There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

LDJ wrote:
I dated this girl, things wasnt working out, so we just became good friends. I introduced her to one of my good friends. They ended up getting married. We lost touch. One day her and her husband, had a dispute, she went out with girlfriends, got drunk hit me up. My old lady was outta town at the time, She came over spent the night. A few weeks later i found out i got her pregnant. We have never told anyone her son is mines. They ended up divorcing, he is in major debt and has served time for non child support since being laid off. And the kid isnt even
^^^^
Thats what you wrote.  Now your story sounds so much different.  You are a clown homeboy.  And if you choose to respond keep it under 200 words please. 

um you do know the only way you can get a dna test is by one, the mother consents to it. which she didnt wasnt going to do. Two as a means of establishing paternity to seek child support. So are you saying i should put myself on child support and make a 18+ yr commitment to a child just to find out if its mines or not. Or three you have been or are married to said woman. Again so you saying i shouldve asked her, or somehow forced her to divorce her man, marry her then divorce her just to get a dna test to see if the child is mines?

How does any of those scenarios make any sense exactly? You cant just go and say hey i want a dna test. Its only given/granted if the mother established you as a parent, something in which she never did. There is no other legal way, And even if i did the whole stupid kidnap snatched the kid up, no hospital in town would administer the test unless it is consented by the court and/or the mother. And at the time they didnt have at home dna test, and even now they arent really accurate/ and submersible in a court of law.

I really don't care or never really cared enough to man up and except my reality. I have a lot of excuses for not finding out if I am a childs father.

tired.gif

I'm sure the "bond" you and your "life partner" share is pretty strong after reading this.  Does your "life partner" know about this possible love-child that you had with a married woman who also was your friend?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

^^^^
Thats what you wrote.  Now your story sounds so much different.  You are a clown homeboy.  And if you choose to respond keep it under 200 words please. 

um you do know the only way you can get a dna test is by one, the mother consents to it. which she didnt wasnt going to do. Two as a means of establishing paternity to seek child support. So are you saying i should put myself on child support and make a 18+ yr commitment to a child just to find out if its mines or not. Or three you have been or are married to said woman. Again so you saying i shouldve asked her, or somehow forced her to divorce her man, marry her then divorce her just to get a dna test to see if the child is mines?

How does any of those scenarios make any sense exactly? You cant just go and say hey i want a dna test. Its only given/granted if the mother established you as a parent, something in which she never did. There is no other legal way, And even if i did the whole stupid kidnap snatched the kid up, no hospital in town would administer the test unless it is consented by the court and/or the mother. And at the time they didnt have at home dna test, and even now they arent really accurate/ and submersible in a court of law.

I really don't care or never really cared enough to man up and except my reality. I have a lot of excuses for not finding out if I am a childs father.
tired.gif

I'm sure the "bond" you and your "life partner" share is pretty strong after reading this.  Does your "life partner" know about this possible love-child that you had with a married woman who also was your friend?
tired.gif

Yes i did, and i also tell her lots of other things as she does me, And what happen in the past doesnt dictate my future, its the same as if a person gets married to a person who already has kids, out of wedlock, or have been previously married. Are you saying the love/bond the have isnt warranted or real? I told her bout strip parties, i tell her she knows i watch pron. i mean i have an open and upfront honest relationship with her and my kids, hell my kid the other day found some weed on the street and asked do i smoke and ever have smoked i said yes. Am i a bad parent. My old lady knows i wasnt a virgin and i know she wasnt one either. She wasnt a jumpoff gangbang chick but i know she been around the block. If she stepped out on me or i stepped out on her we have the type of relationship we could just come out and say it, accepted and move on. How many of these social norm, stereotypical marriages can say that? Not the majority. just look at the current state of marriage and divorce rates.

i never claimed that we were the clevers or the huxtables. but we are just two ppl who were on and off throughout our lives and some kinda way ended up having kids and living together and just love living life. Its whatever you wanna call it. A fact shame fraud etc..  thats cool with me. All i know is that what we have and what our family is works. I may didnt do it the stereotypical social norm like everyone else but its still all good.
And as far as how maybe having a kid plays into this part is like saying former pros/strippers/pron stars shouldnt have happiness have a family be with one.

Im sorry but this eurocentric social stereotypical definition isnt for everyone. It is virtually impossible do to a number factors such as ratio to in sexes, ppl sexual preferences religious beliefs etc... To say that one way is the right and the only way is well kinda narrowminded imo. But i still respect dont look down belittle those who feel that it is. Nor do i discredit them because of their belifs and views on the matter. Something that cant be said well atleast in this thread about the ppl who choose not to follow the so called real/right way at establishing a bond and a lifelong commitment bond family etc..

I can truly and honestly say if my woman cheated on me i would still love her and my family and that wouldnt change. Cause i have this far and it isnt going to change. But can the same be said about the majority of ppl you did it in the traditional way? No even tho they vowed and swore to their higher being and promised it infront of they family/friends etc and to the whole world. And my proof is in the fact the divorce rates, and also the views and truth that majority of these ppl in here saying god this and that and ceremony yadda yadda, would leave/sig other would leave if they cheated/lied/decieved them.

You know its true as well as i do. the proof is in the pudding. Its a fact of life, You know its true when you got an entire judical entity, careers, tv shows etc that is based on those opinions, and truths.

Originally Posted by LDJ

^^^^

tired.gif

tired.gif

Yes i did, and i also tell her lots of other things as she does me, And what happen in the past doesnt dictate my future, its the same as if a person gets married to a person who already has kids, out of wedlock, or have been previously married. Are you saying the love/bond the have isnt warranted or real? I told her bout strip parties, i tell her she knows i watch pron. i mean i have an open and upfront honest relationship with her and my kids, hell my kid the other day found some weed on the street and asked do i smoke and ever have smoked i said yes. Am i a bad parent. My old lady knows i wasnt a virgin and i know she wasnt one either. She wasnt a jumpoff gangbang chick but i know she been around the block. If she stepped out on me or i stepped out on her we have the type of relationship we could just come out and say it, accepted and move on. How many of these social norm, stereotypical marriages can say that? Not the majority. just look at the current state of marriage and divorce rates.

i never claimed that we were the clevers or the huxtables. but we are just two ppl who were on and off throughout our lives and some kinda way ended up having kids and living together and just love living life. Its whatever you wanna call it. A fact shame fraud etc..  thats cool with me. All i know is that what we have and what our family is works. I may didnt do it the stereotypical social norm like everyone else but its still all good.
And as far as how maybe having a kid plays into this part is like saying former pros/strippers/pron stars shouldnt have happiness have a family be with one.

Im sorry but this eurocentric social stereotypical definition isnt for everyone. It is virtually impossible do to a number factors such as ratio to in sexes, ppl sexual preferences religious beliefs etc... To say that one way is the right and the only way is well kinda narrowminded imo. But i still respect dont look down belittle those who feel that it is. Nor do i discredit them because of their belifs and views on the matter. Something that cant be said well atleast in this thread about the ppl who choose not to follow the so called real/right way at establishing a bond and a lifelong commitment bond family etc..

I can truly and honestly say if my woman cheated on me i would still love her and my family and that wouldnt change. Cause i have this far and it isnt going to change. But can the same be said about the majority of ppl you did it in the traditional way? No even tho they vowed and swore to their higher being and promised it infront of they family/friends etc and to the whole world. And my proof is in the fact the divorce rates, and also the views and truth that majority of these ppl in here saying god this and that and ceremony yadda yadda, would leave/sig other would leave if they cheated/lied/decieved them.

You know its true as well as i do. the proof is in the pudding. Its a fact of life, You know its true when you got an entire judical entity, careers, tv shows etc that is based on those opinions, and truths.

Originally Posted by tizoni

Originally Posted by likethematrix

smh... you kids nowadays.

marry your *%%*% cause you love that *%%*% enough to fight someone for her and willing to give up half your $#$%.
and if you aint $!%%!# over atleast 50 *+!+%%% then how can you even give advice?
you havent had enough experience.
marriage is the real dedication. "im putting my money on the line for you %*$!+"

Its like signing a lease on a 150k car.
This.
 Look at your !!!%! in the eyes and if you see yourself being with that !!!%! and loving that !!!%! for the rest of your life then that !!!%! is for you. Just be careful what what kind of !!!%! you tryin to wife. Too many bad #%++#*+ out there you need to look for the right !!!%! that'll be the !!!%! that you can be with forever.

Huh? Uhm... Yeah, if thats how you look at it? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by tizoni

Originally Posted by likethematrix

smh... you kids nowadays.

marry your *%%*% cause you love that *%%*% enough to fight someone for her and willing to give up half your $#$%.
and if you aint $!%%!# over atleast 50 *+!+%%% then how can you even give advice?
you havent had enough experience.
marriage is the real dedication. "im putting my money on the line for you %*$!+"

Its like signing a lease on a 150k car.
This.
 Look at your !!!%! in the eyes and if you see yourself being with that !!!%! and loving that !!!%! for the rest of your life then that !!!%! is for you. Just be careful what what kind of !!!%! you tryin to wife. Too many bad #%++#*+ out there you need to look for the right !!!%! that'll be the !!!%! that you can be with forever.

Huh? Uhm... Yeah, if thats how you look at it? 
ohwell.gif

I would go through your entire post as I was doing before LDJ, but after Capricorn bringing up the fact that you might have a child by another woman and just because she doesn't condone a DNA test for the sake of her relationship you chose to do nothing just makes you look like an $$@%#*%, how could you be so heartless as to be able to live with the uncertainty of that kid being yours and being that type of person how can you sit here and try and lecture those who believe in something as sacred as the bond of marriage?...

You really had me going, really did.

I would go through your entire post as I was doing before LDJ, but after Capricorn bringing up the fact that you might have a child by another woman and just because she doesn't condone a DNA test for the sake of her relationship you chose to do nothing just makes you look like an $$@%#*%, how could you be so heartless as to be able to live with the uncertainty of that kid being yours and being that type of person how can you sit here and try and lecture those who believe in something as sacred as the bond of marriage?...

You really had me going, really did.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by megachamploo

I don't get why this thread is still goin on.

Why do two people get married? They love each other that much to want to get married.
Loving each other that much and taking a relationship to that level is not a benefit that OP recognizes.

The stage is set for a debate that really doesn't need to take place. People getting so worked up
laugh.gif

Yea I don't understand why people are getting heated in this thread. There are no wrong answers. It would be interesting to see how what this thread would be like if NT had more salty un-wed women.
laugh.gif
The pressure on women to get married is immense.
this thread boils down to dudes who defend marriage vs dudes who think marriage is pointless and think that dudes who do get married do it b/c of societal peer pressure.

Originally Posted by megachamploo

I don't get why this thread is still goin on.

Why do two people get married? They love each other that much to want to get married.
Loving each other that much and taking a relationship to that level is not a benefit that OP recognizes.

The stage is set for a debate that really doesn't need to take place. People getting so worked up
laugh.gif

Yea I don't understand why people are getting heated in this thread. There are no wrong answers. It would be interesting to see how what this thread would be like if NT had more salty un-wed women.
laugh.gif
The pressure on women to get married is immense.
this thread boils down to dudes who defend marriage vs dudes who think marriage is pointless and think that dudes who do get married do it b/c of societal peer pressure.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

There are alot ofbenfits tp gett married.

The biggest advantage of being married is an emotional stability. First, people who got married have their own family as shelter for their social life.

2nd You got a life time best friend

3rd You got a lifetime stable healthy relationship

4th 2 Incomes

5th Double health insurance

6th Longer Life. men live longer when happy and married

7th Tax Benifits

8th You make your girl very happy and let her know how much you love her

Theres more but Im sure you get the point by now

I can have everything you listed being single.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

There are alot ofbenfits tp gett married.

The biggest advantage of being married is an emotional stability. First, people who got married have their own family as shelter for their social life.

2nd You got a life time best friend

3rd You got a lifetime stable healthy relationship

4th 2 Incomes

5th Double health insurance

6th Longer Life. men live longer when happy and married

7th Tax Benifits

8th You make your girl very happy and let her know how much you love her

Theres more but Im sure you get the point by now

I can have everything you listed being single.

Originally Posted by LDJ

^^^^

tired.gif

tired.gif

How are those excuses those are facts and laws. And if bucking the system and blatanttly disregarding law is manning up lol... That doesnt even make sense. Oh wise an infinite wisdom one how do you propose i go about it? You do know you cant marry someone that is married already right. Um so is that my excuse, um you do know thats against the law. And you do know that both parties have to agree to the marriage right. Oh but thats an excuse to and not a fact or law? Lol You do also know that the other parent And child have to be present and consent to a dna test right? So is manning up throwing a potato sack over her head kidnapping her and the kid at gunpoint and holding them ransom in a public place like a hospital manning up? Who was your father or example of manning up oj simpson. ike turner. Dude you suggesting that i engage in illegal activities and immoral acts is a sign of manning up sounds crazy.

