These Popeye's commercials....vol. Annie the Chicken Queen

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

chicken-annie-590.jpg

I Know Annie the Chicken Queen holdin that Mass, all that Fried Chicken and Shrimp.

I'd Smash Raw.
ohwell.gif

YES... i think she got that mass, fams... i can tell by them shoulders and arms...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

After lookin @ the commercial again, i think she got that old lady mass
I'd still smash though. She probably talk about all the exclusive food they got coming out while smashing.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

I just watched Nicki Minaj's new video, and it's undeniable that that video is more damaging to the black community than a 30-second commercial of a middle-aged black woman dancing with a piece of chicken. 

Nicki Minaj wears provocative clothing while shaking her butt, pours a drink on her breasts, and later gives a lapdance all in one video. And teenage black girls look up to her.
Thanks for saying this. Even though they both are offensive, people turn the other cheek when it comes to music. People don't talk about the oppression nonsense when they are in the club touching the sky for T Pain.

There are no positive women for teenaged black girls to look up to right now man. It bothers me. BOTHERS me. Being a garden tool is all they see.

Word. We need more Condeleeza's. Too bad she can't sell records.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just watched Nicki Minaj's new video, and it's undeniable that that video is more damaging to the black community than a 30-second commercial of a middle-aged black woman dancing with a piece of chicken. 

Nicki Minaj wears provocative clothing while shaking her butt, pours a drink on her breasts, and later gives a lapdance all in one video. And teenage black girls look up to her.
Thanks for saying this. Even though they both are offensive, people turn the other cheek when it comes to music. People don't talk about the oppression nonsense when they are in the club touching the sky for T Pain.

There are no positive women for teenaged black girls to look up to right now man. It bothers me. BOTHERS me. Being a garden tool is all they see.

Word. We need more Condeleeza's. Too bad she can't sell records.

Condeleeza is a politician. I don't think politicians are able to be moral creatures due to their jobs. But I understand what you are saying. Conservative and not a garden tool in public.

Condeleeza is a politician. I don't think politicians are able to be moral creatures due to their jobs. But I understand what you are saying. Conservative and not a garden tool in public.

chicken-annie-590.jpg

I Know Annie the Chicken Queen holdin that Mass, all that Fried Chicken and Shrimp.

I'd Smash Raw.
ohwell.gif

YES... i think she got that mass, fams... i can tell by them shoulders and arms...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd still smash though. She probably talk about all the exclusive food they got coming out while smashing.
laugh.gif

chicken-annie-590.jpg

I'd Smash Raw.
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

NTers love to go against the grain. Is this lady dancing with pieces of fried chicken going to destroy the black community? No. Is it as bad as Nicki Minaj (who I absolutely despise by the way) or your typical rap song? No. But this type of portrayal of black women in mainstream America needs to stop. "Annie" is a mammy and when you add in elements like fried chicken and dancing (shuck 'n jive) this crap is downright offensive. The unfortunate part of this is that the people that are being disrespected and should take offense to these commercials probably don't because they fail to realize that the joke is on them. But hey, ignorance is bliss right?

And for what it's worth, I'm black and I don't like watermelon at all.

*Cue the "You Mad?" and "Didn't Read" .gifs*

NTers love to go against the grain. Is this lady dancing with pieces of fried chicken going to destroy the black community? No. Is it as bad as Nicki Minaj (who I absolutely despise by the way) or your typical rap song? No. But this type of portrayal of black women in mainstream America needs to stop. "Annie" is a mammy and when you add in elements like fried chicken and dancing (shuck 'n jive) this crap is downright offensive. The unfortunate part of this is that the people that are being disrespected and should take offense to these commercials probably don't because they fail to realize that the joke is on them. But hey, ignorance is bliss right?

And for what it's worth, I'm black and I don't like watermelon at all.

*Cue the "You Mad?" and "Didn't Read" .gifs*

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Nash

eyes.gif

It's a resurrection of the classic Mammy stereotype...try not to speak on things you don't know much about.
I'm just giving you a perspective from other minorities.

Mountains out of mole hills.

every single human loves those things though.  i never got why that stereotype stuck to black people.  white people eat it just as much. i eat fried chicken at least once a week.
Every single human, and the most cultures use rice as a dish yet Asians are stuck with the rice stereotype.  We are stuck with tacos and salsa.  %*** it.

Ya'll are going to your graves *+@!$ about something completely pointless.

i don't really care, i was just stating white people like chicken too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

eyes.gif

It's a resurrection of the classic Mammy stereotype...try not to speak on things you don't know much about.
I'm just giving you a perspective from other minorities.

Mountains out of mole hills.

every single human loves those things though.  i never got why that stereotype stuck to black people.  white people eat it just as much. i eat fried chicken at least once a week.
Every single human, and the most cultures use rice as a dish yet Asians are stuck with the rice stereotype.  We are stuck with tacos and salsa.  %*** it.

Ya'll are going to your graves *+@!$ about something completely pointless.

i don't really care, i was just stating white people like chicken too.
laugh.gif

I refuse to believe that that's the commercial. 
eek.gif
No, really... THAT was the offensive commercial? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

People who find this offensive couldn't possibly support rappers who talk about illegal activity and other vile acts, right?

The offensiveness of a black woman dancing with chicken, in comparison to what you're prone to hear from rappers, is downright laughable.
How dare you? We, as a people, have every right to ignore what's really hurting our community and focus on stuff that doesn't matter. Yes we like chicken, but how dare they (white people)  say that we do.
eyes.gif

This woman from Popeye's is a mammy? Really?

If you're really offended, you'd stop eating the food. Write them a letter, or send them an email. Let them know how you feel. But I know that no one is really offended. These commercials have been airing for a while, this is all lip service. You feel like you're supposed to be offened, but you're really not. How any one can be offended by this, but for example, can visit worldstar on a daily basis is baffling.

I think that's what it is.

Nicki Minaj's video will get more views this month than this commercial will in total.

It's amazing what a piece of chicken can do. A black woman holding a piece of chicken while making a small dance movement raises more eyebrows than a popular black female entertainer selling sex, and mentioning a guy of her interest selling coke in a song, while she's idolized by a copious amount of young, impressionable black females.

30t6p3b.gif
 Shame on Popeye's and that sellout black woman.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

DRETHEMAN wrote:

Every single black friend I have ever had has loved fried chicken..... and watermelon... I'm just sayin.

i think u missin the point

30t6p3b.gif
im sensing some low key racism in here...
nerd.gif
.. and yea popeyes commercials has been annoying the hell out of me for a long time. mcdonalds has been pissing me off too. some of those ads are just ignorant; clearly marketing the fast food to black people because so many in the black community are poor.

Back
Top Bottom