These Popeye's commercials....vol. Annie the Chicken Queen

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

Every single black friend I have ever had has loved fried chicken..... and watermelon... I'm just sayin.

word, and every single white friend i have / had loved parsnips...

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

Every single black friend I have ever had has loved fried chicken..... and watermelon... I'm just sayin.

word, and every single white friend i have / had loved parsnips...

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282
this

its like they have commercials for blacks then commercials for whites.

whats up wit that #$%^
grin.gif

Right.

And in the case of the Popeyes lady, she is shown as an individual in a lot of ways. She has a name, she is the queen of chicken or whatever, etc.  So the argument can be made that she's presented as an individual and acts as such.

McDonald's ads have random black people doing stereotypical black people things.  Singing R&B songs about McNuggets.

Exactly
laugh.gif

this

whats up wit that #$%^
grin.gif

Right.

And in the case of the Popeyes lady, she is shown as an individual in a lot of ways. She has a name, she is the queen of chicken or whatever, etc.  So the argument can be made that she's presented as an individual and acts as such.

McDonald's ads have random black people doing stereotypical black people things.  Singing R&B songs about McNuggets.

Exactly
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

this

whats up wit that #$%^
grin.gif

Right.

Don't be stingaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I remember that commercial.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

this

whats up wit that #$%^
grin.gif

Right.

Don't be stingaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I remember that commercial.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

I just watched Nicki Minaj's new video, and it's undeniable that that video is more damaging to the black community than a 30-second commercial of a middle-aged black woman dancing with a piece of chicken.  

Nicki Minaj wears provocative clothing while shaking her butt, pours a drink on her breasts, and later gives a lapdance all in one video. And teenage black girls look up to her.
Thanks for saying this. Even though they both are offensive, people turn the other cheek when it comes to music. People don't talk about the oppression nonsense when they are in the club touching the sky for T Pain.

There are no positive women for teenaged black girls to look up to right now man. It bothers me. BOTHERS me. Being a garden tool is all they see.

There are many positive black women for teenaged girls to look up to. The problem is the parents not giving a damn about it and thinking that television (an entertainment medium) is where who we look up to should come. Parents should scour business magazines to find real role models such as the women below. I think another problem is that a magazine like this even needs to exist. 

1. Sheryl Adkins-Green, Global Vice President, Brand Development, Mary Kay, Inc.
    Adkins-Green leads Mary Kay’s global product strategy, which includes product positioning, packaging, product education, and pricing for the highly successful cosmetics company estimated to be worth $2.6 billion.
  2. Claire Babineaux-Fontenot, SVP & Chief Tax Officer, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Babineaux-Fontenot oversees global tax administration and compliance issues for Wal-Mart in the U.S., Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, China, Japan, and the United Kingdom.
  3. Ingrid Beckles, SVP Default Asset Management, Freddie Mac
    Beckles is responsible for developing and implementing loss mitigation and foreclosure strategies, policies, procedures, and technologies that enable Freddie Mac to mitigate and manage credit losses.
  4. Donna Boles, SVP, Human Resources, BD
    BD, formerly known as Becton, Dickinson, & Co., is global medical technology company worth $7.2 billion and Boles is responsible for the company’s worldwide human resources activities.
  5. Esi Eggleston Bracey, VP & GM Global Cosmetics Innovation, Branding and Operations, Procter & Gamble
    When Bracey first joined Procter & Gamble in 1991, she made history when she became one of the youngest employees to become general manager. The VP is now in charge of over 1,000 employees and is responsible for P&G’s popular CoverGirl and Max Factor brands, which have garnered over $2 billion in retail sales worldwide.
  6. Rosalind Brewer, Division President, Southeast Operations, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Brewer was appointed division president in 2007 and currently manages sales and operation plans, including strategic growth opportunities for 800 stores and 250,000 associates.
  7. Julia Brown, SVP, Procurement, Kraft Foods
    Kraft Foods is a $42 billion food and beverage company and Brown is responsible for the global procurement of all of the company’s goods and services while also overseeing the supply chain for many of America’s most beloved brands, such as Jell-O, Oreo, and Oscar Mayer.
  8. Glynis Bryan, CFO, Insight Enterprises, Inc.
    Bryan manages financial strategy for Insight Enterprises, a $4.8 billion global information technology hardware, software, and services company.
  9. Teresa Bryce, President, Radian Guaranty, Inc.
    Bryce is a banking expert and former general counsel who now leads the mortgage insurance unit of Radian Guaranty, a $1.8 billion company.
  10. Gwendolyn Butler, President & COO, Capri Capital Partners L.L.C.
    As one of the first African American female COOs in the commercial real estate investment management sector, Butler currently has oversight of all investment, finance, and marketing personnel for the company, which currently has $4.2 billion assents under management.
Source: http://www.blackenterprise.com/2010/02/01/75-most-powerful-women-in-business/  

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

I just watched Nicki Minaj's new video, and it's undeniable that that video is more damaging to the black community than a 30-second commercial of a middle-aged black woman dancing with a piece of chicken.  

