These Popeye's commercials....vol. Annie the Chicken Queen

Originally Posted by moundraised23

DRETHEMAN wrote:

Every single black friend I have ever had has loved fried chicken..... and watermelon... I'm just sayin.

i think u missin the point

30t6p3b.gif
im sensing some low key racism in here...
nerd.gif
.. and yea popeyes commercials has been annoying the hell out of me for a long time. mcdonalds has been pissing me off too. some of those ads are just ignorant; clearly marketing the fast food to black people because so many in the black community are poor.

I refuse to believe that that's the commercial. 
eek.gif
No, really... THAT was the offensive commercial? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

People who find this offensive couldn't possibly support rappers who talk about illegal activity and other vile acts, right?

The offensiveness of a black woman dancing with chicken, in comparison to what you're prone to hear from rappers, is downright laughable.
How dare you? We, as a people, have every right to ignore what's really hurting our community and focus on stuff that doesn't matter. Yes we like chicken, but how dare they (white people)  say that we do.
eyes.gif

This woman from Popeye's is a mammy? Really?

If you're really offended, you'd stop eating the food. Write them a letter, or send them an email. Let them know how you feel. But I know that no one is really offended. These commercials have been airing for a while, this is all lip service. You feel like you're supposed to be offened, but you're really not. How any one can be offended by this, but for example, can visit worldstar on a daily basis is baffling.

I think that's what it is.

Nicki Minaj's video will get more views this month than this commercial will in total.

It's amazing what a piece of chicken can do. A black woman holding a piece of chicken while making a small dance movement raises more eyebrows than a popular black female entertainer selling sex, and mentioning a guy of her interest selling coke in a song, while she's idolized by a copious amount of young, impressionable black females.

30t6p3b.gif
 Shame on Popeye's and that sellout black woman.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

People who find this offensive couldn't possibly support rappers who talk about illegal activity and other vile acts, right?

The offensiveness of a black woman dancing with chicken, in comparison to what you're prone to hear from rappers, is downright laughable.
How dare you? We, as a people, have every right to ignore what's really hurting our community and focus on stuff that doesn't matter. Yes we like chicken, but how dare they (white people)  say that we do.
eyes.gif

If you're really offended, you'd stop eating the food. Write them a letter, or send them an email. Let them know how you feel. But I know that no one is really offended. These commercials have been airing for a while, this is all lip service. You feel like you're supposed to be offened, but you're really not. How any one can be offended by this, but for example, can visit worldstar on a daily basis is baffling.

Nicki Minaj's video will get more views this month than this commercial will in total.

It's amazing what a piece of chicken can do. A black woman holding a piece of chicken while making a small dance movement raises more eyebrows than a popular black female entertainer selling sex, and mentioning a guy of her interest selling coke in a song, while she's idolized by a copious amount of young, impressionable black females.

30t6p3b.gif
There is something wrong with both the image(s) of Annie the Chicken Queen and Nicki Minaj.  That being said, this thread is NOT about Minaj.  That can be another topic for another day.  There is an offensive connotation/sterotype associated with a black woman shuckin' and jivin' w. fried chicken in her hand.  Popeye's took it there. 

eek.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

30t6p3b.gif
There is something wrong with both the image(s) of Annie the Chicken Queen and Nicki Minaj.  That being said, this thread is NOT about Minaj.  That can be another topic for another day.  There is an offensive connotation/sterotype associated with a black woman shuckin' and jivin' w. fried chicken in her hand.  Popeye's took it there. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I'm asian and I get lightweight offended at the Panda Express commercials....

I want Popeyes now
ohwell.gif
Panda Express has commercials??? I'm half Korean but slightly intrigued by the possible racism.

As for the Popeye's commercial, I see the offensiveness but I give them props for doing it anyways. It's like they know it's racist and will offend people but screw it, the chicken will still be eaten. That's bold.

