at 25-27.

When do united fans see a return to the top?

Just in reference to Radja going there. If you think in the next year or two you can make a run at the League title or Champions league i think its a great move. But if you don't see the young guys getting it together for 4 or so years...then i agree might be paying too much for a stop gap midfielder

Wenger met Kroenke ahead of board meeting to decide his future

AS Roma have opened talks with representatives of Davy Klaassen over a possible move to Italy. Klaassen is the prime candidate to replace Radja Nainggolan at AS Roma. Lazio, Napoli and Everton are also interested. Roma hope to get a deal done as soon as Nainggolan completes his imminent EPL move. Ajax want between €25m - €30m for their captain.

I hope Radja goes to United. I'll miss him at Roma but dude deserves better. Too much raw talent.

United DOES NOT need to be buying 29 year old midfielders at a premium right now. I'd be much happier with someone who's quality at 25-27.

Holding out hope for someone like Fabinho getting signed to play behind Pogba and Ander

When do united fans see a return to the top?

Just in reference to Radja going there. If you think in the next year or two you can make a run at the League title or Champions league i think its a great move. But if you don't see the young guys getting it together for 4 or so years...then i agree might be paying too much for a stop gap midfielder

Mou always delivers within 3. So I'll give time.

I'd take Radja short term if the other options aren't feasible,he's still a real good player and would add some intensity to the MF and unlike Fro,he's actually skilled on the ball. Feels like he's been rumored to go to England for 3-4 summers running now :lol:

Last edited:
If any other City fans are interested in watching. It's very clear the Chairman and Pep are on the same page watching this interview. I like that he does this gives the fans an idea of where the higher ups heads are.

Last edited:
I'd take Radja short term if the other options aren't feasible,he's still a real good player and would add some intensity to the MF and unlike Fro,he's skiled on the ball. Feels like he's been rumored to go to England for 3-4 summers running now :lol:

That's part of the reason I'm turned off. :lol: feels like Wesley Snjeider all over again....

So Tuchel got sacked by BVB just days after winning their first trophy in 5 years as well as him confirming that he'd be back next season...quite the thank you for steering the ship and bringing them back to CL footy after that dreadful final season under Klopp. Not sure how or why their owners could expect anything more when they sell their best players after each season,often to their direct title rival too...

BVB's ownership have rubbed me the wrong way lately,so much smugness after achieving not that much. Doesn't help that they like to talk **** and badmouth their foreign players on their way out

In other manager news,Spalletti also stepped down from Roma but I think that was expected

Well...I just saw this now...and read this on reddit...

"Tuchel was fighting with half of the club. With the scouting department, the board and parts of the team itself.
Hard to tell how bad the fighting was from the outside, but it must have been severe.
Edit:
Also this:
"He had a falling out with Watzke (and part of the staff). He's notoriously hard to work with and lies in interviews with the press.
In the end what did the trick was him making it look like Watzke was this cold-hearted manager who didn't think of the team when having to do the Monaco rematch one day after the bomb attack. Watzke was more or less forced to by UEFA and Monaco but he said Tuchel or any player could refuse if they wanted to. Tuchel didn't object but then afterwards he made it look like they were forced.
That put Watzke in a position he had to act. He started leaking infos about how ****** the partnership between management and coach really is. (There were always hints but they've kept it under control.) So with Tuchel's image being shattered they could fire him even tho' he had a pretty successful stint and just won the cup.
tl;dr: Tuchel is douche."

That basically sums it up right there of why he was sacked. Looks like he dug himself a hole. I'm not sure who will come in next and how they will perform. It's a shame it worked out like this cause like you said, they continuously sell their best players.

Bale is ready, Isco still needs to start tho

Woody should be ready if Bale doesn't...:nerd:

I'd take Radja short term if the other options aren't feasible,he's still a real good player and would add some intensity to the MF and unlike Fro,he's skiled on the ball. Feels like he's been rumored to go to England for 3-4 summers running now :lol:

That's part of the reason I'm turned off. :lol: feels like Wesley Snjeider all over again....
:lol:,Roma haven't wanted to let him go it looks like. The Sneider stuff was never-ending,had to last more than 5-6 years :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom