There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Not going to read through all 17 pages of this, but I hate generalizations. To say that there are no benefits for men to get married is ridiculous, because lots of men do it and are completely happy with everything that comes along with it. Me personally, I'm pro-choice on just about everything. If two people want to join together in holy matrimony then I'm all for it, if a person wants to stay single for their entire life I'm all for that too...there's always going to be pros and cons in every decisions that we make.

Originally Posted by Dskilz3

I have been married to my wife for almost 6 years and prior to us marrying we were together for 11 years. 
In my experience seeing many friends, friends of friends, family members and associates have troubled marriages I can say with utmost certainty that the problem was. In the overwhelming majority of the failed marriages they just got married too soon.........it is just that simple. 

I can't count how many people we spoke with during the 11 years we were dating that would ask "So when are you two finally getting married?" Those same people would meet someone and get married after 3-6 months either because they got pregnant or just bought into the "idea" of marriage and be divorced no less than a year or two later. Like I said, I have seen more of those situations then I can count and each and every one of those situations could have been avoided if they had not rushed into marriage. Everyone just has to have the immediate payoff these days and is not willing to do their due diligence

My wife and I have been through thick and thin and are as strong as ever as we hang on to each other through what is the toughest spot we have ever been in financially, but we both know that at the end of the day we have each other to keep us going. Marriage is obviously not for everyone, but when you do it just make sure you are doing it right!

good post...with that being said I personally think a person shouldnt even focus at all on marriage at least until their 30's.

I have been married to my wife for almost 6 years and prior to us marrying we were together for 11 years. 
In my experience seeing many friends, friends of friends, family members and associates have troubled marriages I can say with utmost certainty that the problem was. In the overwhelming majority of the failed marriages they just got married too soon.........it is just that simple. 

I can't count how many people we spoke with during the 11 years we were dating that would ask "So when are you two finally getting married?" Those same people would meet someone and get married after 3-6 months either because they got pregnant or just bought into the "idea" of marriage and be divorced no less than a year or two later. Like I said, I have seen more of those situations then I can count and each and every one of those situations could have been avoided if they had not rushed into marriage. Everyone just has to have the immediate payoff these days and is not willing to do their due diligence

My wife and I have been through thick and thin and are as strong as ever as we hang on to each other through what is the toughest spot we have ever been in financially, but we both know that at the end of the day we have each other to keep us going. Marriage is obviously not for everyone, but when you do it just make sure you are doing it right!

good post...with that being said I personally think a person shouldnt even focus at all on marriage at least until their 30's.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

You talk a good game and it all sounds good but you don't really believe what you are saying.

NO benefits?  Here's one....a damn family.

but what if that "family" only lasts for 5 years?
eyes.gif

You talk a good game and it all sounds good but you don't really believe what you are saying.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by imthekang

Iuno maybe in this day in age i might would agree seeing that majority of divorces well seperation from women say its finances. I wont even get into that but
grin.gif
. But yea one would incline to believe late 20's early 30's you are more likely to be stable financially. As funny as it may sound not knowing one another etc is the least reason stat-wise ppl get divorced. Stats show most issues with divorce in some shape or fashion root around money. Issues such as behind on bills. Or the we never go out do spontaneous things etc anymore. If you aint got money kinda hard to do these things. But with the way the econommy is now age really isnt a factor, cause you can lose your job etc, be short on money at 23 just as likely as being 36.

But as far as the og topic there are pluses and minus about being married. Alot of the pluses you could get with being single. Only ones I can think of that you cant get are in the financial dept., and in the religion dept. and that really isnt a benefit for all considering every one isnt a christian etc.... The minuses well kinda do outweight the pros.

But if you lucky enough to get into a positive situation then it trumps all, its just nowadays a good healthy long lasting relationship isnt vary likely so... If one was to look at marriage etc... like betting/business/ playing the odds, marriage etc would be a serious underdog.

Originally Posted by imthekang

Iuno maybe in this day in age i might would agree seeing that majority of divorces well seperation from women say its finances. I wont even get into that but
grin.gif
. But yea one would incline to believe late 20's early 30's you are more likely to be stable financially. As funny as it may sound not knowing one another etc is the least reason stat-wise ppl get divorced. Stats show most issues with divorce in some shape or fashion root around money. Issues such as behind on bills. Or the we never go out do spontaneous things etc anymore. If you aint got money kinda hard to do these things. But with the way the econommy is now age really isnt a factor, cause you can lose your job etc, be short on money at 23 just as likely as being 36.

But as far as the og topic there are pluses and minus about being married. Alot of the pluses you could get with being single. Only ones I can think of that you cant get are in the financial dept., and in the religion dept. and that really isnt a benefit for all considering every one isnt a christian etc.... The minuses well kinda do outweight the pros.

But if you lucky enough to get into a positive situation then it trumps all, its just nowadays a good healthy long lasting relationship isnt vary likely so... If one was to look at marriage etc... like betting/business/ playing the odds, marriage etc would be a serious underdog.

If you are willing to commit to the "one" and believe in the sanctity of marriage, then why not? By the way, marriage is not for everyone. Some couple are doing fine just being common law partners. 

In the end, it is what you make of itand what marriage means to you.

If you are willing to commit to the "one" and believe in the sanctity of marriage, then why not? By the way, marriage is not for everyone. Some couple are doing fine just being common law partners. 

