Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

Dude said she look like Corey Maggette
roll.gif
roll.gif

I busted out dying in class when I seen that
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wait, black people liking fried chicken is a "negative" stereotype? 
laugh.gif

What's so negative about it?  Ya'll love that *!@#.

I don't get offended when they try to push Latino inspired dishes in fast food restaurants with lispy/spanish accent heavy voiceovers.

Didn't know Southern accents were exclusive to black people?  Must have nothing to do with the fact that Popeye's pushes Louisiana style (Cajun) "cuisine". 
grin.gif
eyes.gif

It's a resurrection of the classic Mammy stereotype...try not to speak on things you don't know much about.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wait, black people liking fried chicken is a "negative" stereotype? 
laugh.gif

What's so negative about it?  Ya'll love that *!@#.

I don't get offended when they try to push Latino inspired dishes in fast food restaurants with lispy/spanish accent heavy voiceovers.

Didn't know Southern accents were exclusive to black people?  Must have nothing to do with the fact that Popeye's pushes Louisiana style (Cajun) "cuisine". 
grin.gif
eyes.gif

It's a resurrection of the classic Mammy stereotype...try not to speak on things you don't know much about.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

I was juuuust telling my girl
nerd.gif
the other day how I can't understand how some self righteous black people refuse to eat chicken from a place called Bojangle's but allow this broad's ****ing on a daily basis...

DF!!!

I remember in college, they had fried chicken nights every now and then....my black friends and I used to have to be real sneaky about that sh$$. We used to sit upstairs all the way in the back of the cafeteria just to enjoy some chicken.

Look at him, he loves it. Just like the encyclopedia said he would.
laugh.gif

YO!

nerd.gif
the other day how I can't understand how some self righteous black people refuse to eat chicken from a place called Bojangle's but allow this broad's ****ing on a daily basis...

DF!!!

I remember in college, they had fried chicken nights every now and then....my black friends and I used to have to be real sneaky about that sh$$. We used to sit upstairs all the way in the back of the cafeteria just to enjoy some chicken.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

YO!

nerd.gif

DF!!!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
I used to pass on fried chicken on those nights but then one day I went HAM on the amount of chicken I put on my tray. The looks I got by some people
ohwell.gif
. It was worth it though
grin.gif

YO!

nerd.gif

DF!!!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
I used to pass on fried chicken on those nights but then one day I went HAM on the amount of chicken I put on my tray. The looks I got by some people
ohwell.gif
. It was worth it though
grin.gif

Chick is a mammy and a $$!% to the fullest degree.

With that said, I still eat Popeyes like it's homecooked. One of my few vices.

Chick is a mammy and a $$!% to the fullest degree.

With that said, I still eat Popeyes like it's homecooked. One of my few vices.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

yall know who I'm talking about....

anniethechickenqueen.jpg

These commercials always bothered me....but they took it to a whole new level in the most recent ad, where they have her dancing at a picnic waving some drumsticks in the air...

c'mon Popeye's
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Haven't seen the commercial but I can just imagine from this explanation.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

yall know who I'm talking about....

anniethechickenqueen.jpg

These commercials always bothered me....but they took it to a whole new level in the most recent ad, where they have her dancing at a picnic waving some drumsticks in the air...

c'mon Popeye's
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Haven't seen the commercial but I can just imagine from this explanation.

YO!

nerd.gif

DF!!!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

YO!

nerd.gif

DF!!!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Every single black friend I have ever had has loved fried chicken..... and watermelon... I'm just sayin.

Every single black friend I have ever had has loved fried chicken..... and watermelon... I'm just sayin.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

laugh.gif
This is almost as bad as the asian and rice stereotype, who the hell doesn't eat rice? It's the staple of almost every diet.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

laugh.gif
This is almost as bad as the asian and rice stereotype, who the hell doesn't eat rice? It's the staple of almost every diet.

People who find this offensive couldn't possibly support rappers who talk about illegal activity and other vile acts, right?

The offensiveness of a black woman dancing with chicken, in comparison to what you're prone to hear from rappers, is downright laughable.

People who find this offensive couldn't possibly support rappers who talk about illegal activity and other vile acts, right?

The offensiveness of a black woman dancing with chicken, in comparison to what you're prone to hear from rappers, is downright laughable.

Originally Posted by swizzc

always wondered if black people get uncomfortable when they see commercials like that.

YEP (im black) SMH everytime it airs

Back
Top Bottom