And im sorry i aint putting myself on child support on purpose to find out if a kid is mines. Im sorry thats straight up stupid. First i couldnt do that anyways because they were married and he would either a)have to give up his parental rights established through being married and b) she would have to release him from child support and ask seek child support from me. Again something that isnt in my control.

But since you have all the answers, how do you propose i get a guy to give up his rights, her to ask the court to take him offa alimony/child support and to ask/seek child support from me? No offense but you come across as a guy who hasnt been through the court system and or grew up with a single mom or stepdad or some other @%#.

Or better yet i should hack the govt system, erase all traces of there marriage, og birth certificate, and go in and change place my name on the info all so i can see if a child is mines.

And lets purpose i did all these illegal acts felonies and immoral deeds and find out the kid isnt mines. I basically did a life worth of crimes all for... So i can say i manned up. Let disregard my woman my kids i have at home, lets forget the friends and family that depends on me. Its all irrelevant, while i serve a bid in prison, just so x number of years later i can post on a sneaker website find you and others and say hey the kid is/isnt mines, i gave up 75% of my life but it was all worth it cause i manned up.

Also what you said doesnt make sense, why would i care/love for 2 kids and not another one? How does that even make sense. Did you grow up with a dad who had a seperate marriage etc other kids and felt jilted less loved ah something? What would make you even manifest a thought like that?

I aint trying to get in ya, or diss im just saying. What would give you this perception thought that this could be the case? Is it from personal experiences.

If not commiting a felony/crimes. A law that prohibits a married person to marry another. And all the other laws i stated are excuses in your mind then ok you win. Im sorry kidnapping/fake marriage/hacking into govt cpu's, falsifying govt documents in my mind doesnt mean your a real man or manning up. If it is to you then kudos.

Originally Posted by LDJ

^^^^

tired.gif

tired.gif

How are those excuses those are facts and laws. And if bucking the system and blatanttly disregarding law is manning up lol... That doesnt even make sense. Oh wise an infinite wisdom one how do you propose i go about it? You do know you cant marry someone that is married already right. Um so is that my excuse, um you do know thats against the law. And you do know that both parties have to agree to the marriage right. Oh but thats an excuse to and not a fact or law? Lol You do also know that the other parent And child have to be present and consent to a dna test right? So is manning up throwing a potato sack over her head kidnapping her and the kid at gunpoint and holding them ransom in a public place like a hospital manning up? Who was your father or example of manning up oj simpson. ike turner. Dude you suggesting that i engage in illegal activities and immoral acts is a sign of manning up sounds crazy.

And im sorry i aint putting myself on child support on purpose to find out if a kid is mines. Im sorry thats straight up stupid. First i couldnt do that anyways because they were married and he would either a)have to give up his parental rights established through being married and b) she would have to release him from child support and ask seek child support from me. Again something that isnt in my control.

But since you have all the answers, how do you propose i get a guy to give up his rights, her to ask the court to take him offa alimony/child support and to ask/seek child support from me? No offense but you come across as a guy who hasnt been through the court system and or grew up with a single mom or stepdad or some other @%#.

Or better yet i should hack the govt system, erase all traces of there marriage, og birth certificate, and go in and change place my name on the info all so i can see if a child is mines.

And lets purpose i did all these illegal acts felonies and immoral deeds and find out the kid isnt mines. I basically did a life worth of crimes all for... So i can say i manned up. Let disregard my woman my kids i have at home, lets forget the friends and family that depends on me. Its all irrelevant, while i serve a bid in prison, just so x number of years later i can post on a sneaker website find you and others and say hey the kid is/isnt mines, i gave up 75% of my life but it was all worth it cause i manned up.

Also what you said doesnt make sense, why would i care/love for 2 kids and not another one? How does that even make sense. Did you grow up with a dad who had a seperate marriage etc other kids and felt jilted less loved ah something? What would make you even manifest a thought like that?

I aint trying to get in ya, or diss im just saying. What would give you this perception thought that this could be the case? Is it from personal experiences.

If not commiting a felony/crimes. A law that prohibits a married person to marry another. And all the other laws i stated are excuses in your mind then ok you win. Im sorry kidnapping/fake marriage/hacking into govt cpu's, falsifying govt documents in my mind doesnt mean your a real man or manning up. If it is to you then kudos.

Originally Posted by LDJ

^^^^

tired.gif

tired.gif

Was it you that posted this same whole man up garbage to that kid sometime last year who had the drama with him and this girl and her wanting to move, and had new man that signed the birth certificate. saying he isnt a real man because she didnt tell him that she moved from michigan to some other state while pregant with her new man and got the new dude to sign the birth certificate. Saying he didnt want to be a father and it was him not manning up that allowed for that to happen. And that he was finding a cowards way out.

If not then ok cool, but responses sound just like that one in that thread. Saying dude was scum, and shouldnt been allowed to have kids. And he wasnt a real man because she unbeknown to him up and moved to another state with another guy while being pregnant and didnt tell him about it?

So let me ask you this If the shoe was on your foot how would you propose to solve this remedy? If you have know earthly clue about family law or paternity etc.. then please dont respond with some jibberish, or cliches and one liners like you some judge o brown of the niketalk forum. 

If so give a rational and legal standpoint as to how you would remedy the situation. But we both know you wont be able to and you will just ignore the post, do something immature like black/cross it all out, and come with some whimisical, talk to the hand, stereotypical open-ended, one-liner.

Originally Posted by LDJ

^^^^

tired.gif

tired.gif

Was it you that posted this same whole man up garbage to that kid sometime last year who had the drama with him and this girl and her wanting to move, and had new man that signed the birth certificate. saying he isnt a real man because she didnt tell him that she moved from michigan to some other state while pregant with her new man and got the new dude to sign the birth certificate. Saying he didnt want to be a father and it was him not manning up that allowed for that to happen. And that he was finding a cowards way out.

If not then ok cool, but responses sound just like that one in that thread. Saying dude was scum, and shouldnt been allowed to have kids. And he wasnt a real man because she unbeknown to him up and moved to another state with another guy while being pregnant and didnt tell him about it?

So let me ask you this If the shoe was on your foot how would you propose to solve this remedy? If you have know earthly clue about family law or paternity etc.. then please dont respond with some jibberish, or cliches and one liners like you some judge o brown of the niketalk forum. 

If so give a rational and legal standpoint as to how you would remedy the situation. But we both know you wont be able to and you will just ignore the post, do something immature like black/cross it all out, and come with some whimisical, talk to the hand, stereotypical open-ended, one-liner.

OP, these are young man's ideals your spewing. 
I may share some of the same opinions, but I'm just saying, remember your perspective.

How many young dudes you know that actually WANT TO GET MARRIED?

Eh. Maybe one, probably none. Yet, almost every one of those guys will end up with a wife. 

Yes, we've all been conditioned to believe is our destiny, but the older heads have a point when they tell us to "Grow up."

Not saying that's a good thing, just something to keep in mind. 

Now, I know all of ONE HAPPILY MARRIED COUPLE in my life.

Given, my standards are high; I'm a pessimist. A realist, really. 

Why would I wanna join all these people in misery and get married?

Ok, go ahead and analyze me, and guess that my parents had a bad marriage. You would be correct, but you're playing the odds, almost no one has happy parents- that i know.

I know I'm young, but hey, it is what it is. 

Just because everyone does it doesn't make it right.

Actually, following something blindly is the worst thing you can do.

Dudes saying "You'll never find a girl that doesn't wanna get married/

- These are short minded old dudes. I have met girls that don't wanna get married. 

And it makes sense because in modern day America, they, like us, don't see many successful marriages.

And relationships are all about compromise, right?

If not getting married is of the utmost importance to you, and if she loves you, is it not feasible to think she should compromise for you?

Just my thoughts.

Peace

I may share some of the same opinions, but I'm just saying, remember your perspective.

Eh. Maybe one, probably none. Yet, almost every one of those guys will end up with a wife. 

Yes, we've all been conditioned to believe is our destiny, but the older heads have a point when they tell us to "Grow up."

Ok, go ahead and analyze me, and guess that my parents had a bad marriage. You would be correct, but you're playing the odds, almost no one has happy parents- that i know.