Also somehow Popeye's and KFC need to combine and offer Popeye's chicken with KFC's side, that would be incredible.

I want Popeyes now
ohwell.gif
Panda Express has commercials??? I'm half Korean but slightly intrigued by the possible racism.

As for the Popeye's commercial, I see the offensiveness but I give them props for doing it anyways. It's like they know it's racist and will offend people but screw it, the chicken will still be eaten. That's bold.

Also somehow Popeye's and KFC need to combine and offer Popeye's chicken with KFC's side, that would be incredible.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^^Word.
Cats are totally missing the point and coming off like trolls.

What's the point being missed? This is a midly offensive ad that really isn't offending anyone. This entire thread is a troll. These ads only bring connotations if you make them. If OP, or anyone, really thought Popeyes was racist they would boycott. Talking about something and doing nothing is lip service. This thread is rubbish.

^^Word.

What's the point being missed? This is a midly offensive ad that really isn't offending anyone. This entire thread is a troll. These ads only bring connotations if you make them. If OP, or anyone, really thought Popeyes was racist they would boycott. Talking about something and doing nothing is lip service. This thread is rubbish.

QueenCitySneakerQueen wrote:
I don't know why the commercials do not bother me *Kanye shrug*

and they shouldnt ppl acting like she on some blaxploitation bucking and shining status.

QueenCitySneakerQueen wrote:
I don't know why the commercials do not bother me *Kanye shrug*

and they shouldnt ppl acting like she on some blaxploitation bucking and shining status.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

I want Popeyes now
ohwell.gif

Yes, I recently started seeing Panda commercials featuring their new foods....
You are tripping if you don't like Popeye's red beans and rice
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

I want Popeyes now
ohwell.gif

Yes, I recently started seeing Panda commercials featuring their new foods....
You are tripping if you don't like Popeye's red beans and rice
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

As an Asian who's lightweight offended everytime there's an ad with an Asian dude that looks dorky and goofy instead of being shown in a normal light (see: recent T-Mobile ad with the Wade video stream), I understand where you're coming from.

The Panda Express commercial isn't "racist", but it just shows a hot Asian girl..I just don't like the fact there's no commercials that ever show any Asian males in a "normal" light. Every commercial we're in, we're not the dominant ones, we're the goofy looking people.

As an Asian who's lightweight offended everytime there's an ad with an Asian dude that looks dorky and goofy instead of being shown in a normal light (see: recent T-Mobile ad with the Wade video stream), I understand where you're coming from.

The Panda Express commercial isn't "racist", but it just shows a hot Asian girl..I just don't like the fact there's no commercials that ever show any Asian males in a "normal" light. Every commercial we're in, we're not the dominant ones, we're the goofy looking people.

^^Word.

Sir, people in here aren't supposed to speak the truth. Stop it.

^^Word.

Sir, people in here aren't supposed to speak the truth. Stop it.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Co-sign bout the goofy, dorky Asians in commercials.... Put me in a commercial
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
folks will be thinking I'm The Rock
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Co-sign bout the goofy, dorky Asians in commercials.... Put me in a commercial
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
folks will be thinking I'm The Rock
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by soleKINGericJ

NTers love to go against the grain. Is this lady dancing with pieces of fried chicken going to destroy the black community? No. Is it as bad as Nicki Minaj (who I absolutely despise by the way) or your typical rap song? No. But this type of portrayal of black women in mainstream America needs to stop. "Annie" is a mammy and when you add in elements like fried chicken and dancing (shuck 'n jive) this crap is downright offensive. The unfortunate part of this is that the people that are being disrespected and should take offense to these commercials probably don't because they fail to realize that the joke is on them. But hey, ignorance is bliss right?

And for what it's worth, I'm black and I don't like watermelon at all.

*Cue the "You Mad?" and "Didn't Read" .gifs*
THIS

Is this the worst thing ever? No. Should it be on TV? No. It is obviously offensive to a lot of folks.

Back
Top Bottom