This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copa Del Rey final preview tomorrow with Alaves hosting Barca.

Then what'll hopefully be a good dress rehearsal for Napoli after some time off for RM @ Osasuna.

Last edited:
Always hated Man U, but I always had nothing but respect for SAF

13 Premier League titles from 1992-2013 :x

Doubt that will ever be replicated.

I respect his credentials but he was one of the most irritating managers to watch. Always trying to bully the refs into giving excessive extra time to Man United or influencing them into making decisions go their way the next match :smh: :lol:

View media item 2327936
View media item 2327941
View media item 2327943
View media item 2327944

Last edited:
PSG vs Bordeaux
@PRIME

is this how yall are gonna line up on tuesday but with silva?

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Bruh, that back line would get murdered by MSN

This should be an easy 3 points, but it won't be.

We not jumping monaco until the CL starts back up.

But then again, we're buns. We might not.

Go team!

Last edited:
jape jape With Thiago and Serge I think the defense will be decent. But I think Marquinhos will get caught sleeping against Suarez

Man if Di Maria would have made that :x

I see where he's coming from.....I've said it before....in a way...when it's all said and done...

Wenger has done an amazing job for Arsenal. Keeping them in CL footy while transitioning to the new stadium over a long period of time is very impressive. Wenger is very clearly meeting the demands of the board. They wouldn't be rewarding him with new contracts if he wasnt.

The only issue I do have really when I watch Arsenal over the years. Is why does Wenger consistently buy the same type of player? Particularly in the CM/CDM roles. Why are Arsenal players always being easily bowled over? Why are their midfielders always slim and dainty? I've always wondered why the defensive minded players are not more like a Matic?

The OVERALL problem is not with Wenger, it's with the board. With a new manager, with the same budget, and the same board issues I'm not particularly sure they're going to see the joy they want.
i agree with a lot here. I have views of Arsene that definitely fall under the Wenger apologists category. I too believe when he finally retires from Arsenal, more and more gunners will begin to appreciate what he did during that transitioning time. What seems to be a small budget given to wenger, managed to still keep the club in a european spot for his entire tenure which is very impressive in itself considering the type of players he has had throughout the years since 06, eboue, Squillaci, Andre Santos, Bendtner, Djourou, gervinho.....and it goes on and on. With these sub par players, he still managed them to qualification and for that i feel it has in the long run been positive for the club keeping the club a viable option for young/veteran players to consider as an option because of the opportunity to play champions league ball. IMHO since the banter era ended with the purchase of Ozil, i truly believe Arsenal has steadily improved since then in a positive way. This is one of the best teams we have had in a while, with the disappointing results and recent injuries aside, the squad has a lot of talent and depth to it. I feel wenger is still not being given enough credit for still being able to get players like Alexis, Ozil in their primes and players like Cech who is a keeper legend to come to arsenal while having all this "Lack of ambition". Ive said it before and i thinks its BS that you could say to at least wenger and the players that they lack ambition. He's steadily added real quality players who are now being considered by the elite clubs of the world and yet somehow he still gets flack for it. I will say the man is stubborn and arrogant in how he goes about who he wants in his squads, which has been a fault to him and a hinderance on the squad; he has been too loyal to quite a few players (I.E. ramsey, walcott) because he believes so much in the guys and does not bench them when they play poorly as they often do now. The players deserve a lot of critisiscm next to wenger because many of these lads have the talent but now im convinced its something mental as henry recently pointed out.

Ive been #WengerIn this entire time, mostly because i truly dont know whats going on behind closed doors and how much limits are put on arsene by the board. More smoke has risen from the fire that is the board at arsenal who seem to be limiting the club and arsene in how he can operate and it seems arsene is fine complying with some of their demands as well. This season with quality opportunities to move on from wenger and grab and good manager, ive started to cross that line into #WengerOut. Right now there is still part of me that i think arsene should stay and try to fix it because he gathered these players and we have been a better team overall since signing Ozil BUT with the chance of getting someone like allegri, tuchel or maybe even trying for simeone i think it would be wise and time for arsene to move on from arsenal for the sake of the club. you are most definitely correct that if the board remains with the same limits with the new manager than not much will change but with someone like allegri, i think that would change the atmosphere at the club, greatly improve and help players mentality here as im sure he wont play favorites. And if the same restrictions are imposed on a manager like allegri then i think we would realize sooner than later and the disdain for the board will boil over.

Last edited:
Speaking of Wenger,there's been a whole lot of smoke regarding him leaving after the season lately...

Apparently even Gunner legend I am Wright thinks he's on his way out

@FromTStands: Ian Wright has revealed he met with Arsène Wenger last night, who told him his time at Arsenal is "coming to the end". [bbc5live]

From all the rumors to Allegri keeping quiet and not denying anything when asked,looks like this might be it for Wenger...

I know at least half of Gooners are gonna be ecstatic if that's the case :lol:

Speaking of Wenger,there's been a whole lot of smoke regarding him leaving after the season lately...

Apparently even Gunner legend I am Wright thinks he's on his way out

@FromTStands: Ian Wright has revealed he met with Arsène Wenger last night, who told him his time at Arsenal is "coming to the end". [bbc5live]

From all the rumors to Allegri keeping quiet and not denying anything when asked,looks like this might be it for Wenger...

I know at least half of Gooners are gonna be ecstatic if that's the case :lol:
I'll be celebrating that day harder than my 21st bday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom