THEE OFFICIAL PLAYOFFS THREAD OF THE B2B NBA CHAMPIONS @MiamiHEAT

bynum went to indy?! LAWD that is LITERALLY our worst nightmare. fighting hibbert then fighting bynum after. then back to hibbert. DAMN! this is going to be sooooooooo interesting!

I would've liked to see him with us but I didn't see how he would fit in with this group to tell you the truth

damn.. indy really coming after us... do yall think small will work against them with bynum
Things will be tough, but they can still overcome the size if the 3pt shots are falling. With the shooting slump right now, if it continues it won't end well.

i see you're confused. what i meant to say was, the recent decisions made by coach spoelstra have not been yielding optimal results. with such questionable judgement in regards to which player should be active on the court at any given time, one must bring themselves to ask when enough is enough. it is with great anticipation, that i'd hope spoelstra would take the most honorable course of action and remove himself from command, allowing pat riley the don to take over. If such a situation is not possible, I myself, would be pleased with assistant coach david fitzdale relieving spoelstra of his aforementioned duties. 

with that being said, spoelstra is unfit to lead at this current time in my own opinion.

better?

i see you're confused. what i meant to say was, the recent decisions made by coach spoelstra have not been yielding optimal results. with such questionable judgement in regards to which player should be active on the court at any given time, one must bring themselves to ask when enough is enough. it is with great anticipation, that i'd hope spoelstra would take the most honorable course of action and remove himself from command, allowing pat riley the don to take over. If such a situation is not possible, I myself, would be pleased with assistant coach david fitzdale relieving spoelstra of his aforementioned duties. 

with that being said, spoelstra is unfit to lead at this current time in my own opinion.

better?

View media item 779482

Lol. Interesting opinion.

Anyways. Indy singing Bynum is -_-
They've bolstered their whole roster to go against us. Will be a very difficult match up.

I pray we get 2010-2011 Wade this playoffs. And that Ray gets his shooting touch again

First off I wanna say good win for the home town team. Wade seems to be getting his touch back.

As for Bynum to Indiana... its a complete non factor. Bynum is a proven locker room killer. The Heat dodged a bullet in my opinion.

Great organizations have vision and make moves that set trends. This just shows how Indiana is playing catchup to match what the Heat already have.This move is completely reactionary and doesn't really benefit Indy in the long run. All it does is ensure the Heat won't have a chance to get this head case. Maybe in a sick way "The Don" (Pat Riley) played possum to force Indy's hand. Who knows...

With the way Oden has been progressing as of late, I still like the Heat's chance in the playoffs over the Pacers. I don't see Bynum getting any burn this late into the season let alone the playoffs.

Last edited:

better?

Like you said, that's your opinion and in this country you're entitled to one.

BTW, What part of TPA are you from?

word? i live by usf. they call it temple terrace but nah lol.  and i do believe spoe is messing up. i agree with the plan to keep players rested... but theyre letting them get rusty as a side effect. much less.... the players they picked up in the offseason arent seeing many minutes. for instance, they say oden is for the playoffs. cool... shouldnt we be giving him more minutes to knock the last 7 years of rust off? beas touches the court and lights it up quick. shouldnt he see more minutes to make sure we win these games? mason didnt pan out period.

example, not that we needed him per se, but beas was in the game for 50 seconds.... 50....seconds. oden never even saw the floor. bosh was in the game for 38 minutes and got 4 pts. altho he snagged 10 rebounds (and thats all he did) dont u think we shoulda put in a more productive player? its stuff like that that im talking about

OH! and btw, since yall in tampa...do yall know a connect with lebron shoes? i want those ASGs bad but i know its about to be impossible to get em

Last edited:
I honestly think Wade is fine.

I think it's more of maintenance and rest than a real injury. They just don't want another haggled Wade in the playoffs again.
Last year if Wade was even as good as the 2012 Finals things would have been so much smoother.
But this year he looks slimmer, and a lot more spry. And has gotten a lot more consistent lift under him.

Indy's size will always be an issue though because we are the worst rebounding team in the association.

When Wade and Bron are at full steam nothing can stop the Heat :pimp:

We need to see that turned up Heat defense we've grown accustomed to, saw flashes of it today so I hope it continues.

When Wade and Bron are at full steam nothing can stop the Heat
pimp.gif

We need to see that turned up Heat defense we've grown accustomed to, saw flashes of it today so I hope it continues.
not only the solid defense, but also the fast break style we were killing everybody with in 12. it seems we really just did away with it after a short while.

Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra inspires Seattle Seahawks
August 27, 2013

View media item 781710

RENTON, Wash. -- It’s not every day an NBA championship coach gives advice to an NFL team, but Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson considered it an inspiring moment Tuesday when Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra spoke to the players.

“Having Coach Spoelstra here in front of the team and in meetings with us was an unbelievable experience for everybody,” Wilson said. “For him to come all this way and spend time with us and Coach [Pete] Carroll really means a lot to us because of all the great things he’s done. Just being around him and hearing why they’ve had success and how they’ve had it so often was the best part about it.”

Spoelstra led the Heat to back-to-back NBA titles the last two seasons. Wilson said Spoelstra had a message about how the Seahawks can reach the championship level.

“He talked about how his team was successful and the way they went about their business in terms of sacrifice,’’ Wilson said. “It was the whole idea of sacrificing everything else. That’s what it takes to be great. It clicked with us. Listening to his thoughts was awesome for us.”

Wilson was asked how this Seahawks team compares to where the Heat team was before it won the two championships.

“The biggest thing that correlates with us and the Heat is the way we practice,” Wilson said. “How hard we work is the similarity. But we can’t compare ourselves to them yet. We haven’t done anything yet.”

Wilson recently spent a little time with Heat players LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen at the ESPYS.

“I tried to learn as much as I could from them and asked them questions,” Wilson said. “I asked them what it’s like to be on top and how do you stay there? What they said is it’s just the hard work and discipline they have.

“Look, they have four or five superstars and some of the best athletes ever to play the game. But they have a bond with each other. That’s something we’re trying to build here. We have unbelievable football players on this team at every position. The difference is they’ve done it. We have to prove ourselves and find a way to do it.”

View media item 781713
The Seahawks were 11-5 in the regular season last year, winning in the first round of the playoffs at Washington before losing at Atlanta. The 2012 success has brought high expectations for this season.

Spoelstra and his team have been there when it comes to living up to expectations.

“That’s what he talked about,” Wilson said. “It’s having that discipline and believing yourself, sort of ignore the noise. And how do you continue to stay focused when so many things are said about you? How do you stay focused on the work ethic and the sacrifice?

“That was his message today. They’ve done a great job of winning championships, so that’s what we want to learn from them. How did they get there?”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/82036/russell-wilson-inspired-by-spoelstra-speech

View media item 781714pete carroll, richard sherman, russell wilson, erik spoelstra, lebron james, dwyane wade, ray allen, chrissy teigen photo picture espy awards champions speech lob super bowl

Dwyane. ******g. Wade.

He's gonna retire though, right?

Amazing to me that year after year we doubt Spo and this team, when will we learn? Dudes calling for Spos head the first 20 games of the 2010-2011 season, wanting to trade Wade 2011-2012 playoffs when the Heat played Indiana and went down 2-1 that series. Questioning Bosh, saying we need a true center or we need a better PG. I'm just sitting back waiting for April...

I honestly think Wade is fine.

I think it's more of maintenance and rest than a real injury.
Both. He had to call Grover back in, so there was definitely something up. If I'm not mistaken, he said his plan was to work with Grover intensively before the season and be good for the season, along with the maintenance plan.

Back
Top Bottom