- These are short minded old dudes. I have met girls that don't wanna get married. 

And it makes sense because in modern day America, they, like us, don't see many successful marriages.

If not getting married is of the utmost importance to you, and if she loves you, is it not feasible to think she should compromise for you?

Just my thoughts.

Peace

i will re-iterate what i said before this debate has been over since it turned personal about 7 pages ago but still
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

i will re-iterate what i said before this debate has been over since it turned personal about 7 pages ago but still

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

basically, this thread shoud be /'d because pro-marriage got offended that someone could actually be happy unmarried, insinuating that their marriages/future marriages are/will be wastes of money and irrelevant. Then it resorted to personal attacks when they found out that LDJ is a human that makes/made mistakes and has a different lifestyle and mindset from them. Where the mods at? 

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

basically, this thread shoud be /'d because pro-marriage got offended that someone could actually be happy unmarried, insinuating that their marriages/future marriages are/will be wastes of money and irrelevant. Then it resorted to personal attacks when they found out that LDJ is a human that makes/made mistakes and has a different lifestyle and mindset from them. Where the mods at? 

man... reading thru this thread has been DOPE.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i took a few things from this thread... a few posts stood out...

i'm not a 35 year old family man, or a newly wed, or a 28 year old single guy...

i'm just 21, soaking up as many perspectives as i can... and this is what i took.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Their arguments aren't even consistent though. Do you want to stay single forever and "lease" women, switching them out whenever you think you can get a newer, faster, better, more willing one since they are "depreciating assets" and apparently you see women, or at least the ones who you pursue, as only being able to contribute looking pretty and nothing else and as only being your tremendous wealth and wordly possessions to "rob" them from you and trap you so they get half. Or are you about monogamy and long term relationships and families still, just don't want to be bothered with a ceremony which you perceive to be "meaningless?"

Are you going to have your names on the birth certificate when your kids are born? Give them your last name or have them keep the Mother's name?

I want to marry the future mother of my kids and give them my last name as a symbol to her and my kids of my commitment to them. Yes, the legal aspect is undeniable as well and that (life insurance, health care, tax purposes) is part of what I want them to have. Given the fact I trusted her enough to bare my children and figure to spend the rest of my life with her, I equally trust that she will not try to take advantage of the situation and get me for half or anything like that. Furthermore, my future wife will be someone with their own career who is financially near or on par, hell maybe makes more (current girl I "mess with" is a nurse and her pockets probably ***# on mine's) than me. Is there a risk there? Perhaps.

Even if we agree for her to become "just" a housewife, there have been multiple studies done by economist including the US Bureau of Labor (and admittedly it is a somewhat flawed science) on the valuation, or opportunity cost, of a housewife's contribution to the household that puts the # at 125K. [URL]http://www.coeinc.org/Articles/HousewifeWorth.pdf[/url] or [URL]http://www.economica.ca/ew09_1p2.htm)[/url]

Again, it's just not my goal to be a baby daddy nor do I want my kids in a single mother home situation (obviously barring anything unforeseen between myself and the mother) with various other dudes in and out of their life. So yes, I do value a father over a baby daddy. Nothing is absolute though, it's not to say all married dads are automatically good and not being married or together with the mom so you can spare me the examples of failed marriages or good ones.

It's funny because yall are the same dudes always complaining about equality and chivalry. Talkin' bout she got hands she can open her own door, let's go Dutch, she can carry her own heavy bags if she want to be equal, then the same time are going to expect a woman to do all the cooking and cleaning, wait on you hand and foot, and basically still subscribe to gender roles when it benefits you all the while comparing them to property talking about depreciation and replacing them. Double standard much?

the hell is this??

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

well then cross that out and replace it with husband, the same rules apply. Calling me gay is hardly an insult, there are men I could gladly marry if I were attracted to them.
pimp.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/]

Originally Posted by KSTAR

this is always said when it comes to marriage..."whats yours is hers and whats hers is hers...." > SMH

insert that *alonzo mourning gif*

Originally Posted by calikev34

I may share some of the same opinions, but I'm just saying, remember your perspective.

If not getting married is of the utmost importance to you, and if she loves you, is it not feasible to think she should compromise for you?

Just my thoughts.