In the end, it is what you make of itand what marriage means to you.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

eyes.gif

Then you probably are a bad judge of character and should've waited 

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

Not neccesarily true cause like early stated most divorces are a cause of lack/lost/change of income. And waiting isnt going to change that. You could wait 2 yrs or 20 yrs, with this economy anything could happen. Not to mention the second reason is grow tired of one another so.... The longer you wait the more likelyhood of ppl growing tired of one another. If you look at when divorces were at there lowest point. Most ppl were younger late teens/early 20's. That would suggest that they really didnt have much time to grow as a person themselves or grow toghter to get to know one another.

And to the family being a benefit, um there are ppl who dont want a family and/or kids. So how would having kids etc be a benefit? And not only that its ppl who been together 10-15+ years and get a divorce. So are you saying they didnt spend enough time getting to know each other? What ppl suppose to wait till they damn near in there 40's 50's to get married?

Anyway you try to look at it spin it, marriage is a huge gamble like the lottery, and stats show that divorce etc are the heavily favorites. And the results of losing can cost you and your children both financially and emotionally a lifetime.

eyes.gif

Not neccesarily true cause like early stated most divorces are a cause of lack/lost/change of income. And waiting isnt going to change that. You could wait 2 yrs or 20 yrs, with this economy anything could happen. Not to mention the second reason is grow tired of one another so.... The longer you wait the more likelyhood of ppl growing tired of one another. If you look at when divorces were at there lowest point. Most ppl were younger late teens/early 20's. That would suggest that they really didnt have much time to grow as a person themselves or grow toghter to get to know one another.

And to the family being a benefit, um there are ppl who dont want a family and/or kids. So how would having kids etc be a benefit? And not only that its ppl who been together 10-15+ years and get a divorce. So are you saying they didnt spend enough time getting to know each other? What ppl suppose to wait till they damn near in there 40's 50's to get married?

Anyway you try to look at it spin it, marriage is a huge gamble like the lottery, and stats show that divorce etc are the heavily favorites. And the results of losing can cost you and your children both financially and emotionally a lifetime.

The further I got into the thread the more the pro marriage camp began to sound exactly like the pro religion camp. Seeing that one is an ugly stepchild of the other that shouldn't be surprising. Neither comes from reason though.

The further I got into the thread the more the pro marriage camp began to sound exactly like the pro religion camp. Seeing that one is an ugly stepchild of the other that shouldn't be surprising. Neither comes from reason though.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

edit; truth. 

edit; truth. 

I didn't read the whole thread, but for me, marriage is the opportunity to be with the woman of my dreams, instead of all of the girls I've been with up until this point. If you're wifing some J/O you met at the club, chances are you're doing it wrong.

Being honest, I've never been with a girl with a pretty face, slim waist, fat butt, great career, great personality, and good financial standing, in my entire life. IMO, girls like that aren't gonna just let me smash casually, but I do feel like I have a shot to wife a chick like that. Considering that is the kind of girl that is going to make me the happiest, I don't mind suffering the so-called consequences.

Now if I could sleep with any woman in the world, any time I wanted, there'd be no real reason to get married.

I didn't read the whole thread, but for me, marriage is the opportunity to be with the woman of my dreams, instead of all of the girls I've been with up until this point. If you're wifing some J/O you met at the club, chances are you're doing it wrong.

Being honest, I've never been with a girl with a pretty face, slim waist, fat butt, great career, great personality, and good financial standing, in my entire life. IMO, girls like that aren't gonna just let me smash casually, but I do feel like I have a shot to wife a chick like that. Considering that is the kind of girl that is going to make me the happiest, I don't mind suffering the so-called consequences.

Now if I could sleep with any woman in the world, any time I wanted, there'd be no real reason to get married.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by bulletproofwallets

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

i will re-iterate what i said before this debate has been over since it turned personal about 7 pages ago but still
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

basically, this thread shoud be /'d because pro-marriage got offended that someone could actually be happy unmarried, insinuating that their marriages/future marriages are/will be wastes of money and irrelevant. Then it resorted to personal attacks when they found out that LDJ is a human that makes/made mistakes and has a different lifestyle and mindset from them. Where the mods at? 
Pretty much. Debating on the internet ftl.
laugh.gif

I Hope everyone finds their true happiness. Married, not married or whatever lifestyle you chose.    
Not really, people got offended because some of you can't disagree with something without insulting it. 
LDJ was not one of those people, but a lot of people in the thread were attacking marriage, rather than disagreeing with it. 

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by bulletproofwallets

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

i will re-iterate what i said before this debate has been over since it turned personal about 7 pages ago but still
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

basically, this thread shoud be /'d because pro-marriage got offended that someone could actually be happy unmarried, insinuating that their marriages/future marriages are/will be wastes of money and irrelevant. Then it resorted to personal attacks when they found out that LDJ is a human that makes/made mistakes and has a different lifestyle and mindset from them. Where the mods at? 
Pretty much. Debating on the internet ftl.
laugh.gif

I Hope everyone finds their true happiness. Married, not married or whatever lifestyle you chose.    
Not really, people got offended because some of you can't disagree with something without insulting it. 
LDJ was not one of those people, but a lot of people in the thread were attacking marriage, rather than disagreeing with it. 

Originally Posted by sonofsam

edit; truth. 

Originally Posted by sonofsam

edit; truth. 

Back
Top Bottom