Nicki Minaj wears provocative clothing while shaking her butt, pours a drink on her breasts, and later gives a lapdance all in one video. And teenage black girls look up to her.
Thanks for saying this. Even though they both are offensive, people turn the other cheek when it comes to music. People don't talk about the oppression nonsense when they are in the club touching the sky for T Pain.

There are no positive women for teenaged black girls to look up to right now man. It bothers me. BOTHERS me. Being a garden tool is all they see.

There are many positive black women for teenaged girls to look up to. The problem is the parents not giving a damn about it and thinking that television (an entertainment medium) is where who we look up to should come. Parents should scour business magazines to find real role models such as the women below. I think another problem is that a magazine like this even needs to exist. 

1. Sheryl Adkins-Green, Global Vice President, Brand Development, Mary Kay, Inc.
    Adkins-Green leads Mary Kay’s global product strategy, which includes product positioning, packaging, product education, and pricing for the highly successful cosmetics company estimated to be worth $2.6 billion.
  2. Claire Babineaux-Fontenot, SVP & Chief Tax Officer, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Babineaux-Fontenot oversees global tax administration and compliance issues for Wal-Mart in the U.S., Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, China, Japan, and the United Kingdom.
  3. Ingrid Beckles, SVP Default Asset Management, Freddie Mac
    Beckles is responsible for developing and implementing loss mitigation and foreclosure strategies, policies, procedures, and technologies that enable Freddie Mac to mitigate and manage credit losses.
  4. Donna Boles, SVP, Human Resources, BD
    BD, formerly known as Becton, Dickinson, & Co., is global medical technology company worth $7.2 billion and Boles is responsible for the company’s worldwide human resources activities.
  5. Esi Eggleston Bracey, VP & GM Global Cosmetics Innovation, Branding and Operations, Procter & Gamble
    When Bracey first joined Procter & Gamble in 1991, she made history when she became one of the youngest employees to become general manager. The VP is now in charge of over 1,000 employees and is responsible for P&G’s popular CoverGirl and Max Factor brands, which have garnered over $2 billion in retail sales worldwide.
  6. Rosalind Brewer, Division President, Southeast Operations, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Brewer was appointed division president in 2007 and currently manages sales and operation plans, including strategic growth opportunities for 800 stores and 250,000 associates.
  7. Julia Brown, SVP, Procurement, Kraft Foods
    Kraft Foods is a $42 billion food and beverage company and Brown is responsible for the global procurement of all of the company’s goods and services while also overseeing the supply chain for many of America’s most beloved brands, such as Jell-O, Oreo, and Oscar Mayer.
  8. Glynis Bryan, CFO, Insight Enterprises, Inc.
    Bryan manages financial strategy for Insight Enterprises, a $4.8 billion global information technology hardware, software, and services company.
  9. Teresa Bryce, President, Radian Guaranty, Inc.
    Bryce is a banking expert and former general counsel who now leads the mortgage insurance unit of Radian Guaranty, a $1.8 billion company.
  10. Gwendolyn Butler, President & COO, Capri Capital Partners L.L.C.
    As one of the first African American female COOs in the commercial real estate investment management sector, Butler currently has oversight of all investment, finance, and marketing personnel for the company, which currently has $4.2 billion assents under management.
Source: http://www.blackenterprise.com/2010/02/01/75-most-powerful-women-in-business/  

laugh.gif
I COMPLETELY forgot about those McDonald's commercials.
Should've nicknamed that fool Brian McNugget for that.

laugh.gif
I COMPLETELY forgot about those McDonald's commercials.
Should've nicknamed that fool Brian McNugget for that.

i saw this last night and i didn't find it to be that bad...

maybe had i not seen this thread first but i expected much worse...

i gave up mcdonalds for damn near a year after that chicken nuggets music video...

i think it worked...
laugh.gif

they seem to have cut back on the rapping/singing about breakfast and nuggets

why do people keep bringing up Nicki? is this commercial suppose to offend black women or black people in general?

i saw this last night and i didn't find it to be that bad...

maybe had i not seen this thread first but i expected much worse...

i gave up mcdonalds for damn near a year after that chicken nuggets music video...

i think it worked...
laugh.gif

they seem to have cut back on the rapping/singing about breakfast and nuggets

why do people keep bringing up Nicki? is this commercial suppose to offend black women or black people in general?

this

whats up wit that #$%^
grin.gif

Right.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this

whats up wit that #$%^
grin.gif

Right.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
those popeyes commercials are mad annoying. Mickey Dees commercials are straight up insulting to the urban community.

30t6p3b.gif
those popeyes commercials are mad annoying. Mickey Dees commercials are straight up insulting to the urban community.

Back
Top Bottom