Peace

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LDJ seems to be the most level headed in here. hasnt resulted in much name calling.

ksteezy... you REALLY are deadset on forcing your opinion on others. but you're view of marriage is positive, and that's dope. you gotta admit that some marriage just isnt socially viewed the same. you are actually a minorty in th america, fambs.

DC... good points, but you're name is kinda tainted. people are going to go against you  stongly.

truthgetbusy ... you my dude, but i gotta disagree w/ some stuff. although i dig about checkin under the hood for a test drive.

capricorn1229 is THE TROLL of the thread.... it seem like you tryin to get reaction, fambs... come on, now.

man... reading thru this thread has been DOPE.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i took a few things from this thread... a few posts stood out...

i'm not a 35 year old family man, or a newly wed, or a 28 year old single guy...

i'm just 21, soaking up as many perspectives as i can... and this is what i took.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Their arguments aren't even consistent though. Do you want to stay single forever and "lease" women, switching them out whenever you think you can get a newer, faster, better, more willing one since they are "depreciating assets" and apparently you see women, or at least the ones who you pursue, as only being able to contribute looking pretty and nothing else and as only being your tremendous wealth and wordly possessions to "rob" them from you and trap you so they get half. Or are you about monogamy and long term relationships and families still, just don't want to be bothered with a ceremony which you perceive to be "meaningless?"

Are you going to have your names on the birth certificate when your kids are born? Give them your last name or have them keep the Mother's name?

I want to marry the future mother of my kids and give them my last name as a symbol to her and my kids of my commitment to them. Yes, the legal aspect is undeniable as well and that (life insurance, health care, tax purposes) is part of what I want them to have. Given the fact I trusted her enough to bare my children and figure to spend the rest of my life with her, I equally trust that she will not try to take advantage of the situation and get me for half or anything like that. Furthermore, my future wife will be someone with their own career who is financially near or on par, hell maybe makes more (current girl I "mess with" is a nurse and her pockets probably ***# on mine's) than me. Is there a risk there? Perhaps.

Even if we agree for her to become "just" a housewife, there have been multiple studies done by economist including the US Bureau of Labor (and admittedly it is a somewhat flawed science) on the valuation, or opportunity cost, of a housewife's contribution to the household that puts the # at 125K. [URL]http://www.coeinc.org/Articles/HousewifeWorth.pdf[/url] or [URL]http://www.economica.ca/ew09_1p2.htm)[/url]

Again, it's just not my goal to be a baby daddy nor do I want my kids in a single mother home situation (obviously barring anything unforeseen between myself and the mother) with various other dudes in and out of their life. So yes, I do value a father over a baby daddy. Nothing is absolute though, it's not to say all married dads are automatically good and not being married or together with the mom so you can spare me the examples of failed marriages or good ones.

It's funny because yall are the same dudes always complaining about equality and chivalry. Talkin' bout she got hands she can open her own door, let's go Dutch, she can carry her own heavy bags if she want to be equal, then the same time are going to expect a woman to do all the cooking and cleaning, wait on you hand and foot, and basically still subscribe to gender roles when it benefits you all the while comparing them to property talking about depreciation and replacing them. Double standard much?

the hell is this??

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

well then cross that out and replace it with husband, the same rules apply. Calling me gay is hardly an insult, there are men I could gladly marry if I were attracted to them.
pimp.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/]

Originally Posted by KSTAR

this is always said when it comes to marriage..."whats yours is hers and whats hers is hers...." > SMH

insert that *alonzo mourning gif*

Originally Posted by calikev34

I may share some of the same opinions, but I'm just saying, remember your perspective.

If not getting married is of the utmost importance to you, and if she loves you, is it not feasible to think she should compromise for you?

Just my thoughts.

Peace

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LDJ seems to be the most level headed in here. hasnt resulted in much name calling.

ksteezy... you REALLY are deadset on forcing your opinion on others. but you're view of marriage is positive, and that's dope. you gotta admit that some marriage just isnt socially viewed the same. you are actually a minorty in th america, fambs.

DC... good points, but you're name is kinda tainted. people are going to go against you  stongly.

truthgetbusy ... you my dude, but i gotta disagree w/ some stuff. although i dig about checkin under the hood for a test drive.

capricorn1229 is THE TROLL of the thread.... it seem like you tryin to get reaction, fambs... come on, now.

Back
Top Bottom